Scotland v USSR 1982 World Cup - BBC Scotland (7.15pm)

IM BLUE

Official Ticketer
If anyone wants to re-live some memories from the 1982 World Cup tonight BBC Scotland (channel 108 on freeview) are showing the game at 7.15pm.

HandsomeHead

There is that absolute howler of a f**k up between Hansen and Miller (I think) that gifts the Russians a goal which you watch now and go, “Ah, there it is - Scotland finding a way to blow it as only they can.”

Blueranger45

they are showing Scotland 2-1 Sweden from Italia 90 next Friday night, but that's balanced out with scum "legend" Tom Boyd's favourite game against Brazil in 1998 on Saturday

I wonder if the Costa Rica game counts as a "classic"? :D

RMHBear

“And here comes Shengalia to knock Scotland out of the World Cup”

Still remember that line all these years later.

Apparently later that night Hansen was dancing on tables in a local boozer much to the disgust of Miller

tony_gunk

I was at the costa del sol in 2012. I mind wondering what it must have been like during the spain 82 world when 20,000 scots decended on it long before the tartan trannie days.

Must have been a great time apart from how it ended of course.

tony_gunk

Apparently later that night Hansen was dancing on tables in a local boozer much to the disgust of Miller
Miller said in an interview he couldnt strike up a partnership with hansen. They just didnt click.

As becomes clear towards the end of the game.

toobl

Loved that World Cup. I was 11 then and loved everything about the Brazil team apart from the big striker Serginho who was a donkey. Wish they had shown Scotland Brazil, Eder’s goal was brilliant

bloo1872

I was 7 when watching this and couldn't understand why my Da was so upset when Souness scored, "ah you've just made it fckn worse", I was bewildered at the time :D

He was right.

jprfc

Loved that World Cup. I was 11 then and loved everything about the Brazil team apart from the big striker Serginho who was a donkey. Wish they had shown Scotland Brazil, Eder’s goal was brilliant
As a lad i loved that Brazil side, was gutted when Italy put them out

jprfc

Can't imagine Hansen dancing on tables in a boozer , in fact i can't imagine him in a boozer :)

Warren Hill

That was a great side. I reckon about 6 - 8 of that starting line up played in European club finals give or take a few years around 1982.