Scott Arfield

Oh dear why has this thread been bumped. The three Stooges (@Danger Zone @Mearns Ranger @Garrioch Bear) will be along shortly to tell us how Arfield is never good enough for Rangers.

@Danger Zone might also give us a lesson on how a man of the match award does now mean you are the best player on the day.

Arfield now has 6 goals since the break and has been our best player since we came back from Dubai.

Soon he’ll be into double figures, unlike your IQ. Each of us criticised us performance in a particular match, you have it in your head that subsequent performances since that match, invalidate each of our opinions on that previous match. Do you realise how daft that is?

To honest I refuse to believe you’re even that daft, I think you’re a wean at the wind up.

Oh dear why has this thread been bumped. The three Stooges (@Danger Zone @Mearns Ranger @Garrioch Bear) will be along shortly to tell us how Arfield is never good enough for Rangers.

@Danger Zone might also give us a lesson on how a man of the match award does now mean you are the best player on the day.

Arfield now has 6 goals since the break and has been our best player since we came back from Dubai.
Not to disappoint you. Arfield is not good enough for Rangers. Prior to scoring against STRANRAER , he scored 1 goal in 23 starts. Wow.
He has scored 5 goals in last 6
against such giants as Ross County,
Killie, Livi and Hamilton (2) missing
a penalty. A run which included a
draw v Aberdeen and losses to
Killie and Hearts. Oh, wait a minute,
he came on at half-time v Jam Tarts
but turned a draw into a defeat.
3 results which have virtually ended our league challenge. Furthermore
he started in the 2 defeats to Celtic
but didn’t start in our win @ Parkhead.
We even had a better record without
him in the EL group games. Not a man for the bigger games. That’s 6 out of
6 trophies gone during his time.
Yeah, we’re stooges ok. Paying his wages.

Not to disappoint you. Arfield is not good enough for Rangers. Prior to scoring against STRANRAER , he scored 1 goal in 23 starts. Wow.

And breathe....

Relax mate. It’s ok to admit he’s our best player at the moment. Also our third highest scorer!

I like Arfield as a guy and all but he should not be starting games for Rangers.

Constantly gives the ball away, incredibly slow and his shooting is atrocious.

The daft, needless fouls are so silly as well in breaking the game up, plays into the oppositions hands.

Nice guy and has had great moments in a Rangers shirt but for me, he is miles off it.

Too harsh or fair call?
Hes the only one trying just now

Arfield has played at a high level in a super-competative league.

Personally, I trust him at Rangers.

He seems to have hit some form while others are struggling. In addition, Hagi has started well for us. Lets hope their teammates take some inspiration from them and raise their level to that before the break.

Last edited:
Arfield and Haji have been carrying the side - last few weeks .

major questions re Dubai now need asked - as lat lot have kicked on form their break

I disagree. People are far too quick to jump all over players when things aren’t coming off for them. If people post on an Internet forum an opinion that turns out to be miles off it then they deserve to be called out. There are a fair few on this thread that have embarrassed themselves.
I disagree. People are far too quick to jump all over players when things aren’t coming off for them. If people post on an Internet forum an opinion that turns out to be miles off it then they deserve to be called out. There are a fair few on this thread that have embarrassed themselves.
I’ll refer you to my last post. Where I said his goals are single handedly keeping us in a title race(granted we’re probably fucked anyway)
Regardless, it doesn’t mean he’s an amazing player.
I’d say a toss up between him and Halliday for MOTM today.
Still gives the ball away too much. Still slow as a week in the jail. Deserves to be the third midfielder on present and recent form.
He’s playing better, but he still isn’t as good as he was last season. I also never really criticised him last season apart from his lack of shots from around the edge of the box.
He needs to maintain this form, certainly in terms of goal scoring, and if he can just tighten up a bit in the passing he’ll be back at last season’s level.

If he keeps chipping in with goals then he has to keep his place in the team. Probably been our best player the last few weeks but maybe thats a sign of how bad things have been since Dubai

Been critical of him this season but cant knock him sicne turn of the year. Probably been our best outfield player

Others need to follow

I'll hold my hands up and admit I've been critical of Arfield in big games earlier in the season. He is dragging our midfield through this dark spell just now though

Others around him should take note of what it's like to be a Rangers player from him .

May not be the best technically but he he never hides always gets stuck in and is popping up with some big goals .

Back