Scott Arfield Today

He has been very good everytime he has been in midfield this season with the exception of the 2nd half at Pittodrie - but that applies to everyone in that game.

Kamara might struggle to keep his place when Davis is back

Not going to lie, I thought his legs were going, pleased to say I was wrong. Long may his recovery continue, would be a good time to knock this Canada stuff on the head too.

His form picking up has coincided with him being moved to a more natural position for him, he is never a RW, playing in the midfield 3 and applying pressure when off the ball is right up his street though.

Both him and aribo have a great understanding. Seem to have brought the best out of each other the last few games. Then cover each other really well and seem to always be an option when the other has the ball.
Think it’s given tav abit more confidence to get forward too as he’s getting more of the ball now

Change of position has really suited him. Never had Aribo down as a right sided forward but he's been playing really well there! Long may it continue

Change of position has really suited him. Never had Aribo down as a right sided forward but he's been playing really well there! Long may it continue

He's playing as a right sided no.10. This is how Gerrard describes it. He seems to be getting more suited to the role by the match.

Arfield is one of those players who is vital to any team does the work that's not fashionable but enables other players to impress even when he is not quite up to speed he never hides .Very good team player .
Just wish he would stop these long haul flights to Canada must take it out of him .

He HAS to play in midfield 3

Doing this has pushed aribo forward who is finding his feet

Today shows it’s not fatigue/Canada That been the issue with arfield , it’s been out of position

No surprise considering how slow he is pace wise, hes never a winger so never understood it, a more centre attacking position is ideal for him

He’s definitely playing better deeper.
Good to see him getting back to a bit of form and doing his job well.
I’m not going to start with negativity, but he’s doing ok. If people have been playing very poorly and get to playing ok, it doesn’t make them amazing.
I hope he can keep this upward trajectory in his performances.
It seems to have happened with Tav who’s now had I think 3 really good games on the trot.
Just thinking on this, it could be that this winter break comes at a bad time for us again as a few of our players, namely Tav, Arfield and Aribo just appear to be getting into a bit of rhythm and form!

Back