Scott Arfield

It’s only November - 6 months left of the season therefore those including myself that predicted he’d be a bit part player, could yet be correct
I hate the hindsight hero's whenever a prediction goes badly wrong.
You've got to give guys credit for having the balls to have their own opinion. Especially when it is saved in interworld until the end of time.

With that in mind I admire your decision to double down on your prediction, that's next level balls.
Even though, (with the benefit of said hindsight) I can't see your prediction bearing fruit.

Arfield embodies everything I want to see in a Rangers player everytime he goes on the park.

He gives it 100% and plays everysingle game like its a Cup Final.

Im absolutely loving watching him right now.

Players feed off this. It helps drive the team forward. The Captain is another. Long may it continue.

Arfield and Davis will be cover for injury/suspension and to give the regular starters a rest, very good cover to have.
This, to me, is the perfect summation, other than including Davis.
To be able to fall back on a player like Arfield to give Jack, Aribo or Kamara a rest is brilliant.
I do think Davis will start a lot more than he’ll be cover for though.

If Arfield has a burst of pace he would be a top class player.

Love his ability to run beyond the forwards and get himself into the box to score goals.

Arfield had some family issues last season which had serious impact on his life.
Affected him deeply, SG mentioned it. Club and players helped him through it and we have seen the benefit of looking after our own.

Well lots of people saying he wouldn’t be part of a title winning side and he wouldn’t play a part this season. He has featured in every game and is in our best 11 as things stand.

He isn’t part of a title winning side though, this place has went absolutely nuts over the past couple of weeks. There’s enjoying good form and a nice lead and then there’s absolute delusion and getting carried away less than half way into the season.

He isn’t part of a title winning side though, this place has went absolutely nuts over the past couple of weeks. There’s enjoying good form and a nice lead and then there’s absolute delusion and getting carried away less than half way into the season.
I am aware, I am just merely making the point that for anyone to write him off as not being good enough for us is way off the mark.

I am aware, I am just merely making the point that for anyone to write him off as not being good enough for us is way off the mark.
I mean he’s certainly good enough to be in the squad and I’ve always liked Arfield. At present he is well worth his place in the first 11, my only concern has been patchy form (I really did think it became tough watching him at points last season but then maybe there was legitimate burnout due to Canada games) but if he can maintain his current form then we’re laughing.

Back