Scott Arfield - Precontract

I think everyone knows he is a top top manager but he just needs to very carefully pick the right next step in his career.

If it was 15-20 years ago I think we would be absolutely sniffing and in with a serious chance of getting him but not these days.
Dyche is going nowhere! I hope.

In all honesty I don’t care who he supported, yes it can lead to an affinity with the fans like Halliday etc but as long as Arfield does what he’s capable of he will be a hero at Ibrox,
And also be pushing for an international berth

Very exciting signing
Doesn’t he already play international football for Canada?

In all honesty I don’t care who he supported, yes it can lead to an affinity with the fans like Halliday etc but as long as Arfield does what he’s capable of he will be a hero at Ibrox,

Very exciting signing
Doesn't really bother me that much either it's only a bonus if you can also walk the walk .

Just funny to see after some posts on here that he is a boyhood fan .

Very exciting signing

He’s already a full Canadian international.

Like Danny Wilson, did he attend St. Margaret's Academy in Livingston?

I was always under the impression that his missus' family were all dyed in the wool bluenoses - have I been hearing wrong?

I was always under the impression that his missus' family were all dyed in the wool bluenoses - have I been hearing wrong?

There was an interview with him on the Burnley website before we played them in a friendly where he said his family and friends were Rangers fans and how excited he was to play at Ibrox.

Reactions: 8-1
I think everyone knows he is a top top manager but he just needs to very carefully pick the right next step in his career.

If it was 15-20 years ago I think we would be absolutely sniffing and in with a serious chance of getting him but not these days.

I think West Ham or Everton would be 2 ideal step ups for him. 2 traditionally big English clubs who lack a bit of direction, he could galvanise both.

I think West Ham or Everton would be 2 ideal step ups for him. 2 traditionally big English clubs who lack a bit of direction, he could galvanise both.
Everton or West Ham are a sideways move. Especially while Burnley are 7th. Can only see him going to a top 6 club, if David Brent got the Liverpool job with a far less impressive CV then there is no reason Dyche couldn’t get a similar job.

Arfield has a very good taste in music. He’s a good indie boy

This I know as fact as I remember bumping into him in Dunfermline one night at the local indie night. He was at Falkirk at the time, I bought him a can of Red Stripe, got a quick snap for the Bebo page and wished him all the best for the future.

Good lad

This I know as fact as I remember bumping into him in Dunfermline one night at the local indie night. He was at Falkirk at the time, I bought him a can of Red Stripe, got a quick snap for the Bebo page and wished him all the best for the future.

Good lad

He plays in his own band too (or certainly used to). Was lead singer and guitarist. He’s an excellent singer. Can’t remember their name though.

As an aside, I see it’s now on the official Burnley website that he’s expected to join us. Good news.

He plays in his own band too (or certainly used to). Was lead singer and guitarist. He’s an excellent singer. Can’t remember their name though.

As an aside, I see it’s now on the official Burnley website that he’s expected to join us. Good news.
I the begbies mate was in it with his brother.

Gave it up because he never had enough time for it.

Delighted with this signing! Massive upgrade on the likes of Holt and Halliday etc.
Midfield starting to look decent if we can get everyone fit. Still crying out for a creative type imo.

We need to now start shifting the shite.

I the begbies mate was in it with his brother.

Gave it up because he never had enough time for it.

That’s the very one. Only noticed now as I read the page again that it had already been mentioned. They used to play gigs regularly in Falkirk/Fife/Livi areas.

Yes he went to St Margaret's in Livingston. I was in the same year as his best pal at Inveralmond( another high school in Livingston) his brother is Defo a big Celtic fan. He was in the Begbies band, they played a lot of gigs around here.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=2&t=28379

Good thread on the Burnley forum about the confirmation of him leaving.
Although there is as much on that thread about who he supports as there is on here. :D

cheers for that - its good to read when fans of a club are gutted to see him go but also wishing him well, think we have a cracker here.

I think this makes the Gerrard move also more realistic with the news also on McGregor i.e. whoever the new manager is he will have had a say on these 2 signings

Really nice to read all the messages of support to Scott Arfield on the Burnley forum thanking him for his time and wishing him luck at Ibrox.
Makes a change from some of our so called great fans saying "Bates get to F.uck " and "What the F.uck is Bates doing sitting with the team at Hampden"
Some of our fans could learn a bit of respect and class from the Burnley lads.

A very refreshing read. Looks like we're getting a player as well. Played at the highest level and thrived and only 29. Loads seem to want him to stay as well. Get the manager right and things will get interesting next year.

Back