Scott Arfield

Albertz_Was_King

I like Arfield as a guy and all but he should not be starting games for Rangers.

Constantly gives the ball away, incredibly slow and his shooting is atrocious.

The daft, needless fouls are so silly as well in breaking the game up, plays into the oppositions hands.

Nice guy and has had great moments in a Rangers shirt but for me, he is miles off it.

Too harsh or fair call?

I like Arfield as a guy and all but he should not be starting games for Rangers.

The daft, needless fouls are so silly as well in breaking the game up, plays into the oppositions hands.

Nice guy and has had great moments in a Rangers shirt but for me, he is miles off it.

Too harsh or fair call?
Harsh. Scott on several occasions tonight actually put a stop to Hibs counter attacks and overturned possession back to Rangers. We have the pace from BB and JT along with the forwards and if Scott’s role tonight was to stay back and tidy up then he did it well enough.

Too harsh or fair call?
I like his work rate as you say but on the ball he is pretty average at best!

Too harsh or fair call?
Absolutely spot on, players are making forward runs and Arfield is too slow to decide what to do or even see them, square ball or pass back the way. Hurry back jack and be back on your game.

Thought he was good in spells tonight. My only annoyance with Arfield is his inability to get anywhere close to the target when shooting from outside the box

Thought he was decent tonight, broke up a lot of Hivs play and linked up ok when attacking.

Normally I would agree that he looks a bit one paced but I'd give him pass marks tonight

Definitely harsh, except for the part about his shooting. Although same could be said for most of our midfield. The gaffer should be giving lessons on how to shoot from outside the box.

I have never been totally sold on him. At times he looks like genuine quality but consistency is not his strong point and I thought he was erratic tonight which is not uncommon.

I thought we looked much more dangerous with Arfield deeper and Hagi central. Davis is more than enough help for the defence at home against the dross - would like to see more of that going forward. A 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3

Too harsh imo..
No chance, he’s slow and not technically good enough.
He’s okay at times when getting around the striker but not in that position we saw him tonight.

so infuriating seeing him & Davis come take the ball 5 from our own box to do sweet FA with.

Didn’t play well at all tonight but wasn’t the only one to be fair.

Fully fit squad & he would be on the bench for me.

Far too harsh. He has many weaknesses but also a fair few strengths. We are going to need everyone in these next few months and the strengths he does have will hopefully prove crucial.

To be fair Arfield isn’t a guaranteed starter anymore. When Jack is back, he’ll be on the bench.

And rightly so. As with Aribo and, it has to be said, Kent, we need much more of a threat in the position he plays.

He should have buried that chance in the first half. That’s where we need to improve if we want to be champions - we need to take chances like he and Aribo had tonight.

All our big players are not turning up along with Arfield add Kent Kamara Davis Aribo even Morelos has looked way off it too many big players off form at the one time is a major concern how on earth does that happen?

Two youngsters bailed us out tonight and kept our hopes of a title alive.

Arfield when he casually walked the ball out the pitch should’ve been replaced with Stewart so poor.

I like Arfield but he wouldn't of half made decent a Rugby or American football player with his shooting. Over the bar 70% of the time. :))

Back