Scott Arfield scores both goals for Canada

Mexico
Cuba
Canada
Martinique

You’d think they’d qualify 2nd behind Mexico with 2 teams qualifying.

They’d then play winner of B group which should be Costa Rica on June 29th and hopefully papped out then.

Toward the end of last season, at their press conference, the manager appeared to make it obvious that he wanted Arfield to be very much part of his plans for the future. What a lift that must have been to Arfield; an absolute gem to have at our club.

second goal was a peach, wonderful one touch link up play and finish.

anyone know who that number 20 was? granted its only a few minutes highlights but he seemed to be comfortable with the ball at his feet.

The black guy on the left (number 20 i think he was ) looked a decent player very quick
If you’re talking about the boy who was rapid, set up Arfields first goal & then another chance it was number 12, Alphonso Davies. Signed for Bayern Munich for about 14m in January.

Number 20 who was involved in Arfields second goal is Jonathan David. Currently at Gent and doing very well for a 19 year old. Would definitely keep an eye on him.

If you’re talking about the boy who was rapid, set up Arfields first goal & then another chance it was number 12, Alphonso Davies. Signed for Bayern Munich for about 14m in January.

Number 20 who was involved in Arfields second goal is Jonathan David. Currently at Gent and doing very well for a 19 year old. Would definitely keep an eye on him.

Your knowledge of overseas players never ceases to amaze me bud.

Impressive stuff.

Reactions: MSF
That is two goals of absolutely outstanding quality, in terms of build-up and finish.

Big season ahead for Scotty boy. I'm tipping him to better last season's goal tally.

I’m not looking to resurrect the whole ‘should Tav be captain’ debate before anyone starts.

But I think Arfield along with Goldson would be good candidates.

Looking forward to the Gold Cup,with captain Canada leading the team.
Our ladies didn't do to bad yesterday either.Way to go girls.

Freesports are showing the Gold Cup
Canada v Martinique Sun 00:30
Canada v Mexico Thu 03:30
We can watch with panic everytime Arfield goes into a tackle
As bloated as the squad may be there might not be much movement out until August when hopefully our International players are well rested and we have navigated some tricky Europa qualifiers

Back