Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

How in the name of the wee man does Callum McGregor get a start over a CL winner? Ridiculous, he's been garbage all season even the tims say so

I'm not defending McGregor and Gilmour is developing in to a great player, but he made 2 appearances for Chelsea in last season's Champions League. He hardly played a vital role in the run.

No Patterson, Tierney, Gilmour, Fraser or Adams.

I'd have played all 5 of them, although Tierney must be injured again.

I'm not defending McGregor and Gilmour is developing in to a great player, but he made 2 appearances for Chelsea in last season's Champions League. He hardly played a vital role in the run.
I was going to post the same, I really dislike the “he’s got X medal” or “scored in Y” game.

If Tierney is out we really can only rely on Robertson to provide any width and get forward in that starting line up, again Patterson should be in on the other side

is there any creativity in that team?

there is on the bench but Christie isn't going to create chances, looks like Scotland are hoping for Dykes to get a jammy header or something from a setpiece

I am absolutely fucking buzzing. Just boarded the train to head in to the pubs.
dont think Patterson will start unfortunately, I think he will go “safety” at that side due to us being heavily reliant on attacking down the left.

have been watching sky sports news all morning and having Ryan Jack on there has made me so gutted for him. He was a nailed on starter and I do fear we will miss him as none of the other midfielders are quite like him.
Gilmour for me is a must starter, an absolute must.

confident of a 2-1 win here.

Come on
You'll not be buzzing when you see that atrocious team from Clarke most of his pals are playing though

What kind of team is that? 3-5-1-1? That big diddy Dykes up front on his own. The alky has shat the bed already. Christie in to dive a lot and lash in shots from ridiculous angles and distances which sail miles over the bar. Tierney injured I presume.

If Tierney is out we really can only rely on Robertson to provide any width and get forward in that starting line up, again Patterson should be in on the other side
Clarke's best tactic for us is Robertson to run get as fast and as far up the park as he can, hopefully winning a shy 40 yards further up. Need Che or McGinn to conjure up a worldy here

Christie will have his usual 10 shots from stupid angles/distances.

He must be some trainer btw.

Hasn’t strung together a decent 90 minutes in about 18 months.

What kind of team is that? 3-5-1-1? That big diddy Dykes up front on his own. The alky has shat the bed already. Christie in to dive a lot and lash in shots from ridiculous angles and distances which sail miles over the bar. Tierney injured I presume.
3-5-2, Christie will roam about Dykes like he has several times for Scotland.

Including a 2-1 against today’s opponents.

Even if Paterson or Gilmour don’t start I fancy they will be used as substitutes, just as important.

They might not be first starts today but as the tournament progresses they will get their chance.

The infectiousness of youth will be very important.
Patterson will be a great impact sub whether we are attacking or defending

I'm not really one to lose the nut about team selections but I'm proper gutted at that. With Tierney out, you'd think Patterson would come in on the other side to give us some more width. And not to play Adams? Absurd.

Back