Scotland V Kazakhstan (Match discussion only please)

Just home from the game absolutely Baltic pish crowd fulla weans on a hat will be free tickets wonder what the actual paid amount of tickets was,

Jack and McGregor should be the midfield pairing going forward

Was a good result tonight. Shame points were lost in stupid games.

It's unbelievable how bad our defence actually is though. It's a disgrace that prick Gallagher is being selected to play.

Jack had a good game and was unlucky not to get a goal.

Jack, McGinn, McGregor and Christie is actually a very good midfield. Add Fleck to that and it’s been a long time since Scotland have had so many good options in there. As long as Clarke refuses the urge to shoehorn McTominay back in, we’re in with a shout at the play-offs.
I think it brings a natural balance as Jack and McGregor are both quite comfortable on the right and left side respectively going forward and defensively when full backs overlap, as well as both being able to play through the middle - gives McGinn a licence to go forward.

Centre half's, Centre forwards and right back though we really are struggling.

One off semi at Hampden. Think we might win a home semi agianst the teams above. We wont beat Serbia home or away. Maybe a slight chance at home in a game of hoofball against Norway. Not favourites to go through at all. Shipping goals to everyone.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree. This team doesn't look capable of two big performances within 5 days.

Pantomime mate was a shambles also noticed tonight an awfa folk in club stuff (something I’ve not really seen or been sober enough to notice) was more jackets and hats so might just be Cos it was Baltic but Dumbarton, st midden Motherwell Celtic and rangers stuff on weans and adults

That’s really strange.

Doubt that would’ve happened with a bigger crowd.

Our midfield is genuinely excellent. It's a really nice balance. McGregor and Jack dovetail together well.

Up front? Same old problems. McBurnie looks terrified in a Scotland shirt and Naismith is 33. Fletcher has been off the boil for Wednesday in recent weeks.

Palmer looks a find at right-back, but I still don't fancy Gallagher against decent opposition.

BC0-D0-F41-5-C52-4-A19-AF8-F-CC46-CBFDF450.jpg

Thats a belter of a flag,got it saved.

How can we still be playing 1 of 4 teams? If all qualifiers have been played What happens to the other 3 teams when drawn? Whole system is confusing. Does it literally come down to a draw and the other 3 teams get papped out Cos they don’t get drawn

Did a bit of research because I had the exact same question in my mind. From what I can see there are four play-off "paths" each of which provide a place in the finals.

Path A - all of the top teams in pot A, through the Nations League, qualified through the groups with the exception of Iceland.

Path B - Of all the Nations League winners in the second tier, only 4 failed to qualify so semi-finals are confirmed by ranking (1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd).

Path C - Of all the Nations League winners in the third tier, only Finland qualified throughthe groups which leaves, Scotland top, and designated to play the 4th ranked team however, with only 1 team currently in path A, 4th, 5th, & 6th will draw to see who plays us and who goes into the path A draw.

Path D - None of the Nation League winners in the fourth tier qualified through the groups so it is the top 4 ranked teams who contest the semi-finals.

So semi-finals currently look like this.....

Path A
Iceland v Israel, Hungary or Romania
Israel, Hungary or Romania v Israel, Hungary or Romania
(Path C Scotland opponents drawn 1st, then Iceland opponents, leaving the other two)

Path B
Bonia & Herz. v Northern Ireland
Slovakia v Republic of Ireland

Path C
Scotland v Israel, Hungary or Romania
Norway v Serbia

Path D
Georgia v Belarus
North Macedonia v Kosovo

One legged semi's, one legged finals, four Path winner qualify........I think!

actually think the midfield has good balance, playing Jack has allowed mcginn to play much further forward which works well
We have f,uck all up front so need to really on McGinn from deep , a wee stab in the heart to every mentally challenged , every time he scores , superb :D

Reactions: GF7
Back