Scotland will face Israel in the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final

aghalee_hero

Official Ticketer
Why is there talk of a match of ours being moved if the fixtures are Thursday and Tuesday during an international weekend?

Bluebrox

It's a farce that teams like Scotland are getting a chance to qualify through this route.

But Scotland will get pumped by Serbia or Norway anyway.

Bluebrox

What about teams like Northern Ireland? Is it also a farce for them?
Scotland are only getting a crack at this because they topped a group of Israel and Albania. How can that be grounds for getting close to qualifying for a major tournament?

I don't know NI's situation in that respect but if it is along similar lines then it is also a farce.

Rewarding failure is never good.

Rt. Hon. Bearman

Scotland are only getting a crack at this because they topped a group of Israel and Albania. How can that be grounds for getting close to qualifying for a major tournament?

I don't know NI's situation in that respect but if it is along similar lines then it is also a farce.

Rewarding failure is never good.
UEFA expanded it to twenty four teams. Those places need filled.

If Scotland get through the play offs then they'll have earned their place.

Rt. Hon. Bearman

NI at least put up a fight against the Germans and Dutch.

Scotland were out of the group from matchday one and getting pumped in Kazakhstan
They'd already earned their playoff place under the rules.

True, they didn't cover themselves in glory in the qualifying group, but the point still stands.

Bluebrox

UEFA expanded it to twenty four teams. Those places need filled.

If Scotland get through the play offs then they'll have earned their place.
The problem is the 24 teams. It totally dilutes the quality.

Beating Albania and Israel twice in two separate instances and maybe nicking a win over Norway is hardly grounds for being included in a major continental football tournament.

But Uefa are to blame for this.

Clicker

Can see us beating Israel at Hampden. Best hope for the Final is Norway, they’re more of a “British” style team than Serbia.

I’m saying “us” because you can’t choose your country, unlike your club. I know the tartan army are by and large a bunch of fannies, and the SFA are a bunch of corrupt fannies, but I was born in this beautiful wee country and I would feel daft supporting Venezuela or Chad.