Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

They were still trying to get the game moved away from Hampden last week. It shows they don't want to be here
Bottom line for me is that Slavia deservedly beat a Rangers team who are better than Scotland.
If the Czech team are full of Slavia players, that makes them favourites, although home advantage makes it much harder to call.

I think Scotland have to be clinical when a chance arises as they won't create many, and hope the Czechs don't play at their best.

Heart says a backs to the wall 1-0 win for Scotland, head says 2-0 Czechs.

Mcgregor, Christie and O Donnell will start.

If they do, Scotland will get beat 2-0.
Christie won't start and after seeing the impact gilmour had in his short spell against Luxembourg I'd be amazed if he didn't start. O donnell will start.

Scotland middle to front actually aren't bad and in games where we have attacked we have looked dangerous.

Against Austria we were poor brought on another forward and were the better team. Against Luxembourg we should have had 5 or 6, ok they had a man sent off early but we still created those chances.

If we go 2 up in adams and dykes/Nisbet we will win today

Scotland should win as The Czechs are bang average. Historically these are the kind of games Scotland f*ck up in though (when they're actually expected to get a decent result).

Starting line up will tell us a lot about Clarkes mentality.

Starts gilmour and Patterson and he's serious about going and creating chances to win the game. Leaves them on the bench and it's the age old 'try and nick it with a late winner' mentality that's held us back for years.

When you realise your appetite for international football might not be the highest and inadvertently book a filling replacement at the same time as kick off :D

oops.

hope Patterson gets a start

If Clarke isn't ultra cautious and plays Patterson and Gilmour then I can see Scotland win , hoping we at least get a draw and a decent performance.

I was at Villa Park in 1996 and Bordeaux and St Etienne in 1998

I remember defiantly singing about going to Belgium /Holland for the 2000 Euros whilst still in the stadium after being schooled 3-0 by Morocco.

I never imagined it would be 23 years until the next major tournament.

And I never thought I would feel the way I now feel about my national team.

Although I feel some sort of obligation to watch the game.

What’s everyone fancying, massive game with best of third places also going through. I’ll go 2-1 Scotland.

I’d go with this 11:
Marshall
Patterson Hanley Cooper Tierney Robertson
McGinn McTominay Armstrong
Adams Dykes
Stuck £70 profits on Scotland to score over 1.5 goals at 2/1 with paddy's.

All about Clarke.

O’Donnell, McGregor and Christie don’t deserve to start, but I’m 99% sure they will.

I'd go the same team but with Gilmour for Armstrong. Clarke will go with McGregor, Hanley and O'Donnell though. Probably need to win to have a chance but I reckon 1-1.
Will be interesting. Will both sides see it as a must win and go all guns blazing in a nice open game. Or will they both see it as a must not lose in a cagey affair...

Horrible feeling that the Czechs will sneak a 1-0 or a 2-1.
Still absolutely buzzing for this, last time we were at a tournament I was 7 so this is my first tournament game.

Come in Scotland!

2 0 to the Czechs
Serious question, what's this opinion based on? They're no great shakes and we've beat them the last 2 times we've played them. We also have home advantage. Is this a genuine opinion or do you just hate Scotland?

Struggling to get up for this and i thought qualifying for a tournament might change that. I hope Scotland do well but if O'Donnell is named ahead of Patterson i'm sure the contempt will roll in even more. This is the most winnable game of the group, if Clarke commits to the likes of O'Donnell and Christie when they are either pish or completely out of form then i can't see how Scotland will get more than a point or two from the group.

Marshall
McGinn McTominay Gilmour
Adams Dykes

That would be the team for me, enjoying Super Ally discussing it this morning on talksport. Certainly blowing away the 'anyone but England' crowds accusations that Scotland are never discussed!

The above, attacking team - 2-0 Scotland, however I'm more than expecting Clarke to put out an unambitious squad with either Mcgregor/Christie in the middle and O'donnell right back and the second that I see a teamsheet similar to that I'll switch to 1-1.

Hoping at least 1 of Patterson or Gilmour start, wouldn't be against Armstrong in the middle with McTominay and McGinn.
Playing off Adams and Dykes.

Fear Clarke will set up playing for a point and get sucker punched.

What a stupid KO time ffs. Dont suppose I’ll miss much any way. Viewing numbers will surely be shocking with most folk at work.

That makes me feel really old!

First game I remember watching Scotland was when Ally broke his leg in Portugal.

Probably make plenty others feel old now!
First Scotland match I remember was the France 1-0 Caldwell, but at that point I had read about the Kirin cup victory.

What a stupid KO time ffs. Dont suppose I’ll miss much any way. Viewing numbers will surely be shocking with most folk at work.
Think you'll find self reported covid numbers will go through the roof today with many miraculous recoveries by tomorrow morning. Same again on Friday.

I actually think Scotland will come out strong and give it large. But after that they'll shit the bed and scrape through.

Or then again, they could go in reverse order.

Either way its good to see the bears in the street with their flags out.

What’s everyone fancying, massive game with best of third places also going through. I’ll go 2-1 Scotland.

I’d go with this 11:
Marshall
McGinn McTominay Armstrong
Adams Dykes
I would agree, but McGregor and Forrest will be shoehorned in, I’m not going to get my hopes up for a win, I’ve been let down by “glorious failure” too many times

I’m buzzing for this, the World Cup and Euros are quality and having Scotland involved in it just makes it better.

Hopefully that nation of racist sympathisers get a doing later today.

Marshall
McGinn McTominay Gilmour
Adams Dykes

That would be the team for me, enjoying Super Ally discussing it this morning on talksport. Certainly blowing away the 'anyone but England' crowds accusations that Scotland are never discussed!

The above, attacking team - 2-0 Scotland, however I'm more than expecting Clarke to put out an unambitious squad with either Mcgregor/Christie in the middle and O'donnell right back and the second that I see a teamsheet similar to that I'll switch to 1-1.

Agree with this team selection but I'd be very surprised if its what Clark goes for.

Why? Some of us need to work to get paid! Taking a day off to watch Scotland is a bit, well…
What a lot of shite. My mate's are either off or talking a half day and meeting at a pub.

I'm working because I was late to book any time off and they can't let too many people off at once.

Come on Scotland!!

2-0

Back