Scott Arfield, how important is he?

PrivateAye72

I think Scott Arfeild is just as important member of our squad as Alfredo Morelos. His pressing, passing and presence are vital to how we play. Was unlucky not to score today after robbing their cb of the ball and had Lafferty put him in when the ref was playing advantage he was a certinty to score then too.

We missed him terribly against Dundee, is involved in most of out positive play as well as defensively.

Great player.

He is our only central midfielder with any kind of creativity of forward thinking so he’s very important. Didn’t think he had his best game today but still was unlucky not to score. We need at least one other midfielder of a similar (or better) quality in there to support him.

He is our only central midfielder with any kind of creativity of forward thinking so he’s very important. Didn’t think he had his best game today but still was unlucky not to score. We need at least one other midfielder of a similar (or better) quality in there to support him.
The idea of a midfield 3 of Arfeild, Davis and Jack is pretty exciting.

Fantastically clever, hard working player, makes great runs that pull defenders out of shape, needs other players alongside him that are on the same level of intelligence.

Aberdeen semi final
Aberdeen Ibrox
Dundee away

3 of the worst performances of the season. He played 8 minutes in the 3 games, no coincidence imo.

Makes runs into the box, pulls opposition players out of position, creating space for us which is something that No1 else does.

Has guts unlike most of his midfield counterparts but still wouldn't make the Celtic team.

Let's see how he performs against a very motivated Hibs.

We should have appealed his red card at Tynecastle.

There was an argument it was a yellow, and looking back we could have avoided dropping 5 points if it had succeeded.

We should have appealed his red card at Tynecastle.

There was an argument it was a yellow, and looking back we could have avoided dropping 5 points if it had succeeded.
Unfortunately it was a clear red mate. No chance. A half decent rangers would be 8 points clear by now but we will only get better

I think he's been inconsistent and due to being out takes the mantle of FF's most missed player. He's had good games, bad games and ordinary ones like most of the midfield.

He could get better and more consistent but until then I'm not convinced he is as important as some are stating...

He's the only proper midfielder we have. We have loads of defensive ones none of whom are up to pushing into the more forward position.

100% agree with OP.

He’s by a mile our best Centre Mid...keep up the good work Scott & get wee Davis back to sit in behind him to pull the strings.

The amount of runs he makes that we are unable to find is criminal. Can be sure a Steve Davis would show Scotty Arfield in even better light

He’s a stick on in the team sheet.

Himself, Davis and one other in January and the midfield options look a lot stronger.

The most mobile midfielder in the sense that he offers something both in midfield and attack. I think Thursday took a little from his his form late on, but he is a real asset to the squad.

Arfield is vital to this team and to winning the league. Sorely missed when he doesn't play.

I think Scott Arfeild is just as important member of our squad as Alfredo Morelos. His pressing, passing and presence are vital to how we play. Was unlucky not to score today after robbing their cb of the ball and had Lafferty put him in when the ref was playing advantage he was a certinty to score then too.

We missed him terribly against Dundee, is involved in most of out positive play as well as defensively.

Great player.
My MOM today.

Whilst I tend to agree that Arfield is probably our best midfielder atm, I find myself frequently frustrated with him. My fault, I suppose as I expected more from a player with his experience of playing in the EPL, but his weak finishing and lack of composure on the ball really bugs me at times. He makes some great runs forward, and times his runs well, but then invariably makes poor decisions or loses possession too often for me. Like I said, I think I expected more from someone with his experience.

Not according to some in the match thread. Calling for him to be replaced in January :D
Clever people, our "supporters".
Maybe, to be fair, and for the record, I'd replace him as well but there isn't a Barry Ferguson, Ian Durrant or Gio van Bronckhurst available within our price range.

Clever people, our "supporters".
Maybe, to be fair, and for the record, I'd replace him as well but there isn't a Barry Ferguson, Ian Durrant or Gio van Bronckhurst available within our price range.
I'd settle for a Paul Gascoigne, sorry I meant Steve Davis (beside him)

Takes a lot of stick at times on here but when he's out of the team its hugely noticeable. I like him, gets in dangerous positions and never shys away. Get in 2 good midfielders and have rotation of Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly, Mcrrorie then we have a good chance of challenging for the title in my opinion.

Takes a lot of stick at times on here but when he's out of the team its hugely noticeable. I like him, gets in dangerous positions and never shys away. Get in 2 good midfielders and have rotation of Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly, Mcrrorie then we have a good chance of challenging for the title in my opinion.
Did nothing to make himself undroppable today.
Saddens me greatly.

Very important for us I.m.o.made a lot of good runs off the ball again yesterday,we need to get the head up,and hit him earlier.

I think he's a really smart player, particularly when we were playing in Europe and there was more space. Some of the runs from midfield he made in to space were brilliant and better players around him would have found the pass.

Harder domestically because teams are a lot more stuffy. Wish he could chip in with just a few more goals though.

He’s streets ahead of the others in there.

Davis Jack Arfield

Looks like a half decent midfield.

Back