Scott Arfield

Scott Arfield had a great season last year & was probably the biggest reason why we were to able to beat them twice at Ibrox.

He has had a dip this season & deserved his time out of the team as other players were performing better.

From what I’ve seen since we’ve came back from the winter break Arfield has been as good as anyone in our team.

My final point is that if we are to be successful this season we will need Arfield to be at his best so he’s very important to the cause.

Not a go at you but do you think people that played the game at a lower level ( Juvenile, Amateur, Junior ) knows more about watching the game than someone who has watched football live at a ground over 1000 times?
No Robert, I don’t. I think most people who go to the games know what they’re seeing.
My answer was simply to a guy who said I’d never played the game at any level at all when actually I have.
Now without any doubt we don’t all know the ins and outs of the tactics employed by the manager and coaching staff, and who’s doing exactly what he wants and who’s not. But I think we have an idea. I think we can probably see what they’re trying, but may not know a players exact instructions.
However, the point was that I don’t think anyone as the right to say you can’t have an opinion that differs from someone who played at a higher level. It’s absolute nonsense.
My point was to shoot that down. FFS Mourinho and Wenger hardly played and yet were outstanding managers at different times.
Brendan Rodgers? Not in the same class but did he play? Villas Boas? You don’t have to have been the best player in the world to have an opinion. If my centre mid gives the ball away 3-4 times in the first half under no pressure I’m entitled to say he’s not doing that well with the ball. No matter who I am.

Unless you're prepared to say exactly who you are, who you played for and when, you're simply an anonymous guy on the internet who's opininon has the same credibility as the guy in the next post whoever it may be.
I’ve answered Robert above, and what you’re saying is exactly my point.
Doesn’t mean any of us aren’t entitled to that opinion because we didn’t play the game as well as Gerrard did.FFS hardly anyone did!
Gerrard plays Flanagan. No pace, can’t attack, can’t cross, and yet our full backs are essential to the way we play.
Ojo offers %^*& all game after game after game. Scored 1 goal and got 1 assist in his last 22.
Can I not say that I think these may have been wrong selections because I didn’t play at the same level Gerrard did?
It’s an absolute piss poor argument.
FFS by that logic not one of us can question anything Pedro did cos he managed Rangers. WTF have any of us done in comparison?

Last edited:
Haven't read the thread and I make no apologies for not doing so.

I thought Scott Arfield was superb today. I have been one of his harshest critics in the past but he has played consistently well recently.

I’ve answered Robert above, and what you’re saying is exactly my point.
Doesn’t mean any of us aren’t entitled to that opinion because we didn’t play the game as well as Gerrard did.FFS hardly anyone did!
Gerrard plays Flanagan. No pace, can’t attack, can’t cross, and yet our full backs are essential to the way we play.
Ojo offers %^*& all game after game after game. Scored 1 goal and got 1 assist in his last 22.
Can I not say that I think these may have been wrong selections because I didn’t play at the same level Gerrard did?
It’s an absolute piss poor argument.
FFS by that logic not one of us can question anything Pedro did cod he managed Rangers. WTF have any of us done in comparison?
Getting a bit irate here mate, you never played at a decent level. It's all part of your online persona. You were the wee guy getting skudded with 20 balls when you got dodgeball in pe.

Getting a bit irate here mate, you never played at a decent level. It's all part of your online persona. You were the wee guy getting skudded with 20 balls when you got dodgeball in pe.
Mate that’s funny. I like it. Fact of the matter, and the point I’m making is, it doesn’t matter what level any of us played at, or if we played at all. We’re entitled to disagree with other people’s opinions on a message board.
Noo if you’ll excuse me I need to go and hand big basher my dinner money!

No Robert, I don’t. I think most people who go to the games know what they’re seeing.
My answer was simply to a guy who said I’d never played the game at any level at all when actually I have.
Now without any doubt we don’t all know the ins and outs of the tactics employed by the manager and coaching staff, and who’s doing exactly what he wants and who’s not. But I think we have an idea. I think we can probably see what they’re trying, but may not know a players exact instructions.
However, the point was that I don’t think anyone as the right to say you can’t have an opinion that differs from someone who played at a higher level. It’s absolute nonsense.
My point was to shoot that down. FFS Mourinho and Wenger hardly played and yet were outstanding managers at different times.
Brendan Rodgers? Not in the same class but did he play? Villas Boas? You don’t have to have been the best player in the world to have an opinion. If my centre mid gives the ball away 3-4 times in the first half under no pressure I’m entitled to say he’s not doing that well with the ball. No matter who I am.
Bill Struth nor the special one played Professional, so I agree with you
A guy I used to know had an argument with me and stated that he had a Junior Cup medal and come up and see his trophies, I said ' Do you want to see my Bank book, I have made more money from football then you' The truth was I was skint at the time, but he didn't know that.
Shut him up in seconds :)) :)) :))

Bill Struth nor the special one played Professional, so I agree with you
A guy I used to know had an argument with me and stated that he had a Junior Cup medal and come up and see his trophies, I said ' Do you want to see my Bank book, I have made more money from football then you' The truth was I was skint at the time, but he didn't know that.
Shut him up in seconds :)) :)) :))
:)) :)) :)) :)) Brilliant!

Oh look. Forrest Gump’s bumped the thread, he clearly thinks the events of tonight also alter the events of the previous game and the comments that were made then. And he’s embarrassed for us?

Yeah if I was you I’d lay low pal, not draw more attention to yourself.

Oh look. Forrest Gump’s bumped the thread, he clearly thinks the events of tonight also alter the events of the previous game and the comments that were made then. And he’s embarrassed for us?

Yeah if I was you I’d lay low pal, not draw more attention to yourself.
Hahaha rattled. Just admit you got it wrong.

...and his shooting is atrocious.

source.gif

Id love to know either the bet or the forfiet with him and McGregor.
Id love to think its the Rangers Brotherhood they are celebrating for!

2 great strikes but you can only go on what's been commented on at the time and he was brutal at hitting a ball

Let's not kid ourselves here

It's too definitive to say is. Has been would be fair enough.

A realist would say he has been poor at that recently, a pessimist will say he's rubbish and that's it.

Hahaha rattled. Just admit you got it wrong.

Mate you’re literally bumping a thread as though tonight’s game actually means he in fact played well last week, tonights match changes nothing about the previous one and actually bumping this as some sort of “GIUY” says whole lot about you, particularly your age and the number digits that make up your IQ.

Oh dear oh dear. @Garrioch Bear @Mearns Ranger & @Danger Zone have really really let themselves down here.
Embarrassed for all 3 of you.
I’m so happy for you mate. I literally don’t give a %^*& about tonight’s result. It was all about Arfield’s belter proving me wrong. The fact we’ve blown the league by February again means nothing.
Hope you enjoy the celebrations ya fucking weapon.

On a side note, well done Scott Arfield. I actually said to my mates he’s single handedly keeping us in a title race with his goals since the break.
Despite two wonder goals in two games, I don’t think he’s played great and I think these goals are more of a freak than the norm, but hope he can keep going as he’s been be of the few who are contributing just now. Sadly, it all doesn’t matter a %^*& now anyway.

He's slow as a week in the jail, but his commitment can't be questioned. Some good goals lately. Can hold his head high unlike many.

He has his faults but his commitment can't be questioned, we'd be in an even worse position now without him

He's not the most cultured or technically sound but he makes his presence felt with his running and determination. He should be kept in the team on current form, especially seeing as few others can match his desire at present.

Plus he's scoring

Oh dear why has this thread been bumped. The three Stooges (@Danger Zone @Mearns Ranger @Garrioch Bear) will be along shortly to tell us how Arfield is never good enough for Rangers.

@Danger Zone might also give us a lesson on how a man of the match award does now mean you are the best player on the day.

Arfield now has 6 goals since the break and has been our best player since we came back from Dubai.

Great to see him adding goals to his game now. Never going to beat anyone in a race but a great player when he's in form

This forum is classic for posters showing the level of knowledge they have for football in general, in the case of this thread and OP.

However, the constant need to bump these threads is more than tedious.

This forum is classic for posters showing the level of knowledge they have for football in general, in the case of this thread and OP.

However, the constant need to bump these threads is more than tedious.
I disagree. People are far too quick to jump all over players when things aren’t coming off for them. If people post on an Internet forum an opinion that turns out to be miles off it then they deserve to be called out. There are a fair few on this thread that have embarrassed themselves.

It's like he's going in slow motion, I think there are certain games that he's is an asset and plays well but our lack of depth means he's maybe playing to many games. We essentially play with the same 12/13 players

A few weeks ago he was dreadful according to posters on here needs dropped.. no dig.. etc etc.. now it looks like kent is the whipping boy a mnth after people on here AGAIN WERE claiming him to be the title winner......

I disagree. People are far too quick to jump all over players when things aren’t coming off for them. If people post on an Internet forum an opinion that turns out to be miles off it then they deserve to be called out. There are a fair few on this thread that have embarrassed themselves.

Posters embarrassing themselves on here isn't new though, FF is full of folk who have next to little knowledge of football.

So the need to bump threads proving that point is of little value IMO.

I'd rather have him than Kamara. He has his limitations but hes got heart. I say this as not his greatest fan tbh.

Back