Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

Interview with Pattersons mum and da there. His da says “I hope he gets on”.

Looks like its O’Donnell.

I am absolutely fucking buzzing. Just boarded the train to head in to the pubs.
dont think Patterson will start unfortunately, I think he will go “safety” at that side due to us being heavily reliant on attacking down the left.

have been watching sky sports news all morning and having Ryan Jack on there has made me so gutted for him. He was a nailed on starter and I do fear we will miss him as none of the other midfielders are quite like him.
Gilmour for me is a must starter, an absolute must.

confident of a 2-1 win here.

Come on

I truly hope I am wrong but I have been here before regarding Scotland and think we will draw against the Czech’s, have a “heroic”defeat against England and play well against Croatia and lose.

As I said, I have seen this movie before

Not a fan of international football and haven’t been to a Scotland game since 79 at Wembley, but I hope my predictions are wide of the mark and Scotland win through to the next phase

I think the team will be

Marshall

O’Donnell
Cooper
Hanley
Tierney
Robertson

Mctominay
Gilmour
Mcginn

Dykes
Adams

2-1 Scotland

I truly hope I am wrong but I have been here before regarding Scotland and think we will draw against the Czech’s, have a “heroic”defeat against England and play well against Croatia and lose.

As I said, I have seen this movie before

Not a fan of international football and haven’t been to a Scotland game since 79 at Wembley, but I hope my predictions are wide of the mark and Scotland win through to the next phase
I'm 68 and I have saw the movie many many times...1974 was heartbreaking we should have hammered Zaire 5/6 nil, if it wasn't for Bremner playing safely after going 2 up..Zaire were rank rotten

I am absolutely fucking buzzing. Just boarded the train to head in to the pubs.
dont think Patterson will start unfortunately, I think he will go “safety” at that side due to us being heavily reliant on attacking down the left.

have been watching sky sports news all morning and having Ryan Jack on there has made me so gutted for him. He was a nailed on starter and I do fear we will miss him as none of the other midfielders are quite like him.
Gilmour for me is a must starter, an absolute must.

confident of a 2-1 win here.

Come on

I think we need to be balanced and go attacking down the right. No point one side being so advanced but the other side inviting pressure.

200860884_10158726262128241_295385279548233766_n.jpg

Scotland will never have a better chance of qualifying from a group than this.

They need to get a win today and only need a point from their next 2 games.

No doubt we will make a mess of it and get beat today and Friday before beating the Croats and still going out

Only saw Scotland win twice at an international tournament. One of them was against a country that no longer exists and the other was 25 years ago.

I just can't see him starting Patterson. Yes, the boys a prospect but no manager will pitch in a 19yr old with a handful of first team games under his belt in the first game of the euros. He may surprise everyone but I doubt it.

Both Patterson and Gilmour should start, but won't. The lack of bravery in selection has held us (and England) back for decades. Rioch & Masson being chosen ahead of Gemmill and Souness in Argentina is a prime example.
Play players in form, players that can give you an added edge.

Clarke should start Gilmour before MacGregor. I doubt he will give Patterson the nod ahead of O'Donnell.

Hard to imagine him starting Patterson over that hammer thrower. It's not just Clarke guilty of this, the safety first approach has always been the same with Scotland. I'd love to be wrong but I doubt it.

Hard to imagine him starting Patterson over that hammer thrower. It's not just Clarke guilty of this, the safety first approach has always been the same with Scotland. I'd love to be wrong but I doubt it.
Agree. All other progressive countries play their young players when they are good enough. Not us though. Safety first

Scotland will never have a better chance of qualifying from a group than this.

They need to get a win today and only need a point from their next 2 games.

No doubt we will make a mess of it and get beat today and Friday before beating the Croats and still going out
Nah, the ultimate Scotland move is to win today and then fail to get the point in the remaining two games and then go out by "goals scored" to a team that's drawn three games.

I'd like to see them get through, but they need to make the most of the home advantage by getting the 4 points they need in the home games and see the game against us at Wembley as a bonus, rather than the be-all and end-all of their qualification to the KO's.

I don't think the Scotland management and squad has the capability or the mentality to do that, though.

I just can't see him starting Patterson. Yes, the boys a prospect but no manager will pitch in a 19yr old with a handful of first team games under his belt in the first game of the euros. He may surprise everyone but I doubt it.
England have
Owen , Rooney , Bellingham

Just realised Colin Hendry has been on talksport for the last 10 minutes, good hearing the big mans voice.

Clarkes no got the balls to start gilmour and will go for a more experienced player can put money on it, hoping im wrong tho!

Anyone know if we'll be stuck with that wet fanny Liam McLeod on comms or if we'll get a decent match of the day commentator?

Back