Scots football clubs could face massive £12m bill over child sex abuse claims

So nothing new that we didn’t know then.

A handful of cases relating to Neely via his time at Dundee Utd,Hibs and us,Dunn the scout who worked for numerous clubs and a sh!tload of cases relating to the Celtic peadophile ring and cover up.

It just shows you the extent of how deep and for how long the CFC/CBC ring was covered up that they’ve got more peadophile coaches connected to their club than there are claims against other clubs combined!:oops::(

An independent public enquiry is needed involving the whole of UK football and a separate one into Celtic football club is necessary too.

A club like no other.:eek:

The article says the allegations are against 2 men, a scout and a coach, ie Neely and Dunn.

The list isn't growing, the number of potential victims is.

We all know the Neely case, the Dunn is not as clear. If they abused on our watch then we need to do the right thing, irrespective of their deceit and the lack of information shared by previous employers. If we facilitated, condoned, financed and covered-up, then we have a major problem to investigate.
I know about Neely and Dunn but who are these other two that have appeared in this slanted article.

No i
I'm not but the screws said they have no record of Rangers reporting it, what's more concerning if the club did report it and the screws did nothing about a child being abused.

I don’t know if this is true but I did read one version of events that the boy’s dad, who was a copper, was told by the club first, and decided to deal with him privately.

Make no mistake about it, finding instances of child abuse at Rangers has become the Holy Grail for some of that lot and their pals in the media.

Yep, and these articles, wholly based on hearsay, have, as was intended, become talking points on fitba forums and other social media platforms, thereby achieving the aims of the real guilty ones of muddying the water and dispersing the blame

The depths of depravity has no bounds, the lengths that the protectors will go to is unbelievable. Clarity and transparency is required here(full public enquiry). The main perpetrators are still in denial, will go to any lengths to defend the good name of their club. Just take ownership of the scale of depravity that took place and deliver justice to the very many victims. A club like no other indeed.

Rangers should make it known that they intend to sue HIVs for deliberately offloading a coach to us when they knew he was a nonce, and had been acting as such while working at their club (one HIVs director admitted that on camera to Mark Daly during his BBC Scotland documentary).
Then award the amount sued for to any claimant.

They’re dying to tarnish us with this, aren’t they?

I’m sure only one club has went to significant effort to cover it up.

21 for celtic and 4 for rangers. Hardly a great bit of pr by mossad, sorry hollicom. Stop making them into something they're not.

Hardly spun their way out of the ch4 news report. We are aware of what's meant to have happened at rangers and if proved we should do the right thing. All clubs should push for an enquiry and let's have it all out in the open.

The rhebel is telling us stuff we already know, and the rhebel being the rhebel will always throw Rangers in a story when it comes to this issue.
I can tell you now that Hibs will not come out of this unscathed from what I’m being told when it comes to the SFA review.
Even when the previous Neely stories have been released you’ll have noticed the press always have Ibrox as the picture in the headline and not Hibs. It’s how the press work. They will always picture the bigger club.
Another figure I doubt but I could be wrong is 21. I honestly think it’s more. Lyness Malley for example only came along recently and is still ongoing.
Another issue the rhebel AGAIN fails to mention is the subsequent coverup by celtic and the individuals who knew.
Alex Thomson also isn’t finished yet when it comes to Celtic.
Let the SFA have their Mickey Mouse review and then get them along with individuals within the Scottish government and the police in front of an independent inquiry.

Last edited:
I hate hearsay,rumours and muck throwing,We should be front and centre demanding an independent investigation i honestly believe we have nothing to hide and the longer it goes on the more they will try to drag us into it muddying the water and diluting thier capability.

21 for celtic and 4 for rangers. Hardly a great bit of pr by mossad, sorry hollicom. Stop making them into something they're not.

Hardly spun their way out of the ch4 news report. We are aware of what's meant to have happened at rangers and if proved we should do the right thing. All clubs should push for an enquiry and let's have it all out in the open.

Exactly, every time I see the word Hollicom on here I cringe. I've no idea who/what people think they are.

Exactly, every time I see the word Hollicom on here I cringe. I've no idea who/what people think they are.
Completely agree. Some on here think Hollicom are even behind the coronavirus the way they go on.

I'm not but the screws said they have no record of Rangers reporting it, what's more concerning if the club did report it and the screws did nothing about a child being abused.
This is the bit the club needs to come out and be crystal clear on. They have stated that they reported the matter to police after sacking him and there is no reason for them to lie about this, the police it appears did nothing? You have to wonder why but given that it was the proverbial paedo party in the east end the cynic in me wonders if even the police were just ignoring it.

That is correct. The abuse in that case has also been reported as "verbal", and not in any way physical.
When the boy's father reported it to Rangers, the man was immediately dismissed, and Rangers reported the incident to the police.
The police say that they have no record of the matter being reported, they have never stated that it was not reported.
Thanks for this.
I’d forgotten the nuts and bolts of this one.

Their aim is to try and make it into a Scottish wide problem, and somehow manufacture all the cases together as one, if there's any undoing at Rangers then yes we should be liable and pay, but for christ sake, 21 complaints from one club, disgusting

“Now defunct” no the scum paid circa 50k to have the boys club change their name last year.

As for the cases against us I want this fully investigated by the club. Although the legally correct thing IS to refer to the liquidators I feel that has to be overlooked/overruled. The humane thing to do is at the very least offer the poor souls who have suffered this horrific abuse a heartfelt apology from the club and subsequent counselling and support, and if there has been a failure in our duty of care on Rangers part id want to see them compensated for the horrific events they’ve suffered that’ll have had a catastrophic impact on their lives.
I utterly disagree, firstly we are not The Scum who are doing everything they can to avoid compensating these men for having had to suffer terrible perversions done to them as children by sexual predators, perverts acting in the name of that club. We are not like them in any way; we were The Rangers then and we are The Rangers now. If, under company law we cannot compensate any kids assaulted on our watch, I am sure the support would crowdfund any comp. the court awarded. We have the consience and moral fibre they lack. Given the present financial situation it may take a bit of time, but I think the support will accrue the funds to to ease their lives. The counselling and support is a must.

I think he was.
According to the newspaper reports at the time,Sounness and The Chairman reported it to the father and met him at Ibrox, they told him they wanted it to be reported to the police. He said he would sort it out himself. Obviously as the father was aware of all the implications and he was the kid's legal guardian it was his call and the matter ended there as far as The Rangers were concerned.

We pay what we’re due no questions asked.

As far as I’m concerned that’s a ‘football debt’ and the victims need taking care of.

I couldn’t give a %^*& how it affects us on the park.

21 claims against them isn’t even close to what I think they’ll have mate. I’d bet on well over 100.

Liewells 2 year investigation, would concentrate on trying to bring our club into the equation!
Instead of bringing justice and answers to the devastated victims and their families!

Well, the investigation didn’t include meetings with the abused Walter. We know that.

21 claims against them isn’t even close to what I think they’ll have mate. I’d bet on well over 100.
If everyone came forward, could be more, but that wont happen and that's a decision for the victims themselves.

My point was more about hollicom and the aura they seem to have on here. Even someone who looks at that and has no knowledge of the story would see that celtic are the main offenders. They have more than the others put together.

If everyone came forward, could be more, but that wont happen and that's a decision for the victims themselves.

My point was more about hollicom and the aura they seem to have on here. Even someone who looks at that and has no knowledge of the story would see that celtic are the main offenders. They have more than the others put together.

Agree, and wasn’t being critical in any way Renfrew.

I may be wrong but I think the writers of this article have chosen their words cleverly & to support the east end mhob. I may be wrong but interpret that as an article done after speaking to one law firm.

An opportunity exists here for Rangers to lead the way in which victims of child abuse within Scottish football are dealt with.

Let's get it all out in the open. Reach out to the victims. Embrace them.

If we are culpable in any way then own responsibility for it. Tell them we're sorry.

Let us support them for all they've been through, in every way possible.

For their part, Celtic have done everything in their power to disown the abused players at CBC & Celtic FC. By going down the separate entity route they have left themselves with no ground in which to work. As a club they're in it up to their necks!

Their day of reckoning will soon be upon them.

Rangers should compensate the victims and then demand a full scale Independent Inquiry.

That is the proper way to deal with this. That is the way the Rangers I grew up loving would deal with it!

Last edited:
I utterly disagree, firstly we are not The Scum who are doing everything they can to avoid compensating these men for having had to suffer terrible perversions done to them as children by sexual predators, perverts acting in the name of that club. We are not like them in any way; we were The Rangers then and we are The Rangers now. If, under company law we cannot compensate any kids assaulted on our watch, I am sure the support would crowdfund any comp. the court awarded. We have the consience and moral fibre they lack. Given the present financial situation it may take a bit of time, but I think the support will accrue the funds to to ease their lives. The counselling and support is a must.

Not sure what part of what I said you disagree with?

I’ve said on paper the legal proceeding is to refer to the liquidator. But this isn’t a black and white on paper type affair. If there’s any failing on Rangers part I would want support, counselling and compo paid to all those affected. If there were to be a fans crowdfund effort I’d gladly contribute.

Scottish football clubs are facing decades of legal and court bills over abuse and alleged abuse against children – with some individual claims hitting the £1million mark.

The ***** ***** can reveal the total amount of compensation payouts could top £12million.

The claims cover 50 cases from just one legal firm, which described it as a “substantial financial reckoning”.

Actions are being raised against a string of clubs, some already facing financial difficulties as a result of the coronavirus emergency.

But sources close to victims have told the Record: “The lawyers are not going away. Justice has to be done.”

We can reveal that 21 of the cases are against celtic fc which claims it is a “separate entity” from its now-defunct boys’ club – where four paedophiles from the organisation have now been convicted.

Other cases raised include four against Rangers FC and one against Rangers FC/Rangers Boys’ Club.

These actions involve one coach and one scout, who both also worked at other clubs.

They were never convicted and are now dead.

Individual claims range from tens of thousands to £1million.

Three actions are also being pursued against the SFA.

Partick Thistle, Dundee United and Hivs/Hivs Boys’ Club also face compensation claims from people who claim they were sexually abused while child players.

Also on the list are a string of junior and amateur clubs.

The SFA – which has launched an inquiry into the sexual exploitation of children scandal – is facing three separate compensation claims from people who say they were abused by a referee.

Celtic FC face at least one claim of £1million.

So to paraphrase the maths on this..."with over 50 claims from just one legal firm... with some individual claims hitting the £1million mark.... this means the total amount of compensation payouts could top £12million."

It could yes, it could also mean a lot more than £12 million.

I'm not surprised in the slightest to see a newspaper article throwing out some low numbers, and no surprise at all to see an attempt to draw in as many clubs as possible.

I was surprised though to see Celtic Boys Club described as now-defunct. They are in no way defunct. They were paid money to change their name, the reason why being absolutely f***ing obvious for anyone with half a brain.

What this surely has to and hopefully will lead to, especially also if some referees get implicated, is the fact that any investigation has to be completely impartial and not run by any organisation currently based in Scotland.

Scottish football clubs, their sponsors, the governing bodies, the media, the police and the judicial system all need to be investigated in an enquiry.

You would like to think if we were as bad as that lot with these allegations you'd think we'd have heard about them long before now.
Just Hollicum dragging our name into to this.
But if we have been involved then we better do the right thing and take some responsibility to try and make things right as it's only fair for the victim of these monsters.

Maybe Celtic Boys Club is now defunct. There is now a "separate entity" that was set up to provide Celtic with young players.

Back