Scotsman - Revealed: Rangers provide Scotland support with more fans than Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been a Rangers season ticket holder since 1992 and a Scotland travel club member since 1989. i still go to most home Scotland games although whilst 20+ years ago I’d have said my support for both was pretty even, now Scotland losing has minimal impact on me whilst Rangers losing ruins my life until they win the next game!

The gate receipts are probably the SFAs biggest source of income outside Government grants

For those who still go, an organised boycott here and there would bury this obsession with fining the oldco

Still want Scotland to do well.

Even more I think Clark is a good appointment, but of course, time will tell.

Born in Scotland, see myself as Scottish and British.

As far as Politics concerned I voted No to brexit and no to Independence.

But I defend any Rangers supporters right to vote Yes to Independence.

Do we have to be Unionist, orange, loyalist, protestant to support Rangers. Do we want to have such a narrow supporter base.

I don't think so, it would be folly, to be so stupid.

Still want Scotland to do well.

Even more I think Clark is a good appointment, but of course, time will tell.

Born in Scotland, see myself as Scottish and British.

As far as Politics concerned I voted No to brexit and no to Independence.

But I defend any Rangers supporters right to vote Yes to Independence.

Do we have to be Unionist, orange, loyalist, protestant to support Rangers. Do we want to have such a narrow supporter base.

I don't think so, it would be folly, to be so stupid.
Dont defend the indefensible

I think this shows the sheer size of the Rangers support as I’d imagine only a small percentage still go to Scotland games due to the disgusting treatment of our club and players.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...Bz-Ji1EzNl9qs0z6U68hi-oquhqtnRFskqvccYXAPVZGU

Revealed: Rangers provide Scotland support with more fans than Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts
Revealed: Rangers provide Scotland support with more fans than Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts
Published: 12:14 Thursday 13 June 2019

Rangers have the biggest percentage of Scotland supporters.Picture: SNS
Share this article

It is an argument which arises every time the Scotland are set to play.

Which clubs provide the most number of fans and, conversely, which club's fans take little interest in the national team?

It is often felt, in a sweeping generalisation, that the Celtic and Rangers fans are not overly bothered with Scotland, preferring to concentrate on supporting the two behemoths of Scottish football.

The Tartan Army, it is believed, is made up of fans from lower league clubs, while Aberdeen is thought of as a stronghold for the supporters of the national team.

Yet, data revealed by the digital manager of the SFA shows that Rangers have the biggest percentage of fans among Scotland Supporter Club members.

They are followed by four of the other 'big five' - if you will. Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs, in that order.

Michael Bochel tweeted: "Probably a good opportunity to dispel some myths about the Scotland support. Based on the last time I looked (Dec 2018) the teams supported by Supporter Club members in order of % were:

Rangers

Aberdeen

Celtic

Hearts

Hibs

Kilmarnock

Dundee United

St Mirren

No wonder we get shafted time after time.

The Scotland "haters" are motivated by their dislike for Scottish politicians and football authorities. They feel this is reason enough to call our country a shitehole, cesspit etc. We are the only country I know who have meekly surrendered our country's football team.

Take it back.

I think this shows the sheer size of the Rangers support as I’d imagine only a small percentage still go to Scotland games due to the disgusting treatment of our club and players.

No, it shows the stoopidness of our support at times. These times.

The days when a Rangers fan could wear a mixture of a Rangers strip and Scotland strip are gone.

Growing up, I played football with guys who wore

A - The Rangers v neck strip, white shorts and black and red socks.
Or
B - The Scotland navy blue v neck strip with white shorts and black and red shorts.

That is finished.

That is never coming back and tell you what I am absolutely delighted.

I’ve been a Rangers season ticket holder since 1992 and a Scotland travel club member since 1989. i still go to most home Scotland games although whilst 20+ years ago I’d have said my support for both was pretty even, now Scotland losing has minimal impact on me whilst Rangers losing ruins my life until they win the next game!
scotland 2-2 Poland was perhaps my best game

poles are crackpots

Why do Scotland fans boo any Rangers player who turns out for the National team ? You can’t put that down to some internet fad, it actually happens in real life.
This survey reminds me of all these Yessers marching for Independence and for some strange reason, the only football colours you see are Rangers tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back