Scott Arfield - Precontract

Good thing this is the 10% of the time we’ve got it right then and his current manager has it wrong :eek:

Aye ok mate.

So we’ve seen videos of him giving simply the best laldy (not just signing it but telling everyone “not yet” when they think it’s the good bit) so he obviously knows it very very well.

Plus, we’ve also got his current manager and club going on record saying he’s a boyhood fan.

:rolleyes:

Andrew Dickson‏Verified account @mrandrewdickson
Sean Dyche has just spoken about Scott Arfield: “Rangers asked us about Scott & what his position was. He was a boyhood Rangers fan & that one’s pretty simple if they want to speak to him. Scott’s a player who has done a lot for this club. We hope things work out in his favour."

Aye ok mate.

So we’ve seen videos of him giving simply the best laldy (not just signing it but telling everyone “not yet” when they think it’s the good bit) so he obviously knows it very very well.

Plus, we’ve also got his current manager and club going on record saying he’s a boyhood fan.

Mate it really isn’t up for debate Scott grew up a Celtic fan.

Aye ok mate.

Fair enough buddy. You believe what you want to!

Aye ok mate.

That was my thoughts when I seen the video. Possibly a childhood tim, but based on that rendition he's anything but rhabid.

I think this guy will be a solid piece of business for us in midfield..he can score and drive forward and will be in the heat of the battle in the middle of the park..

Our midfield is raw and lacks character and dig,he'll add to it imo and for free,what's not to like.

WATP

Really....who gives a flying f*ck what team he supported as a lad.

As long as he does the business when he’s here that’s all that should matter

I agree. Just stating the fact to offset the wave of ‘he’s a bear’ that was going to come post Dyche’s comments.

Anyway, as for Scott, he’ll give 100% every week and be a great signing for us!

People still saying he’s a mhonkey despite his manager saying otherwise on national TV.

Un-fucking-believable :D

Haha that is because he is know him pretty well.

Like I said had his medical this morning and signed a 4 year deal.

Great guy and will give 100% every game.

However Sean dyche is at it he grew up a Celtic fan.

Now-a-days I couldn't care less.Many youngsters have grown up Bears,and wound up with the Scum.
Their midfield right now says it all.Brown,McGregor,Forrest and Morgan.Time we started grabbing some of their
youngsters.

Have to say, I agree with all the above posts asking why it matters who it supports as a lad or now - as long as he does the job. He's not going to sign just to be deliberately shite because he supported another club. If we have signed him them great, he's a good player and the kind of quality we need.

He did not support Rangers as a boy and that is categorically fact, regardless of media spin.

A Celtic supporting family from Knightsridge in Livingston.

As already posted, like most professional footballers, Scott isn't a bitter type.

I'm keen to hear his brothers thoughts on the move :D

A great signing who will give his all to the cause.

He did not support Rangers as a boy and that is categorically fact, regardless of media spin.

As already posted, Scott isn't bitter, like most professional footballers aren't.

Walking a thin line mate, you can’t know anything about him and post on here!

As already posted, like most professional footballers, Scott isn't a bitter type.

A great signing who will give his all to the cause.

I know Stuart won’t be going to Ibrox to watch his brother mate that is a fact lol.

you can know all you want,but repeating yourself is boring..we get it..he grew up supporting Cetic..thanks for that.

Any chance you can point out the bit in the FF rules where I can’t reaffirm a point that others are calling people out for being wrong on?

Didn’t think so. Thanks for that.

Last I’ll say on his childhood allegiances anyway. Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

I believe Scott may have told dyche he was a boyhood rangers fan as his excuse for moving.

That would explain dyche press conference.

Any chance you can point out the bit in the FF rules where I can’t reaffirm a point that others are calling people out for being wrong on?

Didn’t think so. Thanks for that.

Last I’ll say on his childhood allegiances anyway. Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

Is it a done deal then?

Dyche seems like a right good cu nt.

I think everyone knows he is a top top manager but he just needs to very carefully pick the right next step in his career.

If it was 15-20 years ago I think we would be absolutely sniffing and in with a serious chance of getting him but not these days.

Reactions: Dom
In all honesty I don’t care who he supported, yes it can lead to an affinity with the fans like Halliday etc but as long as Arfield does what he’s capable of he will be a hero at Ibrox

Very exciting signing

Last edited:
Back