Scott Brown blasted by Rangers hero Colin Hendry who calls Aberdeen captain’s antics a ‘Robbie Savage stint’

BlueMeanie

FORMER Scotland and Rangers captain Colin Hendry has launched an astonishing attack on Aberdeen skipper Scott Brown - comparing him to the controversy-seeking Robbie Savage.
Brown has been in the headlines this week for his wind-up antics during Aberdeen's 1-1 draw against Rangers, particularly in the wake of Ryan Kent's sending off.

Scott Brown's winding up of Ryan Kent infuriated Colin HendryCredit: Sky Sports
He was also seen getting under the skin of Light Blues skipper James Tavernier.
Hendry took aim at the 36-year-old and insists his actions are not those befitting of someone who wears the armband.
As he listed an illustrious list of former Celtic and Aberdeen captains, Hendry claimed none of them would act the way Brown did on Tuesday night.
Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Football Breakfast Show, he said: "That's not what captains do.
"What he's done, he's done it before with [Alfredo] and he's done it with Ryan Kent.
"Okay, listen. Billy McNeil, Paul McStay, Murdo MacLeod, Tom Boyd, the greatest Aberdeen captain Willie Miller - I know it's a different era but would you see them do that?

"Would you really honestly see them do that?
"Now what I'm saying is, if you want do it, I've not got a problem.
"There are players within the game and the teams that I played in who will do that, but take the armband off and hand it to someone else.
"Then go and do your Robbie Savage stint."

Well said and spot on from hendry. He clearly isn't looking for a gig at the BBC long term.

Regarding Brown.. he is an embarrassment of a footballer that's benefited in this country due to there being absolutely no competition for most of his bheast career. As soon as a strong rangers side appeared , one that was capable of challenging him and his wee paedophile pal their careers were over.

Thing is, we've lost 4 valuable points to the cants. His stupid antics are least of our problem vs them.

Sorry but Miller and Aitken done much worse to get our players sent off…
They literally hounded referees

didn't really need all those words, all you need is "he's a dick and a fraud" and it would have been much better

I would not be surprised if calling Brown a fraud would get under his skin as it always seems to do with scum supporters when you mention their "trophies" over the last decade or so

I really wish everyone would just stop talking about Scott Brown
I agree. The papers, pundits, pricks etc are all talking about 'Broony' getting into our heads. That is a load of balls. After all, we have lived with all the shit about 'That's Scott Brown, it's what he does' for about 15 years.
We aren't even complaining about how he has been a protected species who would never get away with what he does in any other league. Neither are we declaring 'war on referees' as many are saying
we are objecting (all be it several years too late) to one particular blatantly cheating referee. Of course, the media will never put the proper context on this.

giving this prick too much attention now. Was better when we just humiliated him last season. Just embarrass the haddie on the park and he will lose the plot.
This post nails it. Thought we’d seen/heard the last of this idiot last season. But in both games against the sheep this season we haven’t turned up and he has had the opportunity to rub our noses in it. This needs to be sorted out

If that game was refereed by a Spanish ref Peado face wouldn't have made it to half time. Clancy=any team every team except Rangers.

Brown is not a hard man, doesn't have the qualities to be a team Captain and was never even a good player in my opinion.

He's a mix of being a clown and pantomime villain who craves attention (the shaved head before playing us, his drama with refs, his barging players behind the officials backs and then his histrionics when impeded or fouled).

The media have put him on a platform as the filth have but he's as much a disgrace to the game as they are.

Brown is not a hard man, doesn't have the qualities to be a team Captain and was never even a good player in my opinion.

He's a mix of being a clown and pantomime villain who craves attention (the shaved head before playing us, his drama with refs, his barging players behind the officials backs and then his histrionics when impeded or fouled).

The media have put him on a platform as the filth have but he's as much a disgrace to the game as they are.
He has a screw loose. He's definitely got some kind of low level mental disorder.

Isuggest that we be quiet about mr Brown, he will do something tottally bizzare that will make the league get completely fed up with him. Aberdeen has a lot to answer for by not schooling their captain on conduct. It is a football match not a circus and he is making amockery out of it. He will get his reward.

Brown has been getting away with a different level of supervision from Scottish officials for years.
This is encouraged and even celebrated by his pals in the press boxes.
Totally epitomised by his cantering around the park on Tuesday barging into opposition players without any interference from the onlooking officials.

It was a disgrace and a stain on Scottish football.
He is especially thuggish in his approach to younger players where he basically gets away with intimidating them.
The pathetic outcome of this nastiness is that he is lauded for his gamesmanship and given credit for his artfulness by a cretinous fourth estate.

The stupidity of this clueless parcel of thick journalists is their failure to notice that Brown made no impact in European or international football, where proper officialdom curtailed and neutered his behavior.
He captained the worst Scotland side in history and did absolutely fckall in a Filth team guaranteed season after season of free hits at the champions league.
His career is bloated by a one-horse race towards winning prizes in Scotland.

Tuesday should actually be the high waterline of this arrogant malefactor.
Time to call a day on this running sore scarring the face of our game.

Brown has been getting away with a different level of supervision from Scottish officials for years.
This is encouraged and even celebrated by his pals in the press boxes.
Totally epitomised by his cantering around the park on Tuesday barging into opposition players without any interference from the onlooking officials.

It was a disgrace and a stain on Scottish football.
He is especially thuggish in his approach to younger players where he basically gets away with intimidating them.
The pathetic outcome of this nastiness is that he is lauded for his gamesmanship and given credit for his artfulness by a cretinous fourth estate.

The stupidity of this clueless parcel of thick journalists is their failure to notice that Brown made no impact in European or international football, where proper officialdom curtailed and neutered his behavior.
He captained the worst Scotland side in history and did absolutely fckall in a Filth team guaranteed season after season of free hits at the champions league.
His career is bloated by a one-horse race towards winning prizes in Scotland.

Tuesday should actually be the high waterline of this arrogant malefactor.
Time to call a day on this running sore scarring the face of our game.
He got away with holding his face when he studded Morelos who had pushed him in the chest ,he should have been cited for that but no he got plaudits for it .

giving this prick too much attention now. Was better when we just humiliated him last season. Just embarrass the haddie on the park and he will lose the plot.
No, not for me.
I know he and his ilk are beyond embarrassment and the referees that are supposed to uphold the laws of the game are sh1t scared to do their jobs.
I know that the compliance officer resorts to type and returns to being Separate Entity FC’s compliant officer (this is where they are a separate entity and are separate from the rest of us when decency and implementing the laws of the game are the topics).
However, for me, it’s a case of even just one more person can see the obvious favouritism one player has, it’s good by me.

Why didnt either of the two linesmen flag the ref when Brown body checked our players?

He got away with holding his face when he studded Morelos who had pushed him in the chest ,he should have been cited for that but no he got plaudits for it .

Look at the press reaction to TLB getting a coin bounced off his jacket. He collapsed holding his face and not a word was said or written. Imagine this was a Rangers' manager.

Press propaganda.

'Astonishing' :rolleyes:

Can't help themselves when confronted by the truth, can they?
Even when great players, respected players, are used as a comparison, the press go into protective mode.
Question, if Brown’s behaviour is correct, why didn’t McNeill or Aitken or Miller invent it?

I blame the club, they should have been spitting feathers at the audacious level of cheating displayed in that encounter.
They should have asked why Brown wasn't cited?
They should have demanded answers why this was somehow applauded as acceptable behavior and why the rules no longer applied?

Instead, silence!

As for the press, it summed up why Scotland had become the diddies of the international game falling behind other countries', many with much smaller populations.

A supposed hard man who feigns injury and sneaks behind the referee's back to goad opponents.

I really wish he could have played just once against a peak John Brown, Ian Ferguson or Graeme Souness!

A supposed hard man who feigns injury and sneaks behind the referee's back to goad opponents.

I really wish he could have played just once against a peak John Brown, Ian Ferguson or Graeme Souness!
Souness would have looked at him in the tunnel and that would have ended matters.
One look is all it would have taken.

FORMER Scotland and Rangers captain Colin Hendry has launched an astonishing attack on Aberdeen skipper Scott Brown - comparing him to the controversy-seeking Robbie Savage.
Brown has been in the headlines this week for his wind-up antics during Aberdeen's 1-1 draw against Rangers, particularly in the wake of Ryan Kent's sending off.

Scott Brown's winding up of Ryan Kent infuriated Colin HendryCredit: Sky Sports
He was also seen getting under the skin of Light Blues skipper James Tavernier.
Hendry took aim at the 36-year-old and insists his actions are not those befitting of someone who wears the armband.
As he listed an illustrious list of former Celtic and Aberdeen captains, Hendry claimed none of them would act the way Brown did on Tuesday night.
Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Football Breakfast Show, he said: "That's not what captains do.
"What he's done, he's done it before with [Alfredo] and he's done it with Ryan Kent.
"Okay, listen. Billy McNeil, Paul McStay, Murdo MacLeod, Tom Boyd, the greatest Aberdeen captain Willie Miller - I know it's a different era but would you see them do that?

"Would you really honestly see them do that?
"Now what I'm saying is, if you want do it, I've not got a problem.
"There are players within the game and the teams that I played in who will do that, but take the armband off and hand it to someone else.
"Then go and do your Robbie Savage stint."
To be fair to broon all piss poor players wind up good players.

Back