Scott Brown: Celtic still a 'fantastic team' who can win 10th straight title

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigTAM weeTAM

Celtic are still a "fantastic team" and have not given up on winning a 10th successive Scottish Premiership title, captain Scott Brown says.

The skipper was among 13 players who had to isolate following Christopher Jullien's positive Covid-19 test after the club's Dubai training camp.
Depleted Celtic - also without manager Neil Lennon - drew both matches in the players' absence and trail Rangers by 21 points with three games in hand.

"We always have the faith," Brown said.

"We've always got that positivity. We know that we can keep winning games and that's what we have to do to put pressure on our rivals.

"Yeah, I don't see why not [winning the league is still achievable]. We believe that it is, but we need to make sure we win every single game now."

Lennon, Brown and the other isolating players - except one who has also tested positive - return for Wednesday's match away to Livingston as Celtic seek a first win in four outings.

"Isolation was hard, seeing the lads playing and not everyone being able to help them out," said Brown, who sidestepped questions about the club's protocols in Dubai.

The 35-year-old "can't put his finger on" why there has been such a big drop-off in standards at Celtic this season.

As well as their title deficit, Neil Lennon's men have been knocked out of Europe twice and eliminated from the Scottish League Cup, although they did complete last season's quadruple treble with victory in the rescheduled Scottish Cup final.

"We're still there, we're still trying," Brown said. "We still believe we're a fantastic team, but we just need to make sure we keep showing it in games."

Brown has lost his place in midfield to Ivorian Ismaila Soro, who has started six of the last seven games, and the skipper added: "It is fine. Soro has done fantastic and he is a great lad.

"I have played 60 games for the last 14/15 seasons. For me, it is about trying to help Soro out as much as I can because he is still young. I am here for the gaffer whenever he needs me."

We need our players to believe this as much as the Celtic players (should) do. No letting up because of Lennon's bi-polar outbursts or Keevins or English's opinions.

Thought covid caused high temperature, breathlessness and loss of taste and smell?

Didn’t know it gives you dementia.

I have no problem with them thinking they can still win the league. What else is he going to say?

It's up to us to put our foot on their throats and end it once and for all.
Exactly..we need to get to the point where it is impossible for them to win it. :))

Probably just saying that because of the bad optics of a Celtic captain conceding in January but aye, we'd have to monumentally bottle it for them to genuinely believe 10IAR is back on. For an insanely average player he hasn't half been spoiled with titles and trophies; largely as a result of our downfall. They were wanting him gone during our 3IAR stint under Walter I'm sure.

Probably just saying that because of the bad optics of a Celtic captain conceding in January but aye, we'd have to monumentally bottle it for them to genuinely believe 10IAR is back on. For an insanely average player he hasn't half been spoiled with titles and trophies; largely as a result of our downfall. They were wanting him gone during our 3IAR stint under Walter I'm sure.
Thats why winning last Sunday was huge. Had we done it that was the final nail

tenor.gif

So he thinks they can still win it, fair enough under normal circumstances, however my issue with that shit is last season when we were 13 points behind with a game in hand which was a slightly better position than they are in now he was one of the first shouting for the title to be handed to them when the league was shut down.
Remember all the shit about how they couldn’t be caught.

on that basis mongo can go %^*& himself

I have no problem with them thinking they can still win the league. What else is he going to say?

It's up to us to put our foot on their throats and end it once and for all.

That’s how I see it. If they don’t think they can turn it round, what’s the point in football?

Our fans still thought we had a slim chance when they were handed it last season via email. It’s ours to lose but he’s hardly going to write off their chances

An absolute cretin of the highest order.
Much like his manager, he’s tanned the full bottle of deludamol and turned the idiot dial up to 11.

Sometimes it’s better to say nothing.

If I was rangers manager I’d be pinning all of these pathetic statements up on the dressing room wall and then tell the players to focus on humiliating these cretins even further and killing the season dead before they get any hopes up.

Their faux Irish “ten” is dead and has been for some time, Lego, so get used to it. Your a fraud, youve always been one and you’ll retire a fraud.

Thats why winning last Sunday was huge. Had we done it that was the final nail
All this hypothetical stuff. You can look at it all sorts of ways. IF they had won on Saturday then a win for us would have left us just where we are now. They didn't. Put it this way, on current form logic dictates that we are more likely to win our remaining games than they are.

We aren't playing at our best but we've dropped just two points. Suddenly there's almost an air of panic about the place. Why for goodness sake? I'm certainly not one for saying its all over yet. I did say if we won all our games in January we would be more or less there though. Clearly we've dropped two points - but the Dhims have dropped seven. Win our next two and they will need multiple snookers. Even if they win their next two. Games are running out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back