Match Thread Scotland v Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most Rangers fans are a little like me, with Rangers my scale of emotions ranges from 100% when we win to minus 100% when we lose
For Scotland I’m maybe up at 20% when we win and minus 5% when we lose

Great result last night but you kinda know Georgia will beat us at Hampden

On a serious note, plenty of gers fans there tonight, plenty with gers leanings on the park and not a boo to be heard. Time to get back on board with the national team for most it seems.

That ship sailed long ago for me, by the 98 WC I had lost interest in the National team.

I listened on the radio, best part was hearing that sheepshagger McLeod lamenting about our late win at Pittodrie :))

Well done Scotland though, a fantastic result, can't stand Clarke but some result for him, credit all round.

That ship sailed long ago for me, by the 98 WC I had lost interest in the National team.

I listened on the radio, best part was hearing that sheepshagger McLeod lamenting about our late win at Pittodrie :))

Well done Scotland though, a fantastic result all round, can't stand Clarke either but some result for him, credit all round.
Fair enough mate. I do think with Hampden being a sell out each game its a clear representation that more of our fans are back watching. More younger ones will be attracted to go too now we have a good team etc.

As i said, for me, its time we claim back the National team. Understand others aren’t fussed but I love going to the games. Especially last night.

All the credit due for a wonderful performance and sensational result.

The players put in a double shift, they took their chances when they fell and rode the luck well enough when need be.

Some people knock International Football and while it is being diluted via expansion, last night shows what amazing drama and excitement it can still produce.

It reminded me of how much I used to enjoy following the NT.

Against all the odds Scotland now have a superb chance of qualifying.

Fair enough mate. I do think with Hampden being a sell out each game its a clear representation that more of our fans are back watching. More younger ones will be attracted to go too now we have a good team etc.

As i said, for me, its time we claim back the National team. Understand others aren’t fussed but I love going to the games. Especially last night.

Its a shame really, my stepson, son in law and Grandson are all Celtic fans and it would be a good chance to enjoy a match with them all, I'm totally apathetic to it, my mood wouldn't have changed if Scotland had lost that game, my loss.

Unbelievable result and was left with egg on my face as I didn’t see anything but a negative result coming.
Spain were like watching us at times over the last few years, cross after cross and no end product. I can only think of one save Gunn had to make regardless of the possession stats.

Really?is that the best you’ve got ffs lol. True though weegie boy. Rangers wouldn’t be beat as big without the rest of us you should remember that.
I'll try remember that whilst trying to decipher the babbles of 'that' accent of the woman a few rows behind at Ibrox, as normally I just wonder why she is there and not at East End Park... ;) :))

Fantastic result for Scotland.

Take nothing away from Scotland, tactics spot on and Spain just couldn't break down the low block but genuinely thought Spain were rotten.

Now, who stuck a tenner on Scotland to be top after 2 games, scoring 5 and conceding none, and that McTominay would be top scorer at this stage?

Quite surprised that Scotland managed to put one over Spain. Didn’t see that coming. Goes to show that with limited resources it’s more to do with ’belief’ and getting the team in a mind frame that it is possible to get a result. And although I don’t like to admit it, Clarke has managed that last night. One very good result doesn’t mean he’s got it made, as we were let down not so long ago against the Czechs and Croatia. But let’s accept that Scotland pulled off a remarkable win when least expected. For those in our support who are Scotland fans: enjoy.

I'll try remember that whilst trying to decipher the babbles of 'that' accent of the woman a few rows behind at Ibrox, as normally I just wonder why she is there and not at East End Park... ;) :))
You’ve got a hard neck the weegie accent from is a woman up there with the scousers ffs.

You telling us Scotland might not win the Euros and will lose a few games where they are expected to win? Any more exclusives?
I’m telling you that what goes around comes around it’s what football fans do all the time. Doesn’t matter who you support but you know this already you’re just trying to be a smart arse.

Great result tho it was a hard watch at times.
I'm proud to be Scottish even tho its unstaunch on here and no I don't vote SNP.

Stopped at a burger van on the way in to work.
Funny how when discussing the game, everyone in attendance agreed that Scotland will still manage to phuk this up and not qualify in top two.

years and years of failure and doom has certainly scarred a generation or 2.

Stopped at a burger van on the way in to work.
Funny how when discussing the game, everyone in attendance agreed that Scotland will still manage to phuk this up and not qualify in top two.

years and years of failure and doom has certainly scarred a generation or 2.
It's not a new thing. Our best era ever for quality players was the 60s, and we routinely failed to qualify.

They won the World Cup in 2010 and the euros in 2012
With more or less the same squad they had in 2008?

My point, generally, is that the squad who faced Scotland last night is nowhere near the same team they had 10 or so years ago.

“A dominant Scotland performance”, I’ve heard a few say. Please. It was a gritty performance against, no longer, an elite side on the evidence of last night.

Clarke is doing an incredible job with a very limited squad. Well deserved win tonight, could have won by more
Nonsense comment when you consider the league(s) a lot of our players in and the struggle we have faced, at times, against far weaker opposition.

Really good result last night, but it’s not an elite side. Italy/Holland results far greater in more recentish past

Great result tho it was a hard watch at times.
I'm proud to be Scottish even tho its unstaunch on here and no I don't vote SNP.
There is absolutely nothing unstaunch about supporting your national team as well as your club mate, no matter what some might want to bleat about.

Strangely I dont even think it was that tough a watch, despite being nervous at the game, we were in total control of the situation looking back on it.

Fantastic result for Scotland.

Take nothing away from Scotland, tactics spot on and Spain just couldn't break down the low block but genuinely thought Spain were rotten.

Now, who stuck a tenner on Scotland to be top after 2 games, scoring 5 and conceding none, and that McTominay would be top scorer at this stage?
Yeah it was a bit of both, Scotland played really well and forced a lot of errors from Spain, so a lot of credit due.

But Spain also had a lot of unforced errors, bad passes and giving the ball away.

But even unforced errors can often be due to teammates being well marked, the guy on the ball being knackered, or losing hope, so, full credit, an astonishing result tbh.

Not any more.

The tip tap side to side rubbish has been found out.

I doubt people are even all that surprised Scotland won on last nights game we have better players.

I mean, as much as our current crop is really strong, that's just nonsense, isn't it?

Wonder if Big Josh could force his way into the Spain side? Might be an upgrade on Joselu tbf.

See every group we are in we talk about how tough it will be how every side is powerful, if you look at it now and its easy to say when Scotland won, but this is a terrific group.

Spain side thats gone now, Norway one good player thats it, 2 garbage nations.

All credit to the players and the manager but if we qualify il be saying so we should.

See every group we are in we talk about how tough it will be how every side is powerful, if you look at it now and its easy to say when Scotland won, but this is a terrific group.

Spain side thats gone now, Norway one good player thats it, 2 garbage nations.

All credit to the players and the manager but if we qualify il be saying so we should.
I'd agree with that to a certain extent. We are guilty of giving average sides far too much respect.

I mean, as much as our current crop is really strong, that's just nonsense, isn't it?

Wonder if Big Josh could force his way into the Spain side? Might be an upgrade on Joselu tbf.
Dykes could he would be a first pick they couldnt handle him.

It does not make you a football expert because you get excited over every foreign mob Rangers or Scotland play. Spain were terrible and they knew it thats why they started on the ref right away.

• Spain suffered their first defeat in a Euro qualifying match since October 2014 (1-2 v Slovakia), having won 17 of their last 19 such fixtures (D2) and never conceding more than once in a game in this run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back