Scott Brown: Celtic still a 'fantastic team' who can win 10th straight title

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was a normal Captain of a normal team I would say, yes, good on him for remaining positive. But he's not and they're not.
Just do it Rangers and destroy them mentally for years to come.

He isn't totally wrong. They are a good team who have underperformed and very dangerous. Can't see them dropping many points in the run in.
As for winning the title, tough for them but not impossible and if we don't start scoring a few more goals it could become very nervy.
Hopefully this is just our slump and we can get torn into teams like we were in October and November.

He isn't totally wrong. They are a good team who have underperformed and very dangerous. Can't see them dropping many points in the run in.
As for winning the title, tough for them but not impossible and if we don't start scoring a few more goals it could become very nervy.
Hopefully this is just our slump and we can get torn into teams like we were in October and November.

They got pumped out of Europe twice and trail us by 21 points in January.

They have some good players, but they are not a "good team" by any definition.

"We know that we can keep winning games and that's what we have to do to put pressure on our rivals."

6 wins in their last 20 games yet mongo comes away with this shite!!
Ano mate, next it will be duffer saying he's one of the best defenders in our league. . . I'm not sure about covid but I'm certain they all came back fae Dubai wi feckhin rabies.

They got pumped out of Europe twice and trail us by 21 points in January.

They have some good players, but they are not a "good team" by any definition.
I still think they are a good team. They create loads of chances and scored against strong teams in Europe. It was their defense that cost them games.
Not going to be put under as much pressure from most teams in our league so we can't write them off no matter how much fun it can be.

If this wasn't such an important season we would quite rightly be running it in more and not be too worried about us dropping points but you can see we don't have the confidence from previous wins to allow us to play with more freedom.

With their games in hand plus 2 against us it is potentially 6pts so we need to not get carried away, yet :)

I still think they are a good team. They create loads of chances and scored against strong teams in Europe. It was their defense that cost them games.
Not going to be put under as much pressure from most teams in our league so we can't write them off no matter how much fun it can be.

If this wasn't such an important season we would quite rightly be running it in more and not be too worried about us dropping points but you can see we don't have the confidence from previous wins to allow us to play with more freedom.

With their games in hand plus 2 against us it is potentially 6pts so we need to not get carried away, yet :)
With the two old firm games its potentially 27

He's hardly gonna come out and say "listen this bunch of players are fuckin rotten and I'm past it"

Lennon’s creative tactics will see him starting games again. Clearly some form of rallying cry, weak at best.

No they never, ferensvaros, Lille Sparta Prague are 3rd rate European teams.

they will drop more points than we do in the remaining games and we have a huge lead already.

No they never, ferensvaros, Lille Sparta Prague are 3rd rate European teams.

they will drop more points than we do in the remaining games and we have a huge lead already.

I disagree but Hope you are right. Milan weren't a bad team and wouldn't say the others were 3rd rate although definitely below our opposition in Europe.
On our day we are slightly better with a more organised team but we are severely lacking an in form striker and don't have the confidence that winning titles brings.
Morelos is playing decent for the team but hardly scoring this season and the end of last. Roofe and Itten can score but maybe don't offer enough to build our style of play so tough to judge for Gerrard.

So in the last 7 days Kennedy said Duffy had to miss the hibs game due to leaving their bubble and having to self isolate, Lennon, via shared airbuds, picks and plays him in the Hibs game he was due to miss anyway, Lawwell then apologised for Dubai, Lennon said they'd done nothing wrong in Dubai and apologies weren't necessary, then conceded that the title was probably beyond them this year the second he escaped the minibar, now their captain has came out and said the 10 is still on. They are clearly united, all on the same page and are about to win all 17 of their remaining games. I've changed my mind, I'm now with the quietly terrified guy from a few pages back, they will win all their games including both against us and it's only a 6 point lead we have. We are going to blow this! B-)

Just listened to the BBC sportsound podcast and they had his full zoom conference. He would not answer a question where he was asked if he had a message for the Celtic support. BBC said the club edited it out for their YouTube channel.

This is great news for us.
If this doesn’t give our players some incentive to turn things up against Ross County then nothing will.
Complacency is our biggest enemy.
Comments such as this from Brown will kill off any complacency.
I’d like to see us comfortably beat Ross county by 2 clear goals and a clean sheet
That’s what we focus on

They haven't won a game in 3 games. Where is his confidence coming from or has he got a bit of Lego stuck up his nose jabbing his brain?

Also, excellent point above - so the Celtic captain is admitting that it's not impossible to win the league with that point deficit?

Lego is obviously not the brightest, but he is the mentally challenged Captain, what do people realistically expect him to say?!

It's not in C@ltics hands whether they win another tainted title or not it's in our hands and we won't be giving away anything easily.
Every game is a tough one right now but champions win the tough ones let's hope our guys are all up for it.

After Lennon's rant the previous day about not allowing anyone from that club to talk to Sky, I listened to this press conference to see if anyone from Sky was on the call and I'm sure Charles Paterson asked a question.

Presumably Lennon's wings have been clipped a wee bit.

2nd bravest guy in football , with a sleekit elbow on a young boy , deliberately tried to injure him, at least Collum had the balls to send him off for it . Scum bag of a man

2nd bravest guy in football , with a sleekit elbow on a young boy , deliberately tried to injure him, at least Collum had the balls to send him off for it . Scum bag of a man

Wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie, O, what a pannic's in thy breastie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back