Scott Allan

I feel a bit sorry for him.

First, he is clearly not the player he - and we - thought he was.

Second, he allowed himself to be used by both Celtic and Hibs to get one over on us. It was nothing to do with football and everything to do with playing to the gallery.

Third, having been used, he is now being abused and not just by us.

Badly advised, immature and clearly not very bright. He probably doesn't have much of a future in football.

Remember I got heavily sniffed at for suggesting he'd go to Celtic if they came in for him.

Huh.

A lesson to all of us - modern footballers - almost every single one of them - are just mercenaries there to make money.

Can't say i have any sympathy for the boy, all he had to do was sit tight for 6 months and he'd have realised his dream, but wasn't to be, can't say i'm disappointed in any way, we have far better players than him just now, he'd be lucky to make our bench.

Funny to see him hooked after 38 minutes. It'll always be a case of "what if" for the boy now.

There is another angle to this on here. There was a huge pressure from fans to sign the lad as he was a bluenose. Signing players because they are fans is rarely a good signing policy.

We dodged a bullet here. Looking at his career he has had a short good spell at Hibs, otherwise his career is one of unfulfilled potential.

We need to recognise we need better quality to progress, where that comes from is less important than the quality

Can't say i have any sympathy for the boy, all he had to do was sit tight for 6 months and he'd have realised his dream, but wasn't to be, can't say i'm disappointed in any way, we have far better players than him just now, he'd be lucky to make our bench.
What if he loses form or gets injured? What happens if Warburton takes a serious look at him and decides he doesn't fancy him? Or a better player for his position becomes available (bear in mind we signed Kranjcar the summer Allan would have been available on a Bosman)

It's easy to say it was all he had to do but there was no guarantee a move to Rangers would ever have materialised.

There is another angle to this on here. There was a huge pressure from fans to sign the lad as he was a bluenose. Signing players because they are fans is rarely a good signing policy.

We dodged a bullet here. Looking at his career he has had a short good spell at Hibs, otherwise his career is one of unfulfilled potential.

We need to recognise we need better quality to progress, where that comes from is less important than the quality
I still think, had we signed him he'd have been a key player for us! As it is, he took a massive gamble and it looks to have more or less ruined his career. Such a short sighted move, most could see it was never going to work out

he allowed himself to be used by both Celtic and Hibs to get one over on us.
This was obvious even to the casual observer
For a lad that apparently came from a 'Good Rangers family' allowing himself to be used as a pawn by the yahoos makes it all the more sweet the lower he falls!

If we had signed him at the time he wouldn't be wanted by Pedro now. Honking attitude and not an awful lot of ability either it seems.

He threw away the chance to sign for his boyhood team to sign for our bitter rivals who only wanted him as a bam up, i hope he enjoyed the money because his career is now f*cked.

What if he loses form or gets injured? What happens if Warburton takes a serious look at him and decides he doesn't fancy him? Or a better player for his position becomes available (bear in mind we signed Kranjcar the summer Allan would have been available on a Bosman)

It's easy to say it was all he had to do but there was no guarantee a move to Rangers would ever have materialised.

In suppose you could say the same about Walker.

An interesting question to ask is whether he could have handled the pressure of playing for Rangers?

I see Craig Houston was giving him it tight earlier.
He suggested he went to them under the impression if the qualified for CL he was in line for 250k bonus.

He got hee haw.
Of course he would have got hee haw... They never qualified for the CL until Rodgers took over :rolleyes:.

It was his decision to go to the scum,in hindsight he done us a favour on two sides,one he is not good enough for us,and two he tied up a large amount of cash they won't recoup when they sell him.

He had the ability - his season at Hibs and time at Dundee Hibs showed that. He didn't have the correct attitude.

Back