Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

Made the mistake of going on to the FF Facebook page and some are complaining shock horror that Rangers have put out a good luck message to scotland and our two lads in the squad.

The big thing for the first two games in any tournament is to keep it tight at the back, two draws would be a phenomenal start.

If you sneak a win, that's just gravy...but essentially you font gift three points to your opponent and make the third game essentially a knockout.

I'll settle for 0-0.

Perfect day for Scotland not too warm.

Get fired into them from the first whistle.

Dykes plays, the balls forward quickly and im confident we win.

The big thing for the first two games in any tournament is to keep it tight at the back, two draws would be a phenomenal start.

If you sneak a win, that's just gravy...but essentially you font gift three points to your opponent and make the third game essentially a knockout.

I'll settle for 0-0.
I couldnt disagree more the first 15 mins are vital for Scotland, we need to put them under pressure test the keeper and show no respect of fear cos they are foreign and can control a football.

0-0 is a bad result puts the team under pressure with a tough game against England to come.

Get it in the mixer, long balls, cross balls, let the big man batter their centre backs and play the game in the final 3rd.

Starting 11 will be close OP. Personally I'd include Gilmour and leave out Adams with Armstrong/McGinn supporting Dykes. Not convinced Clarke will start Patterson and Gilmour but really hope he does. C'mon Scotland, 2-1.
You would leave out our best striker and biggest goal threat? Madness!!

2-0 Scotland.

I’m buzzing to get finished work and into the pub. I’m not normally a big fan of international football but I’ve got caught up in the buzz for today. Going to the pub with a Jambo, a Hibbee, a Tim and a Livingston fan which should be fun :D

Too many people pull a random score out their head (ruled by their heart). Czech football is a decent level, On studying both squads and previous competitive results I'll predict a 0-0 or 1-1. A draw for sure.

Excited for this. Got another Scot, an Aussie and 2 English guys ( one lives in Orkney ) watching this tonight at 9. Football you say …. 2-0 to Scotland.

Just been speaking with a St Johnstone fan who reckons O'Donnell should start at RB because he played in the qualifiers.

It's that kind of sentimentality & just happy to be there mentality that holds Scotland back. Play your best players, which is Patterson at RB.

Too many people pull a random score out their head (ruled by their heart). Czech football is a decent level, On studying both squads and previous competitive results I'll predict a 0-0 or 1-1. A draw for sure.
Plausible, Scotland have beaten them twice in the past year though (albeit one was against a weaker side, flip-side is Scotland also fielded a weaker team).

Therefore a win isn’t impossible, I think Czech’s will give Croatia a game because like you said it is a decent standard but I’m confident of beating them today.

If he starts Patterson and Gilmour it’ll show some intent that he wants us to go for more. If he starts McGregor and O'Donnell then it shows he is just happy for us to be there.

I also wouldn’t mind Armstrong starting instead of Dykes with Adams right up top.

Come on Scotland, first time we’ve been at a major champs since i was 7 months old :D

I can actually remember leaving school in Primary whatever it was the day Scotland played Brazil in 98. We all made flags and were sent home early iirc. Today has that same buzz and although I have soured towards the association that runs the national team I will still support them.

Its OK and possible to be proud of your country and not a nationalist.

In fact, I'm rooting for all the home nations.

Good Luck Scotland

How many of the Slavia racists are likely to play?

If Scotland are to qualify, defeat today is unthinkable.
To be honest I can’t see a draw today being much use either.

I’d imagine we’ll lose to England at Wembley. Even if we got a draw with Croatia, a draw today would only leave us on 2 points - and I doubt that would be enough to see us qualify as one of the four best 3rd placed sides.

Win today allows us to play with freedom against England, knowing we still have the Croatia game to get us up to 4 points which would almost certainly see us reach the knockout phase.

I'll settle for 0-0.
We’d genuinely be better off with a win and a loss, than two draws.

Marshall
Patterson - Cooper - Tierney - Robertson
Gilmour - McTominay - McGinn
Armstrong - Adams - Fraser
I'd go with this as my line up. Would want a Beale-esque masterclass, with Armstrong and Fraser playing as two #10s like we do with Kent and Aribo/Hagi/Arfield/Roofe.

To be honest I can’t see a draw today being much use either.

I’d imagine we’ll lose to England at Wembley. Even if we got a draw with Croatia, a draw today would only leave us on 2 points - and I doubt that would be enough to see us qualify as one of the four best 3rd placed sides.

Win today allows us to play with freedom against England, knowing we still have the Croatia game to get us up to 4 points which would almost certainly see us reach the knockout phase.
I was really unimpressed with Croatia yesterday, wouldn't shock me if the Czechs beat them.

Expecting a low scoring game, 1 nil Scotland.

Really wasn't impressed with England or Croatia yesterday so a win today sets it up nicely.

Guaranteed to be a draw . We will then lose to England meaning a must win game against Croatia which we will draw so out on our backsides

The bosses at my place have been annoying us to start taking our holidays so there isn’t a backlog at the end of the year like last year so I’ve taken one today, it’s as good a reason as any in the current circumstances of actually going away anywhere being difficult.

2-1 Scotland, won’t be easy but we are at home and have a decent recent record against them.

The bosses at my place have been annoying us to start taking our holidays so there isn’t a backlog at the end of the year like last year so I’ve taken one today, it’s as good a reason as any in the current circumstances of actually going away anywhere being difficult.

2-1 Scotland, won’t be easy but we are at home and have a decent recent record against them.

My boss messaged last night "I'm surprised I've not received your holiday request - Scotland are playing tomorrow."

Busted. B-)

Got to hope either Gilmour or Patterson start (if not both).
Given that they are clearly 2 of our biggest prospects who have excited on the big stages this year.

Made the mistake of going on to the FF Facebook page and some are complaining shock horror that Rangers have put out a good luck message to scotland and our two lads in the squad.
Nothing wrong with that.
Patterson should start ahead of O'Donnell but no doubt Clarke wont agree with that

2-1 Scotland. Couldn’t get a holiday for this, but at least working from home means I can watch the match. Conveniently managed to arrange my lunch for kick off time. B-D

Hoping Patterson and McLoughlin play, and if they do, that they are the best players on the park. Otherwise not fussed, just looking for an entertaining game.

Will be amazed if Patterson starts.

I simply cannot see it.

He should as O'Donnell is genuinely rank rotten. Gilmour, is a bigger shout because we actually have good and experienced players in his position who play at a good level.

There's zero risk or downside to flinging Patterson in over O'Donnell though.

I’m in a group chat with a few Motherwell fans and even they don’t like O’Donnell.

Not sure what Clarke sees in him.

Latest posts

Back