Scott Arfield

Goes to show we don’t all understand players are human and dark times have a massive impact on performance. However much anyone believes none of that should matter when they pull on the jersey, it’s the reality of life. Personal issues behind him and he’s showing the real top player he can be once again. Deserves to be there on merit to lift 55. A very important player for us.

Been outstanding. A lot of those posts in August were obviously on the basis of a bit of poor form which was due in part to whatever personal issues he was dealing with last season.

He has got some strength of character.

Great to see a player really fight for his place in the team, he deserves the jersey at the moment.

I think the manger will know best what to to with Scott and when. Not sure why people keep starting threads questioning our squad in the middle of the season.
Some posters just can’t handle positivity and try to drag us bag with negative nonsense like this.

I started reading this thread and thought surely this is a joke, then i noticed the date. :D
Scotty has definitely upped his game this season, as have all of the team. I think he's pretty much a guaranteed starter for SG these days.

I think the manger will know best what to to with Scott and when. Not sure why people keep starting threads questioning our squad in the middle of the season.
Some posters just can’t handle positivity and try to drag us bag with negative nonsense like this.
Ignored the fact this thread is months old then mate?

Played in the Gold cup in the Summer 2019 and thus never had a break for nearly 2 years.

The extended break has certainly benefited him.

Love Scotty struts about the park like he owns it & puts the lego eater in his place. He knows what Rangers are all about. Great athlete covers every blade of grass.

What a season Scotty is having. I think his versatility across the whole midfield box to box is really showing this year.

Previously we'd have played 2/3 holders in there and that stops us penetrating around the opposition box but you can leave a holder out put Arfield in and he'll create, work with and go beyond the strikers where needed, as well as getting back and putting the tackle in.

One of many PoTY candidates?

Think some need to steady on

When this thread was created it was fair to say Arfield had a mixed season last year.

He started awful so much so plenty on here blamed it on the international games he played in the summer and folk wanted him to chuck it

He came on to a game in January whilst the rest of the team went the opposite way and were rotten.

This season he’s started superbly as have 99% of our squad.

But it’s early days in the season. We’re still only a few results and bad performances away from this team being labelled bottle merchants, mince etc.

When this thread was created it was fair to say Arfield had a mixed season last year.

He started awful so much so plenty on here blamed it on the international games he played in the summer and folk wanted him to chuck it

He came on to a game in January whilst the rest of the team went the opposite way and were rotten.

But it’s early days in the season. We’re still only a few results and bad performances away from this team being labelled bottle merchants, mince etc.

He was brutal at times last season. It felt like whenever he got the ball the next touch was always from an opposition player. He’s had patches of excellent form and patches of outright poor form for us (I think he was one of the few to put in some credible performances towards the “end” of last season). Given form has traditionally been patchy and it’s only November I’d have waited before bumping the thread and giving it “I told ye so” otherwise you run the risk of looking like an idiot like the majority did last time out when they had 55 in the bag in late December.

Plenty in here said he would be a bit part player this season and they have been proved wrong already. He is a part of our strongest 11 at the moment. Long may it continue.

Obviously he'll be well retired by the 2026 Canada / USA world cup.
Such a shame once in a blue moon opportunity for players in a Team like Canada

Last edited:
Him not playing what seemed like an absurd number of international matches in far flung locations for Canada has clearly started to bear fruit. He seems to be in tremendous condition, as does the rest of the squad

at no time do we look like we are blowing out our arseholes and often looks like we can step up a gear if need be. Arfield is included in that, still think he can raise it another level when the chips are down.

Yas!

Plenty in here said he would be a bit part player this season and they have been proved wrong already. He is a part of our strongest 11 at the moment. Long may it continue.

It’s only November - 6 months left of the season therefore those including myself that predicted he’d be a bit part player, could yet be correct

The whole team has clearly performed well so far but for me Arfield even at that, has been up near the top performers this season. I think he's got a huge part to play.
Based on current form, and that is all that matters in the life of a footballer, I agree he has been up near the top of the performers in the squad this season. He has a superb drive and attitude just now. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and you can see he is loving it.

The difference in comments from the start of this thread up to this point is insane!
FF at its bi polar best.
I've always been a big Arfield fan but playing in the Gold Cup with Canada last summer really knackered him.
We're reaping the benefit now of him not flying all over the world playing for them.
He is currently one of our top performers and will imo continue to play a huge role for us this season

He's really surprised me this year, his first touch was really pretty shocking through large parts of last season. Reliably shocking tbh.

Hes in great form just now. The stuff about now having s break in two years, personal problems and travelling regularly around the world makes sense to me (as an explanation).

He is a good squad player and has gone up a notch this season, is enjoying his football when he gets the chance to play and a great personality to have around the team. What is there not to like?

It’s only November - 6 months left of the season therefore those including myself that predicted he’d be a bit part player, could yet be correct
A bigger man would say well Scott Arfield has proved me wrong and is playing some superb stuff.

I would think all of our players especially in the midfield will play a similar amount of games the way we rotate and i dont think anyone is thinking "%^*& sake Scott airfield is in"

He fucking loves it as well

Really like Arfield a lot, but he’s another player I just can’t envisage being a regular starter in a title winning side. Forms up and down way too often. Heard folk say he was great at times last season, which is true, only sad part is like much of the rest of them, he was also brutal at times, too many games where he couldn’t even get the first touch right never mind a pass.
Imo..Arfield will still be an important player for us next season

He really has been great for us this year. I think in bygone times he may have been a bit tired with the internationals and the heavy relying on him. No surprise our run in form has gone hand in hand with him performing so well. He offers us something no other midfielder does and on his day is magnificent. Saying that our whole starting 11 hitting form at the same team has been a thing of beauty.

He’s been tremendous this season and we’re reaping the rewards from his decision to pack in international football.
Has he packed it in though? He didn’t confirm that when asked about it last month saying that it was up to the Canada manager.

Back