Scott Arfield

der_hammer10

The team as a whole has struggled since January.

But Scott Arfield is now one of the first names on the team sheet for me. He has showed a goal threat in recent games. And tonight, like in previous games since the season restarted he has been the one player to show the press that we need the whole team to show as a collective.

He was getting in the faces of players and getting his foot in, in the middle of the park where we really needed it.

Ironically when things were going well in the first half of the season, Arfield was seriously getting it in the neck for not contributing and “needing a rest”. I was constantly saying it.

Chuffed for him, because he’s working hard for the team, and hopefully he is rewarded along with his team mates come the end of the season.

Arfield has been our best and most consistent player in 2020. While many have been struggling, his form and attitude have been great.

He was doing a lot of the work in midfield - without him we'd have been totally bypassing that part of the pitch at times. He break up play was excellent and he very rarely wastes a pass. He had a very good game - in fact, he has been very good the last couple of games previous to this one too.

With Jack out he is an absolute must. Not afraid to get stuck right in.

Hagi & Arfield were the brightest players as their team mates collapsed
Thank %^*& !!!

But Scott Arfield is now one of the first names on the team sheet for me. He has showed a goal threat in recent games. And tonight, like in previous games since the season restarted he has been the one player to show the press that we need the whole team to show as a collective.

He was getting in the faces of players and getting his foot in, in the middle of the park where we really needed it.

Ironically when things were going well in the first half of the season, Arfield was seriously getting it in the neck for not contributing and “needing a rest”. I was constantly saying it.

Chuffed for him, because he’s working hard for the team, and hopefully he is rewarded along with his team mates come the end of the season.
Absolutely agree, he has been superb

MOTM for me tonight. He’s been consistent since the start of the year just gutted he never gave us another great goal tonight

Agree Hammer. He had a really vital performance tonight. Very under rated player because he keeps the game simple & plays for the team, not himself.

Mom for 90 mins.

I said last week I think Arfield and Hagi are carrying us at the minute and that’s what I saw again tonight, with added brilliance from Aribo. I still have concerns about our system currently.

Him and Haji best players on park

He cares, some think they care but they'll never truly know.
Well done Scott, can we see him as a solo false nine next week?

He was possibly the only player with pass marks in the first half.

Great to see he’s hitting form.

I'd suggest the gaffer handled Scott's off the park personal matters professionally + compassionately. Which resonated with "Kapten Canada" + now that he's back to 100%, he's repaying SG's faith....

L

he’s been very good - and for his performances have been excellent recently and I’m not sure you can say that about many others

He was off form at the start of the year but has now returned to the form he showed in the 2nd half of last year, just hope the rest of the team get the lift we all did from last nights result and do likewise

Strange season so far - he was poor first few months, same with Tav. Wasn’t a huge issue as we were winning most weeks.its just bizarre that both have improved but the teams got worse.

I’m hoping the second half last night has given us the lift we needed to kick on.

What’s your point.

Hi Mucker.

You and Means had a heated debate about Scotty in s previous thread. Gif natured but passionate.

I agreed with some of your points though:

Is he good enough to assist this team to do serious league damage? He's good.. But is he good enough?

Agree he worked hard last night but a few of his interceptions were not clean or complete. But he was a warrior which we did need.

At two nil down, he was closing the ball down and getting physical with whoever he was tackling. Played his socks off tonight. Well done Arfield!
Shame he wasn’t more switched on at the first goal but other than that he is one of the mainstay player’s in the squad

Back