Match Thread Scotland v Cyprus (14:00 KO)

I like hickey but think Patterson offers more for the way Clarke plays. We need width and Patterson provides more than Hickey, constantly wants to come inside Hickey
Hickey is up against I can tell, he’s put in an unbelievably good performance today so far.
The overriding decision to play him will be based on the fact he’s playing for his club side whilst Patterson probably needs a move

Tierney looks done for me. He was good for Arsenal a couple of seasons ago but he's got nothing about him now. No mobility or physicality anymore and very little signs of any fire left.

I like hickey but think Patterson offers more for the way Clarke plays. We need width and Patterson provides more than Hickey, constantly wants to come inside Hickey
Hickey gives us more than patterson unfortunately and Patterson's injuries have allowed hickey to get game time how things changed 2 year ago I was worried we had loads of left backs and no right backs now we have 3 very good right backs in hickey patterson and young Ramsey

Hopefully not tempting fate here, but glad we've convinced Angus Gunn that he's Scottish. No idea who'd be replacing the old guys without him, short of keepers under 35.

Ryan Christie - ha ha ha. Good one Steve. Would have been as well just taking Armstrong off and putting nobody on.

Hickey gives us more than patterson unfortunately and Patterson's injuries have allowed hickey to get game time how things changed 2 year ago I was worried we had loads of left backs and no right backs now we have 3 very good right backs in hickey patterson and young Ramsey

I don't think he does when both are fit though.

Hopefully Patterson can get over his injuries and prove that

latest

Clarkes team selections and general approach are often uninspiring and boring.

Scotland will remain in the dark ages while he remains at the helm.

We’ve been calling out for a forward thinking coach for what seems like decades now yet the sfa persist with him.

I don't think he does when both are fit though.

Hopefully Patterson can get over his injuries and prove that
Be hard to displace hickey as he is playing week in week out in a decent team but both are very good players and I think young Ramsey will challenge them both in coming years

I only had a chance to switch the game on 15 minutes ago - it’s not a good watch - think I will just take the wee dog out - good to hear Jack being applauded

Back