Scott Arfield (Again)

bilkobear

We're still through in Edinburgh discussing the game and he's the main topic.

His movement in behind Defoe today was superb.

Really revelling in his new role and Hearts simply couldn't pick him up.

Well played Scotty.

MOTM for me.
I agree with you about his movement.
He is one of those players who could shrug an SAS team off inside a darkened room.
But he has his flaws and today it was obvious that he wasn't at his best.
Had Scotty been playing at 100% Rangers would be sitting on top of a six to seven figure goal tally.
But he was always on top of his brief nonetheless.

baza239

Well played Scotty.

MOTM for me.
Iv said it before he is such a clever player especially when he doesn’t even have the ball.the positions he takes up which sometimes goes unnoticed is something else.think we see the best of him when he plays in that more advanced roll rather than coming from deep,also compliments Defoe’s game superbly well

bilkobear

I thought the MOTM was Kamara.
He made the impact in the middle that allowed Davis to play.
He supported both flanks, and he rarely lost a 50/50.
Also, he can see movement in front of him and has the tools to assist it and damage the opposition.
A great young talent who can evolve into so much more.

Nacho Novo

An English Premier League player and it really shows. We need to add 3 or 4 more of his quality to the first team.
The pace of Arfield and Kent upfront is unbelievable, can even play Candeias up top with his pace and work rate. Need a TOP striker between those two like a Prso or Jelavic in the summer to fire us to the league title.

Potnbear

Arfield seems a new man in the present set up. Will it change when Alfredo's back? I personally think, this system is the best consistently we have played all season since Alfie has been suspended, we have have been really good on the eye, not suggesting we ditch Alfie

buffalosoldier

Well played Scotty.

MOTM for me.
Read on here AGAIN tonight that he's "not the right quality or type of player to win titles at Rangers". I genuinely think people just want us to have a team of neds

WATP3006

Well played Scotty.

MOTM for me.
Think he has a bigger influence on the game mate in this role, would be reluctant to move him deeper.

Bluebrox

Turning it on in dead rubber games when the season is over is not much use in reality.

Too many players let us down this season when it actually mattered. Arfield being one of them.

Really like the guy but he's been shy of big goals v the taigs and the sheep when we really needed them this season. Harsh I know because he's been superb of late, but that's what it's going to take if we're to overtake the filth next season

What's to explain?

It's no use 'doing the biz' in meaningless matches.

Time to do it as routine when it counts. (like 29/12/18)

Surely that's not asking much?

Oh, and his miss to make it four was a howler.
Up until the ‘meaningless games’ came about, he was used ineffectively. His change of position/role, has brought out the best in him.

Also, he was magnificent on the 29/12/18.

50p Flute

He's been superb of late and if he carries that form into next season and adds a solid bit of consistency to his game then he will be a vital player in our title aspirations.
Whilst I get some of the criticism he has received this season, I have criticised him myself at times, some of the snide nonsense on this thread alone is absolutely boggin.
Injuries and suspensions (not just for him but team mates he links with) have hindered him somewhat, with a better understanding of the team and a better balance we are now seeing what he is capable of and long may it continue.
Oh, and he 'gets' it, be fantastic to see him win the league with us.