Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

Necro

I fully understand the meaning of the word perhaps it’s you who doesn’t.

Can you elaborate on why my post was delusional?

Yes we played Bheast FC 3 times you are correct. We were cheated on 2 occasions. A blind man could see who the better team was and incase you missed my point about Europe where the refs are more professional...who was the better team there?

You must be very insecure if you allow somebody else’s post on a football message board to embarrass you especially if you’re reason for embarrassment is that “lurkers will be laughing at us”
Head to head, we were comfortably better than Celtic last season, you're absolutely correct.

There are people that take issue with that being pointed out because they think it means nothing while we're behind them in the table. They usually aren't willing to view our progress in context and dismiss any positivity as nonsense because we didn't win the league. The guy you're arguing with is one of those people.

One thing worth pointing out though, Celtic have a much more versatile squad than us and actually have a half decent bench. We've perfected a very good defensive 433 block that stops teams creating chances against us and we're great in open games as a result. Celtic are better prepared as a squad to break down low blocks and that's why they're so far ahead.

You've alluded to other factors and I'd say there's merit to those points but it's not correct to say we've been the better team outright, we were abysmal post January.

Necro

Are you kidding me on? I’ve just given you a detailed post that clearly explains why it’s nonsense. We were cheated twice in OF games? My mind must be playing tricks on me, I remember us getting a rough time in the cup final and generally playing like shit at Ibrox.
Your mind is 100% playing tricks on you in that case because Celtic didn't manage a legitimate shot on target that game.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Your mind is 100% playing tricks on you in that case because Celtic didn't manage a legitimate shot on target that game.
I said I remember us getting a rough time because the officiating was shite. I think your eyes are playing tricks on you if you equate that to “I think we were soundly beaten in the cup final”.

Not like you to talk shite is it, actually wait...

Necro

I said I remember us getting a rough time because the officiating was shite. I think your eyes are playing tricks on you if you equate that to “I think we were soundly beaten in the cup final”.
I quoted your post. You didn't say that.

Necro

How else could you possibly interpret “I remember us getting a rough time in the cup final”? Which is what the quoted post says, go back and read it.
When in the same sentence it's followed by "and generally played like shit at Ibrox" as a counter argument to someone saying we were better than Celtic h2h, it's hard not to interpret it that way. Especially when the person you're responding to has already pointed that out.

In any case, I'm sure your extremely poorly worded response will prompt an apology from you for being insufferable over the use of the word literally. If you're going to act like an English teacher, be able to get your point across coherently.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
When in the same sentence it's followed by "and generally played like shit at Ibrox" as a counter argument to someone saying we were better than Celtic h2h, it's hard not to interpret it that way. Especially when the person you're responding to has already pointed that out.

In any case, I'm sure your extremely poorly worded response will prompt an apology from you for being insufferable over the use of the word literally. If you're going to act like an English teacher, be able to get your point across coherently.
Then I think you ought to think about getting yourself into some sort of remedial English class, because me following it by saying ‘we were shit at Ibrox’ doesn’t in any way change the meaning of the words that preceded that.

Trust me, my post would be perfectly clear to anyone with standard grade English. When you get yours you might do a better job of interpreting them. Have a nice night pal.

Necro

Then I think you ought to think about getting yourself into some sort of remedial English class, because me following it by saying ‘we were shit at Ibrox’ doesn’t in any way change the meaning of the words that preceded that.

Trust me, my post would be perfectly clear to anyone with standard grade English. When you get yours you might do a better job of interpreting them. Have a nice night pal.
Didn't think you'd accept that you just made an arse of it but I'm somehow still disappointed.

Not suggesting that likes mean anything usually but someone clearly agrees that you seemed to be suggesting that too so maybe rethink your wording in future.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Didn't think you'd accept that you just made an arse of it but I'm somehow still disappointed.

Not suggesting that likes mean anything usually but someone clearly agrees that you seemed to be suggesting that too so maybe rethink your wording in future.
But I didn’t so why would I offer an apology? I’m not apologising for your poor grasp of what I assume is your first language.

No wonder people rip the c**t out of you ffs.

android

Official Ticketer

I’m with Necro on this one. You made a balls of it.

Take it on the chin & go again :)

Necro

But I didn’t so why would I offer an apology? I’m not apologising for your poor grasp of what I assume is your first language.

No wonder people rip the c**t out of you ffs.
I'm not going to argue with you over how "getting a rough time" can mean quite a few things when it's used in an argument against us playing better than Celtic. If you can't see how that could have been misinterpreted, I don't know what to say to you.

Even ignoring that, you could have just said "oh I meant from referees" rather than insisting it's what you said when you clearly didn't.

It does happen sometimes and I usually laugh about it rather than acting like you have here.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I’m with Necro on this one. You made a balls of it.

Take it on the chin & go again :)
I’m still at a loss as to how “we got a rough time of it in the cup final” could ever be interpreted as me saying we were beaten fairly, the fact I then said we were crap at Ibrox doesn’t change that AT ALL. I can’t even believe it’s become a discussion, and I’m educated to a reasonable level so I’m confident in my grasp of English :D

Necro

I’m still at a loss as to how “we got a rough time of it in the cup final” could ever be interpreted as me saying we were beaten fairly, the fact I then said we were crap at Ibrox doesn’t change that AT ALL. I can’t even believe it’s become a discussion, and I’m educated to a reasonable level so I’m confident in my grasp of English :D
Not educated enough to know that you should avoid using "and" after a comma apparently

android

Official Ticketer
I didn’t read any of the posts in any great detail TBF but felt like taking sides in your ‘feud’ as I’m bored.

You seemed to be coming over a bit pompous so went with the other guy.

Sorry :)

Necro

I didn’t read any of the posts in any great detail TBF but felt like taking sides in your ‘feud’ as I’m bored.

It's shoulder to shoulder we'll stand

TheStandardBearer

Take your medicine pal and away back to worrying about what the lurkers think of us.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...

I might have done, but I was quite genuine in my bewilderment. At the end of the day it’s as simple as this: one poster said we had the better side, I said we didn’t and explained why, then Necro spoke about ‘progress’ which was nothing more than a lame excuse to have a dig at me, seeing as ‘progress’ was completely irrelevant to the point I had made :D

Necro

I might have done, but I was quite genuine in my bewilderment. At the end of the day it’s as simple as this: one poster said we had the better side, I said we didn’t and explained why, then Necro spoke about ‘progress’ which was nothing more than a lame excuse to have a dig at me, seeing as ‘progress’ was completely irrelevant to the point I had made :D
You called him delusional and jumped on him misusing literally, you were being a complete arse. I suggested that he shouldn't bother with you because you always lean towards us being completely shit and don't want to hear positivity.

It's not wrong to suggest that we were better than Celtic head to head, I agreed with your wider point already

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
You called him delusional and jumped on him misusing literally, you were being a complete arse. I suggested that he shouldn't bother with you because you always lean towards us being completely shit and don't want to hear positivity.

It's not wrong to suggest that we were better than Celtic head to head, I agreed with your wider point already
Of course I said it was delusional. How else would you describe a post that says we had the better side despite winning fùck all? It’s ludicrous however it’s dressed up. And the bottom line is that the head to head thing doesn’t add any weight to his argument at all and even if it did we lost 2 out of the 3. You might be a bit too young but I’m old enough to remember when we used to piss ourselves laughing at similar posts taken from scum forums.

Sorry mate but the bolded bit is just bollocks because I wouldn’t pretend our domestic season was anything other than a compete disappointment. You know that already because we’ve discussed it before, and you included it to have a cheap dig at me.

Necro

Of course I said it was delusional. How else would you describe a post that says we had the better side despite winning fùck all? It’s ludicrous however it’s dressed up. And the bottom line is that the head to head thing doesn’t add any weight to his argument at all and even if it did we lost 2 out of the 3. You might be a bit too young but I’m old enough to remember when we used to piss ourselves laughing at similar posts taken from scum forums.

Sorry mate but the bolded bit is just bollocks because I wouldn’t pretend our domestic season was anything other than a compete disappointment. You know that already because we’ve discussed it before, and you included it to have a cheap dig at me.
You can think our season was a disappointment and believe that our strongest 11 is better than Celtic's, it's not mutually exclusive.

It wasn't really a cheap dig. I was pretty blunt in calling you out becuase it can get quite frustrating reading you say that we essentially need to rip it up and start again all the time.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
You can think our season was a disappointment and believe that our strongest 11 is better than Celtic's, it's not mutually exclusive.

It wasn't really a cheap dig. I was pretty blunt in calling you out becuase it can get quite frustrating reading you say that we essentially need to rip it up and start again all the time.
That’s what the ignore button is for mate. I use it quite a bit myself because it saves a lot of time. It was a needless dig though that didn’t serve any real purpose but to derail things.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
On the actual subject of McKenna, he’s a decent player, but if they end up paying the sort of fee Aberdeen were rumoured to be looking for then I’ll laugh my tits off.

He’s good in the air, he’s not so great with players running at him. If Kent can find form again he’s the sort of player who’d rip McKenna up and use him for arse paper.

CaptainCourageous

Just read they've released Simunovic ( actually about a week ago along with Hayes). Another £20m player leaves, this time on a free.

They will need to replace both, I don't see them going for McKenna though.

blue genes

Probably do OK in the SPFL, however if they pay £5m for him they're nuts. He's been exposed quite a bit when I've seen him play for Scotland, including getting his timing all wrong & being easily out jumped in the air. To me he would be a weak link for them in Europe.

Desert Loyal

Turning down £7 million for a bulked up Zander Diamond was one the worst financial decisions I've ever seen.
It's the tarrier propoganda rebound effect.
Other clubs lap up the over pricing pish so much they actually believe that there players are worth more too.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Let me explain what I meant since your incapable of comprehending what I assumed was a fairly easy point to understand.

They literally ran away with the league due to them being handed it by their placemen.

Rangers have a better team than Celtic, as is evidenced in the matches between the two sides this season and if that’s not enough for you then it’s also evidenced in how far we’ve got in Europe.

Hope you manage to understand and I hope I’ve not misused any words for you.
sorry mate, that's just not true. we lost the league in 3 or 4 games after Christmas where we failed to show up completely and big players went missing. we also struggle generally breaking down a stubborn bank of 10 men. enough of this deluded placemen stuff, we were doing just fine till Christmas.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Just read they've released Simunovic ( actually about a week ago along with Hayes). Another £20m player leaves, this time on a free.

They will need to replace both, I don't see them going for McKenna though.
the athletic is usually a good source these days. seems likely.

TheStandardBearer

sorry mate, that's just not true. we lost the league in 3 or 4 games after Christmas where we failed to show up completely and big players went missing. we also struggle generally breaking down a stubborn bank of 10 men. enough of this deluded placemen stuff, we were doing just fine till Christmas.
Im deluded because I believe Celtic have placemen?

ok.

An Englishman once said to me, "you experience a better feeling in life as a Rangers Supporter than you would do playing for celtic". So True.

rinosprayer

btw, its not about what lurkers think of us. it's bemusement at fans going on about 'best footballing side in the country' as if that's a consolation for not winning the league?

is there a trophy for who plays the best football?
The Tommy Burns imaginary cup.

A worthless bauble.

MearnsUnionist

Whoever they sign from any Scottish team will weaken them IMO.

I would say McKenna is a better penalty box defender, less mistake prone and more physical than Ajer or Julien.

They are both quicker, better with the ball at their feet and all round better technical footballers.

McKenna plays physical strikers like Morelos and Dykes better than they do.