Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

He suits Aberdeen to a degree where his instructions is to get the ball and punt it up to cosgrove and also defending deep against any half decent team. He wont do well in a team they have to build play from the back.

If he is replacing Ajer they will be weakened a good bit as Ajer takes the ball out from the back a lot for them.

I just dont get it with Hickey at all.
Is Ajer leaving?

First and foremost they're a better team than us, but generally they find it easier to accommodate other Scottish players from smaller clubs into their team because they have guys around them who have course and distance form in title campaigns and cup runs. We don't, which is why we're lagging behind and guys like *deep breath* Jones, Barker, Kamara, Stewart, Hastie and Docherty have been either good to okay, average or just plain awful.

Yeah they do have much more experience of winning thats very true.

I thought you were gonna say the refs will protect him if hes putting the boot in, which well they will.

But yeah i get your point its easier to settle into the side at the top with more confidence, belief etc.

Absolutely no guarantee he will handle going to a far bigger club ,what i will say is that they will have two CBs who at set pieces are very decent ,on the other hand they will have two CBs who are woeful and flap at defending on the ground when being attacked ,I just dont see Julien and McKenna being a good partnership ,Lyndon Dykes has had both Julien and McKenna in trouble when playing them ,and no im not advocating signing him just pointing out something .

He'll get found out massively when he has to play a high line and has to concentrate and he's not the quickes either. Could it mean that ajier is away as he's going to be wanting to play every week. I imagine it will be cash plus bayo or that polish striker on loan as there top heavy with strikers now. As for hickey I've never seen it with him he looks like a lost boy playing a mans game Kent and tav destroyed him at times last season.

Last edited:
Only good game I’ve seen him have was the cup game at Ibrox.

Even then it was because all we were doing was punting the ball long which suits his main strength.

They will sell him to their Masters for about 1.5 - 2m and claim they are desperate because of the pandemic.

Anyone else and its 10 million.

McKenna is absolutely rotten! I’d be delighted if he signed for them. Boy can’t pass the ball five yards.
like someone else said he just Stephen McManus all over again.

I'd love to see them spend a good chunk of wonga on McKenna.

I'd love it even more to see him play in an attacking team who play a high line.

Guys a donkey.

Poor mans Grant Hanley.

Ajer dumps his agent and the McKenna rumours surface in the space of a few days?

Expect this is the start of a fair bit of downsizing over the next few months. A £60m a year wage bill is completely unsustainable next season in Scottish football.

I know most people disagree, but I reckon there's a lot to work with when it comes to McKenna. Naturally left footed and decent on the ball, which instantly raises the price of a centre half these days. Strong in the air, a threat at set pieces, physically big.

He might not improve much, in which case he'd be a waste of money for that lot, but they're in a position where they can take a risk that way. I don't think he's ever going to be brilliant as such, but I don't agree that he's the utter diddy many make out.

Hopefully everyone else is right and they spend a fortune on him and he fails.
He’s a not as bad as folk make out and is a good defender for the league.
He’s not worth £5m etc but he’s no diddy

TLB has inherited the squad that Brenda assembled.

Left to his own devices, he will try to replicate the O'Neill model - big defenders, big forwards, battlers in midfield, cheats all over the park.

Stevie G will see that off.

Big Eck did.

What's annoying is they will get him cheaper as Aberdeen have already stated they have high monthly costs that their directors or whoever else are plugging.
Abermutton were never getting what they valued him at anyway...primarily because he is absolutely shite.

I know most people disagree, but I reckon there's a lot to work with when it comes to McKenna. Naturally left footed and decent on the ball, which instantly raises the price of a centre half these days. Strong in the air, a threat at set pieces, physically big.

He might not improve much, in which case he'd be a waste of money for that lot, but they're in a position where they can take a risk that way. I don't think he's ever going to be brilliant as such, but I don't agree that he's the utter diddy many make out.

McKenna is nothing like decent on the ball. Where would you get that impression watching him playing for McShitethebed at Aberdeen? Any time for Scotland he has had time he has been taken apart....ala 4 nil away to Kazakhstan

he won’t play at all. He would just be left out the sheep squad. They will be happy to sign McKenna, hickey etc if it means they weaken the other teams so much it guarentees the treble run continues and now we are out the cup they can pretty much buy the cup . The other 3 teams have much bigger worries than winning the cup. they will win it . Aberdeen will accept 2 million for McKenna now they need the money and hearts will be lucky to get 500k for hickey if they get demoted. 2.5 million to win a treble . That’s what lawell will call a great deal
Reads perfectly plausible, to be honest.
Reminds me of the time the Arabs sold them their best players a month before their semi finail.

Wouldn’t bother me if they sound decent money on McKenna

hickey at hearts was played out of position a few times against us when he didn’t look so good but I think he is a decent player

I agree, I thought I might be the only one who thought he might not be a bad defender; indeed, I would like us to be at least looking at the potential of signing him.

He’d be a McManus equivalent, imo.

He’ll improve at the mentally challengeds, but he’s not better than Ajer, or even potentially Simunovic.

He’s a rabid mentally challenged bastard by all accounts.
He is very much so

and has put on a few stone over lockdown, big diddy now has big diddies

With Ajer going to Real Madrid (No laughing at the back) then the dud from Aberdeen would be a good laugh. He’s hopeless

He won't have a deep lying midfield to help him, as he does at Aberdeen when against us. He's a decent SPL player, although I'd have each of our centre-halves before him.

It does illustrate their ambitions, though.

I agree, I thought I might be the only one who thought he might not be a bad defender; indeed, I would like us to be at least looking at the potential of signing him.
He has openly said he was brought up a celtic fan.

%^*& ever signing one of them ever again. Ever.

They're going to fall apart this summer.

Edouard, Ajer and Ntcham will be off, they won't be able to afford to keep Forster or Elyounoussi either. McKenna and Hickey in at best.

So far we've brought in Hagi and we don't look like losing anyone. And our business has just got started.

Bring on 2020/21.
We heard this last summer when Lennon was brought in that McGregor wants to go, they’re in turmoil, 55 is coming etc etc.

Back