Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

I still hope it's the £10m that the sheep were originally holding out for. That would be great business for us. No idea how people can look at the goals he's sold (especially to them) and value him anywhere near that!

Turnbull, a good player but I don't think he's an improvement on either Christie, McGregor or Forrest so again, happy with them to go for him.

Hickey is very raw still and has a lot to learn. Responsible for a good few goals we've scored. Plus I already thought they had 3 left backs already so further bloating of a big wage bill is welcome.

As has been the case, I think it'll be down to what we do in the transfer market rather than what they do. They seem to have a fear of spending much money. Seen on twitter that they're looking to bring in Foster on loan rather than a permanent due to the wages and fee. He's 3rd or 4th choice down there!

He's a big lump that will suit them domestically.

The issue this season is it's going to be like putting Swansea and Cardiff in the Welsh set up with the difference between between us and them and the rest of the league.

He suits Aberdeen to a degree where his instructions is to get the ball and punt it up to cosgrove and also defending deep against any half decent team. He wont do well in a team they have to build play from the back.

If he is replacing Ajer they will be weakened a good bit as Ajer takes the ball out from the back a lot for them.

I just dont get it with Hickey at all.

Would love them to spend £5m+ on him.

A donkey who will be shown up without the every man behind the ball set-up.

McKenna wouldn’t get ahead of Goodson or Helander, even Katic for me.

he would improve their defence domestically anyway. Nothing for Alfredo to worry too much about there...

mckenna decent but not worth money mentioned, turnbull aint as good as christie, as for hickey I have never actually been impressed with the boy tbh

Oh yes please let it happen, he is as some Bears are saying he is an 18 yard defender and will get caught out with swift forward players

Ajer's pretty good at bringing the ball out of defence to be fair to him.

McKenna ? That ball will get launched diagonally into the corner or the stand.

Beautiful.

Aye he’s good at that tbf. Can’t defend very well though.

That’ll be the end of Rodgers ball playing defenders and Lennon resorting to type.

He’d be a McManus equivalent, imo.

He’ll improve at the mentally challengeds, but he’s not better than Ajer, or even potentially Simunovic.

He’s a rabid mentally challenged bastard by all accounts.

I still hope it's the £10m that the sheep were originally holding out for. That would be great business for us. No idea how people can look at the goals he's sold (especially to them) and value him anywhere near that!

Turnbull, a good player but I don't think he's an improvement on either Christie, McGregor or Forrest so again, happy with them to go for him.

Hickey is very raw still and has a lot to learn. Responsible for a good few goals we've scored. Plus I already thought they had 3 left backs already so further bloating of a big wage bill is welcome.

As has been the case, I think it'll be down to what we do in the transfer market rather than what they do. They seem to have a fear of spending much money. Seen on twitter that they're looking to bring in Foster on loan rather than a permanent due to the wages and fee. He's 3rd or 4th choice down there!
Tbf Turnbull is 6/7/8 years younger than those players. I imagine he’d be signed and go back to Motherwell for a couple of years. Not sure he’s featured much since his Injury though, decent player.

Ajer's pretty good at bringing the ball out of defence to be fair to him.

McKenna ? That ball will get launched diagonally into the corner or the stand.

Beautiful.
Hatred aside, anyone can see he is good at bringing it out from the back. What if they dont sell ajer and McKenna replaces siminivoc? I get that ajer wants out though.

Hatred aside, anyone can see he is good at bringing it out from the back. What if they dont sell ajer and McKenna replaces siminivoc? I get that ajer wants out though.

Then they’re spending millions for a back up because they’ve got 7 million Julien as well.

Ajer will be away within a year.

Hope they blow their budget on McKenna and Hickey, both overrated imo, especially Hickey, McKenna's a younger Christophe Berra :)

What's annoying is they will get him cheaper as Aberdeen have already stated they have high monthly costs that their directors or whoever else are plugging.

Good, hammer thrower straight from the O'Neill/Lennon mantra of dinosaur football. File under an even more expensive bombs are than Jack Hendry, another multi million pound signing they get a free ride from the press on

What's annoying is they will get him cheaper as Aberdeen have already stated they have high monthly costs that their directors or whoever else are plugging.
They do but there’s no way they will give away their most valuable asset for peanuts, they will get at least £3million for him, even in these times.

Personally he reminds me of another Stephen McManus so that suits me, not terrible but not great either.

A greeting, moaning, complaining lump that hates Rangers and the Scottish press will big him up so a perfect fit for them really..

Back