Scotsman claiming “ Rangers ace Jermain Defoe tipped to leave club for Premier League move (Behind paywall)

with the media telling us (facts not fairy tales)about all these players leaving, we're going to struggle to have 11 on the pitch in Feb! :rolleyes:

Can we stop creating threads or linking articles that use Football Insider as a source? Another completely made up story for clicks.

I used to work for them. To call them clickbait shite is being very, very kind to them.

We were once told that if there was no legitimate news to report then make it up and call it an exclusive. If you say a 'source' told you, who can disprove it?

For all the probably million of pounds that he has earned from the game, Defoe has won next to nothing and I’d expect that the chance to win trophies with Steven Gerrard trumps a few more appearances in the Premier League trying to fend off relegation for Bournemouth or someone.

All filler no killer. Scotsman hate us and are filling inches with pish because it's a quiet January...

If you believe everything rangers would have no team left to finish the season, this is all coming from our win at the chamber of secrets.

You can tell Defoe absolutely loves it Ibrox, there's next to no chance he would leave when we're half way to 55.

Rangers second in the league with a game in hand. Various players linked to be leaving.

The other lot currently top but not having their "multi million" squad hawked out by the media daily.

Wee bit of trying to unsettle I think.

I'll be honest, if Defoe decides he'd prefer to try his luck elsewhere in search of more first team football this summer, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

He's been superb to have as backup and a really great asset to have around the place given his experience, but I could understand if he didn't want to extend that (either behind Alfie or someone new) for another year.

He's also going to be 38. Ideally we'd have two much younger strikers vying for a start.

Cant see him going unless we didnt want him. Think he loves it and fancies the chance to challenge for trophies and titles

So basically the Scotsman put up a paywall to give you info from Football Insider who in turn are just quoting Phillips, who in turn is speculating and knows feck all.

A) file under bullsh*
B) cancel your subscription with Scotsman (if you’re daft enough to have one)

Anyone know what the story is here?

Searched online but can’t find anything.
Article is behind a paywall

The fact that it is behind a paywall should give you an idea of it's relevance imho.

Gerrard will have a relationship with both player and Eddue Howe.

Jermain seems very Happy and knows he’s definitely going to be playing the next few games so I would doubt this is the time he would want to leave given his character l would think he is thinking this is my chance to prove I should be getting more game time.

Not really the story at all. “Defoe and Rangers expect contract to be agreed but if not somebody would have him says retired footballer”

How many players is that now being linked with a move in the media?
Tav, Borna, Goldson, Kamara, Jones, Alfie, Defoe.
Must be Ryan Jack's turn next.

TBH I would not be surprised to see one of the EPL teams who are in trouble make a bid for him. They have a couple of hundred million to gamble on, so that is a possibility.

A non story but they’ve made a headline and got clicks. Standard with today’s media

He's got a genuine chance at winning trophies, becoming part of a legendary team and a final crack at Champions League. No other club will offer him that at this stage of his career.

He’s not gonna get European football unless he stays here.He admitted himself he thought those days were gone,he’s loving it here!

Strange that all of a sudden, our players who are worthless in the eyes of the mhedia, are suddenly transfer targets for one and all, (mind you at knock down prices...)

Rebel/Mail/Express/Sun/Hootsman/Herald/National... Or Hollicom again?

BTW when are we going to get on the PR trail???

And funnily enough on the day of a Rangers match where Defoe is certain to start all of a sudden they forget about Alfie and bring in Defoe leaving from a story that is so obviously planted to Philips. heh Kevin, imagine Rangers didn't sign Defoe. I am sure there will be other lower premier league clubs that could be interested. Okay thanks Kev, I've got my story.

I think our players are looking forward to next years champions league and Steven Gerrard will be building a team for it

No mate you've got it all wrong. Poster back up the page says he can see it happening because he thinks JD has been unhappy the last month.
you know, the last month where we've had a winter break sandwiched between two wins.
JD is going no where

FollowFollow at its best.

I think Defoe will finish his career here, and hopefully a place in the coaching staff when he hangs up his boots.

Back