Scotland's Shame

Wanderingbear

I take no pleasure from seeing ANY club suffer from the impact of this horrific virus. Aberdeen’s most recent statement hit a raw nerve for me. As much as I want to see them suffer on the field, Scotland needs healthy clubs for a healthy sport.

We have an opportunity to do something NOW before players lose jobs and clubs go out of business. Void the season and split the money across all teams to help them get through this and plan for what's next. Only one club in Scotland is stopping that rational decision.

It's utterly unconvincing that any sponsor would use this pandemic and massive loss of lives to take legal action over such a reasonable, rational, health-conscious decision during desperate times. If so, they will damage their own brand more than anything. If they don’t, they put businesses at risk - ironically the very businesses they need to have effective sponsorship, if they force it to a finish it may even put lives at risk.

To the despicable 4 of Lennon, Brown, Lawell and Hartson; wake up and grow up. It’s an absolute disgrace that you think it’s OK to even discuss being awarded a title as people die in their thousands every day (take a leaf from Klopps book). Do the right thing - use your media power to lobby the sponsors to help instead of using them as reasons to allow you to wangle a league and all that cash for yourselves that you haven’t deservedly won. Just so you can get 9iar? Aye very good. It’s a game of football, a sport which is supposed to be played on a level field. Now thousands are dying and you are out there using the media for your own self-serving purposes. You disgust me. You should all be utterly, utterly ashamed of yourselves.

It annoys me people wishing this that and the next club to go out of business they may have kicked us when we were down but we still need decent teams to play against or the lack of quality will show when we play in Europe.

Game has been run for the benefit of one club for years. You can see that as their mhedia lackies campaign for the most tainted title in football history while other clubs are fighting for survival.

The irony that many of those now worst affected financially were the ones that jumped into bed with them in 2012 while we were being raped is not lost however.

The sight of them screeching to be awarded the title on the same day as Klopp’s dignified statement said it all.

When there’s a time for class and a bit of dignity, you can be sure the good folks at Celtic will let themselves down.

They are Scotland’s shame and always have been.
And in generations to come, it shall remain ever thus

We need a competitive league and need the bigger teams to survive otherwise we damage ourselves.

They tried to
It annoys me people wishing this that and the next club to go out of business they may have kicked us when we were down but we still need decent teams to play against or the lack of quality will show when we play in Europe.
They tried to kill our club and claim to have done so. They are just as much scum as the paedo harbourers that pushed for us to die. Not one %^*& will be given if they go bust from this person.

If brands like Wetherspoons and Virgin Atlantic can just sack people and not pay them, I’m sure Ladbrokes and William Hill won’t give a shiny shite about asking for money back.

Void the season and split the money across all teams to help them get through this and plan for what's next.

Nobody has yet been able to explain to me the difference it makes for TV companies, advertising, sponsors etc between this scenario and cancelling the league but awarding titles etc based upon current league positions. It's the same number of games played in both cases.

Splitting the money evenly across all clubs would be a vote-winner among the majority of clubs - those who need it most. Plus of course, sporting integrity is maintained.

%^*& the Sheepshaggers, Dundee Hibs, Hibs and that lot. Many people on here have short memories the 4 of them collectively kicked us out of football in 2012. If any of them go the wall I fully expect the same sanctions that happened to us. Scottish Football only care about one club and we all know who.

Kicked us when we where down?
Understatement of the year
They pushed the fuckin knife in and twisted it.
What the fcuk is wrong with these bears who are queuing up with their lets save Scottish football pish, knowing full well that Scottish football was destroyed in 2012 by a concerted effort to kill off its biggest and most successful club.
Not one single fcuk given about any of the them from this bear.

Look, we are dealing with clubs who tried to put us out of existence, finished, never to return.

It didnt work, so they chose to ramp up the hatred.

They are bitter, twisted and selfish. The mentally challengeds, the sheep, the lot of them.

Effigies of our fans hung from rafters of their stadiums. Fans attacked at cup finals and various items thrown at our players.

But yet still some folk on here have got some kind of Stockholm syndrome view of the loving Scottish football family all backing each other up.

F,uck. Right. Off.

What the fcuk is wrong with these bears who are queuing up with their lets save Scottish football pish, knowing full well that Scottish football was destroyed in 2012 by a concerted effort to kill off its biggest and most successful club.

This in absolute spades.

if this keeps going league 2 next season will be very interesting with hearts aberdeen raith rovers falkirk and dunfermline all in it

I keep reading that on here but who are these "decent teams" in the SPFL that our games against have helped us in our great Euro run this season and to a lesser extent last season?

No matter how far these clubs fall, they'll always turn-up versus Rangers which shows
their hatred towards us.

So no sympathy for Dolly and Co

Look, we are dealing with clubs who tried to put us out of existence, finished, never to return.

They are bitter, twisted and selfish. The mentally challengeds, the sheep, the lot of them.

Effigies of our fans hung from rafters of their stadiums. Fans attacked at cup finals and various items thrown at our players.

But yet still some folk on here have got some kind of Stockholm syndrome view of the loving Scottish football family all backing each other up.

F,uck. Right. Off.
Not sure if you are referring to me to f off but either way, whilst i respect anyones views, I simply want a league to play in and preferably a strong one. I have my own thoughts on how individuals who run certain teams and certain teams supporters have behaved, but 100% of my focus is seeing us the best team in Scotland and a very good team in Europe.

But that was not the intended focus, nor the point. It's frustration that the medias focus is on one team being unfairly awarded a league title and that team, quite disgracefully, using poor excuses and soapboxes to achieve this whilst people die and clubs potentially go bust.

What I wrote is just an opinion and, IMO, the right, fair and safest outcome. Void league with prize money split to help clubs cope and players pay their bills, look after their families and stay healthy i.e. without putting supporters or players at risk by playing any games until this is all over.

If nothing else use it to wind up those who pander to that nonsense.

We have an opportunity to do something NOW before players lose jobs and clubs go out of business. Void the season and split the money across all teams to help them get through this and plan for what's next. Only one club in Scotland is stopping that rational decision.

I would be stunned if any of the clubs in the top division agreed to that. It would mean giving up fortunes, in Rangers' case the best part of £1.8m (based on 2nd place money)

It would also mean bottom clubs getting c£600k when they would normally get about a tenth of that.

It would set the bottom clubs up for years, but help kill the clubs at the top even quicker.

Is it just going to be us and the mhanky mob left ? we need strong opposition in order to improve.
There is no strong opposition,every season that we where working our way up the lower divisions,all of them rolled over and took it up the arse from the unwashed.
Sell out Saturdays we heard, we don't need them,let them die.
The only thing achieved was a one team league,with them winning every trophy available, European co efficient down the fuckin pan.
They even refuse to sell tickets to us and the vermin and lose thousands of pounds and we are supposed to care about them and their lack of forward thinking and shit business plans.
I will say it again, fcuk every last one of them, their treachery has came back to hunt them.

F,uck. Right. Off.
I was about to post until I seen this post that says it all. Those that feel sympathy, I ask you to cast your minds back and remember the pain and the tears.
They days broke my heart.
I also ask you to consider younger bears that don’t remember the good days. They have suffered and over the past few years seen absolute hatred towards us from other clubs and most of the media.
I will have absolutely no sympathy for any club that’s in the premier league that’s suffers through this. And of course Dundee hibs.
I want the days back where we destroy everything that’s in front of us and have no mercy.
I respect others opinions that differs from mine. This is my opinion though.
We’re Rangers. Fck the rest. We welcome the chase.

I would be stunned if any of the clubs in the top division agreed to that. It would mean giving up fortunes, in Rangers' case the best part of £1.8m (based on 2nd place money)

It would also mean bottom clubs getting c£600k when they would normally get about a tenth of that.

It would set the bottom clubs up for years, but help kill the clubs at the top even quicker.

That's a fair point - but I didn't say how to split it.

Could be by their wage bill, projected gate income or some other calculation that would allow the split to be as fair as possible, but ultimately this is what they would be thinking about rather than how to keep the season going or how to award the trophy to a team that hasn't won it

Spot on
I was about to post until I seen this post that says it all. Those that feel sympathy, I ask you to cast your minds back and remember the pain and the tears.
They days broke my heart.
I also ask you to consider younger bears that don’t remember the good days. They have suffered and over the past few years seen absolute hatred towards us from other clubs and most of the media.
I will have absolutely no sympathy for any club that’s in the premier league that’s suffers through this. And of course Dundee hibs.
I want the days back where we destroy everything that’s in front of us and have no mercy.
I respect others opinions that differs from mine. This is my opinion though.
We’re Rangers. Fck the rest. We welcome the chase.
Spot on mate.

That's a fair point - but I didn't say how to split it.

Could be by their wage bill, projected gate income or some other calculation that would allow the split to be as fair as possible, but ultimately this is what they would be thinking about rather than how to keep the season going or how to award the trophy to a team that hasn't won it

So if you have to come up with a system how do you justify anything other than current position. It is prize money after all, and there is a current league to base that on, albeit the league is not completed.

Why base it on "wage bill, projected gate income or some other calculation".

Why should someone with a higher wage bill get more money than a club which spent less on wages, but got to a higher league position.

I don't think I'm really getting your idea here, or how it is better than paying the prize money out as normal.

Oh and a team who has not won the league should not just be given it.

I find it hard to be sympathetic to the rest of Scottish football as the hypocrisy is truly staggering at times.

"Sporting integrity" is the buzzword when it suits the rest of Scottish football when not it's something they ignore.

- We've basically seen match fixing to deny Rangers of 2nd place twice now.
- Seen teams finish bottom and not be relegated.
- Seen the CEO of the SFA retweet a post about one of our players being murdered.
- 11 Scottish clubs have filled for administration only one has been fined for it.

Could go on and on with many more examples about the two-faced mentality when it comes to Rangers and the rest of Scottish football but would be here all day.

So if you have to come up with a system how do you justify anything other than current position. It is prize money after all, and there is a current league to base that on, albeit the league is not completed.

Why base it on "wage bill, projected gate income or some other calculation".

Why should someone with a higher wage bill get more money than a club which spent less on wages, but got to a higher league position?

I don't think I'm really getting your idea here, or how it is better than paying the prize money out as normal.

Oh and a team who has not won the league should not just be given it.

My point around money was more to suggest that it is distributed now rather than at the end of the season. Arguing the toss over who gets what was not the intention of the post.

Right now clubs don't know where they stand and have no end in sight, they are struggling to survive or plan for that matter. Sacking people, asking them to take pay cuts etc. So the sooner the decision is made - whatever that decision is, the sooner these clubs (ours included) can deal with the outcome.

Meanwhile, all the media lackeys and senior staff across the city care about is how to hand it to one team, which is my second and, to be honest, main point.

I take no pleasure from seeing ANY club suffer from the impact of this horrific virus. Aberdeen’s most recent statement hit a raw nerve for me. As much as I want to see them suffer on the field, Scotland needs healthy clubs for a healthy sport.

It's utterly unconvincing that any sponsor would use this pandemic and massive loss of lives to take legal action over such a reasonable, rational, health-conscious decision during desperate times. If so, they will damage their own brand more than anything. If they don’t, they put businesses at risk - ironically the very businesses they need to have effective sponsorship, if they force it to a finish it may even put lives at risk.

To the despicable 4 of Lennon, Brown, Lawell and Hartson; wake up and grow up. It’s an absolute disgrace that you think it’s OK to even discuss being awarded a title as people die in their thousands every day (take a leaf from Klopps book). Do the right thing - use your media power to lobby the sponsors to help instead of using them as reasons to allow you to wangle a league and all that cash for yourselves that you haven’t deservedly won. Just so you can get 9iar? Aye very good. It’s a game of football, a sport which is supposed to be played on a level field. Now thousands are dying and you are out there using the media for your own self-serving purposes. You disgust me. You should all be utterly, utterly ashamed of yourselves.
Cracking post

I'm not one who normally holds a grudge for long but you're bang on the money there.
There are limits to how far you can push a persons good nature before you say "fcuk you!"
As for most of the clubs in this wee backward of a country is concerned, I reached that opinion many years ago!

Very good post.

Scotland’s shame absolutely that mob are in a league of they’re own ...
The sympathy card , the victim card , the Juan guy card , it wissna us card , you name it that mob have a card for it.

And they don’t ever think twice to use it.

%^*& them...can't wait! Who ever they're replaced by will give them a better game than the sheep any way so the league will be stronger!!

If they c unts get awarded the title,we boycott all away grounds
end of.And our fan groups let them know now.
We know our support will be fragmented over this,what will be be will be.But let them f king know what’s round the corner.

Back