Scott Brown has been chasing shadows all season

How soon they turn on their own.

Three seasons ago he was up there with the captains of all time.

Reality will show he was a ned, a dud and a player who could lord it over never wases and shown up against decent players.

The most overhyped yahoo ever, and that's saying something.
They always seem to take back the "hero" status when a player leaves them. I can't stand broon, but septic supporters are the biggest bunch of self entitled bastards on the planet.

This clown has been taking cash from them for years, should have went to Ibrox when he had the chance all those years ago, he would never have been aloud to do what he does at the shitpit, still I am pleased he chose them over us, whey back in the mist of time.

If he is that bad, why didn't they just play the other midfielder, Soro?

He is obviously struggling against his body, and quite a few of those clips were probably him trying to put his team on the front foot by nipping the ball in high areas, which we see Kamara do a lot.
Plan B would be to foul the player to stop the attack. (Which seems to be the stage Soro usually gets to).
He was never the fastest thinker, like a Davis, so his body losing that speed to get there has killed his game.

A prime example of a player being picked on reputation by an incompetent manager. Sir Alex knew when it was time to drop or get rid of a player, Keane, Neville, Beckham etc. Brown, thankfully, was kept on for at least 2 years more than he should have.
When they beat us 2-1 at their place when Alfie was red carded we bossed them in the second half with 10 men. That day Kent grew up and realised he owned Brown.

He’s always lacked positional discipline and that’s why he’s looked shite in Europe and for Scotland. Got away with it to some degree in Scotland because he is given free reign to leave a bit on an opponent, this taking them out of the game. But I’ve said for years that’s been his entire game, running around like a headless chicken kicking people

On another point, they got upset when Gerrard said Kent played in him as a weak link. Will they get upset at their own for this?

Him and Kevin Thompson were a decent partnership in midfield at Hibs but once he went to the piggery he became a Peter Grant clone just pointing and kicking anything that moved.
The sign of any good player is that they can adjust their game to suit once the legs start to go a wee bit eg Ian Durrant and Ian Ferguson with us back in the 90's but he is like the guy at 5 a side who cant keep up with the younger guys and resorts to kicking.
The only time I remember being impressed with him was on the right side of midfield for Scotland and he was essentially just covering Hutton going forward.

Im surprised that he didnt try to go over to Australia to see out his days if he is still desperate to play. If Glass is saying hell play him then surely youve got an issue right there as surely aberdeen have better in midfield.

Hugh Keevins was going through the aberdeen signing yesterday and he said that brown was an excellent signing. That baffles me. As a player? No chance. As a member of the coaching staff? I guess time will tell.

Two sayings sum him up.

'A big fish in a small pond'
Away from the SPFL (and in it) he was regularly shown up. Couldn't hack it out of his comfort zone. Did another club ever come in for him?

"Pride cometh before a fall"
Liked to lord it without basis or anything to back up. The swaggering. Remember his antics with El Hadji Diouf and puffing himself up like a bodybuilder, against the sheep I think it was. All his blabbering in the media without a hint of trying to avoid hubris or crowing.
From there to being nutmegged by a guy he had ridiculed, riled and sneered at, before getting hauled off after getting turned inside out for about the 10th time. Scuttled off the pitch without any ceremony, swaggering or chest thumping. leaves celtic like a rat jumping ship, ridicule ringing in his ears, and ultimate failure.

An overrated plastic hardman and snide with it.

Last edited:
He has never been very good. Over hyped by the Scottish media when up against zero competition. Anonymous when we had thomo, Fergie and Hemdani, lorded it over weaker players such as Ian black, hyndman etc and now normal service resumed. He cannot compete with our midfield, simples B-D B-)

He is an extremely average footballer.

You can see that, as no team has ever bid on him and the puddle drinkers only ever valued him at the over price they paid for him.

He is, simply put! A footballing troll, that is what he has strived on.

He is, was and always will be below average.

Two sayings sum him up.

'A big fish in a small pond'
Away from the SPFL (and in it) he was regularly shown up. Couldn't hack it out of his comfort zone. Did another club ever come in for him?

"Pride cometh before a fall"
Liked to lord it without basis or anything to back up. The swaggering. Remember his antics with El Hadji Diouf and puffing himself up like a bodybuilder, against the sheep I think it was. All his blabbering in the media without a hint of trying to avoid hubris or crowing.
From there to being nutmegged by a guy he had ridiculed, riled and sneered at, before getting hauled off after getting turned inside out for about the 10th time. Scuttled off the pitch without any ceremony, swaggering or chest thumping. leaves celtic like a rat jumping ship, ridicule ringing in his ears, and ultimate failure.

An overrated plastic hardman and snide with it.

100% on the money.

A prime example of a player being picked on reputation by an incompetent manager. Sir Alex knew when it was time to drop or get rid of a player, Keane, Neville, Beckham etc. Brown, thankfully, was kept on for at least 2 years more than he should have.
When they beat us 2-1 at their place when Alfie was red carded we bossed them in the second half with 10 men. That day Kent grew up and realised he owned Brown.
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils summed it up best, in Jackie Blue.

'Ask a winner and you'll probably find.
Ooh, Jackie, they've lost at some time.'

The no mark who is Tom English called it 'rope-a-dope.'

Still no explanation from him for last week's cry at the ref for Alfie and his tears cameo.

Mr English, we've know all along who the dope is. Just a pity you as a journalist didn't have the professional integrity and nous to see the signs.

''An overrated plastic hardman and snide with it.''

Could you imagine Roberts, Brown or Ian Ferguson up against that fraud? How funny would that have been?

As for that tit v Souness?

As the old joke goes. It would be half a battle, but you have to bear in mind, Souness has just turned 68!

The most overhyped yahoo and over decorated Scottish footballer in history.

The media and some pundits have put him in the position of being a top player, but truth be told hes an average player.
If he was that good why was there never any rumours of teams ( not that I heard ) coming in for him.
They have also spouted that hes a legend.... for me that's a kick in the nuts for true legends of Scottish Football.

Surely he'll barely play for the sheep next season?

Could be some calamities if he does, especially when they come up against us.

None of that is new. Against decent opposition, he’s always been found out.

However I’ll be honest, there’s a lot in that clip that’s nonsense and it’s using examples of things which isn’t the case or always his fault. Just calling it as I see it.

Agreed in many cases he is dragged wide covering full backs and leaving the middle of the park open as his role will be to cover full backs bombing on. Or in some clips if he didn’t go try press and win the ball he would be castigated for being too negative and not engaging.

Just looked like an old player with questionable legs in a underperforming team to me.

His attempted tackle on Messi a few years back summed him up. He looked like a fool.

If he is that bad, why didn't they just play the other midfielder, Soro?

He is obviously struggling against his body, and quite a few of those clips were probably him trying to put his team on the front foot by nipping the ball in high areas, which we see Kamara do a lot.
Plan B would be to foul the player to stop the attack. (Which seems to be the stage Soro usually gets to).
He was never the fastest thinker, like a Davis, so his body losing that speed to get there has killed his game.

Because he's absolutely pish as well.

The myth they've created around Brown though played a factor in their decision making.

That is rather funny and clearly Scott Brown has been exposed as the fraud we all knew he was.

However in the CM point he’s right for the wrong reason in that he’s often well out of position but not because of Scott Brown, just because he doesnt appear to know what he’s meant to be doing. The sight of him and Duffy trying to make the same tackle / block as Celt!c concede yet another calamitous goals in an underrated highlight of this season.

It’s almost as though the team isn’t coached properly.

Our media have been obsessed with him for way too long. The most overrated player in Scotland for a long time.

Can’t remember the last time I watched Scotland but has he ever done anything with Scotland?
Has he captained them?
Can’t be arsed Googling, cider is going down well

That photo of him on their Adidas "Not For Second Best" ad from the beginning of the season tells you all you need to know about the state they're in. He looked like something from a 1990s anti-drug poster you'd see in a doctors clinic

He’s like a oil tanker turning, lost it along time ago. Seems unable to read read the game. glass and broon dream team. hahahahaha

He had a free go of it for years,when,we stepped up the anti,he was rudderless.FACT.
An imposter who taunted our poor teams.Suffer ya fkng sausage.

The guy’s put a lot of effort into the video but could have saved a hell of a lot of time by just tweeting “he’s pish”
Makes my thoughts worse for him then.
I thought his days of being the fans darling are long gone and it’s worse if, as you suggest, they’re making stuff up to prove a point.

Hemdani and Barry would have molded him into our midfield.

Went to the filth and Hartley and Robson played.

Agreed mate.

One particular bit Kent sells him 2 step overs and goes past, it’s not a lazy tackle he was simply skinned. They have it in their head Brown is a lot to blame. Of course he has always been overhyped but a lot of the time he is out of position in these clips it’s due to having no faith in the other players to dig in.

Kent will need to release him from his pocket so he can get up to Aberdeen.
The sheep will have to pay a ‘release’ fee.

I was thinking how many of our goals against them have involved him being made to look a clown, going back to Barrie McKay’s in 2016.

Millers goal earlier in that same game was Brown sticking a leg out and directing it behind himself and right into Kennys path

And this is by no means defending Brown, who is pish, but you could make a reel up like that for any player, regardless of how good he is. Looks like some kid who fancies himself as a master tactician trying to get likes and make a rep for himself

It shouldn't be a surprise to anybody that Brown is actually nowhere near as good as he's cracked up to be. He never has been.

Millers goal earlier in that same game was Brown sticking a leg out and directing it behind himself and right into Kennys path

And this is by no means defending Brown, who is pish, but you could make a reel up like that for any player, regardless of how good he is. Looks like some kid who fancies himself as a master tactician trying to get likes and make a rep for himself
The choice of clips was in some cases wrong, but the overall premise is correct. And not just for this season, but his whole career.

Brown:
Runs around a lot (like a headless chicken)
Lacks tactical discipline
Flies into situations leaving himself caught out and his team exposed
Often arrives late and so just fouls or leaves a bit on the opponent.
In Europe or internationals that often resulted in a foul being awarded. Even a booking
In Scotland he frequently got away with it.

I've thought all this for years. Not just this season.

And its not really about him being a yard slower this year.

The only difference that makes is when he's arriving late and leaving a bit on the opponent he's even later / further away and so not close enough that the foul brings the opponent down / stops them in their tracks.

I’m not sure he was ever that good, tbh. But this season has been coming for a few years: he’s been helped a lot by the form of players alongside him for while—Armstrong, for eg, then McGregor. When McGregor went off the boil, Brown’s looked exposed

Back