Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

Ajer's pretty good at bringing the ball out of defence to be fair to him.

McKenna ? That ball will get launched diagonally into the corner or the stand.

Beautiful.
Which will result in howls of derision from the best fans in the wureld only to be ignored by the media. Not a patch on any of our CBs imo.

They're going to fall apart this summer.

Edouard, Ajer and Ntcham will be off, they won't be able to afford to keep Forster or Elyounoussi either. McKenna and Hickey in at best.

So far we've brought in Hagi and we don't look like losing anyone. And our business has just got started.

Bring on 2020/21.

Ffs they are really not.

They were minimum 10 points ahead of us while we were chucking points away all over the place.

monumental challenge in front os us

Edouard, Ajer and Ntcham will be off, they won't be able to afford to keep Forster or Elyounoussi either. McKenna and Hickey in at best.

So far we've brought in Hagi and we don't look like losing anyone. And our business has just got started.

Bring on 2020/21.
Fairly sure we have already lost a few , AH, Fod,etc

He is absolute shite. Championship level dross.

And Ajer is crud too.

This can only be good news for us. I don't care if he goes there for free as long as they play the bag of shit on a regular basis.

Always thought he was a strange target for them. They play a high press and he spends half of his life sitting on the 18 yard line looking to clear the ball.

Don’t throw stones in glass houses, but he’s a downgrade and absolutely weakens them.

And that’s saying something because I don’t even rate Ajer much.
Any Tims you hear raving about Ajer only shout about him because he plays to the gallery with all hi support daft screaming at the crowd and opposition players, strange boy that he is. They tend to go a bit quiet when you point out that he is always on his arse and couldn’t time a tackle to save himself.
As for McKenna. He had a good 6 months and then reverted to type- a limbering cart horse.

Hopefully true.

At best, he is on a par with the likes of Charlie Mulgrew, only without the dead ball skills. At worst, he is this generations Garry Kenneth.

I still can’t believe they turned down £7m for him, that is proper mental. Even more so when you consider their record sale was Eoin Jess for about £1.5m. In 1996.

If I was Aberdeen owner at the time of the £7m bid, I would have driven him down south myself so fast that I would have bent the very fabric of space and time.

Bring on 2020/21.

A good deal of if, buts and maybe's with this post.

The scum will want 10 and will spend to do all they can to ensure they achieve it. The question is do we have enough funds to bring in the desperately needed quality to match or better them, and I'm not talking about one orr two signings.

When you consider our collapse post winter break we need 5 or 6 big signings, far better quality than the one or two names being mentioned tentatively so far.

First and foremost they're a better team than us, but generally they find it easier to accommodate other Scottish players from smaller clubs into their team because they have guys around them who have course and distance form in title campaigns and cup runs. We don't, which is why we're lagging behind and guys like *deep breath* Jones, Barker, Kamara, Stewart, Hastie and Docherty have been either good to okay, average or just plain awful.

Spot on. Our squad is choke full of players who are simply not providing anything meaningful. Hopefully the talk of quality over quantity comes good this close season. If not, the scum will romp to 10IAR.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s brilliant, but not nearly as bad as made out on here.

Julien and McKenna both have done ok against Morelos, imo.

McKenna is at his level already, hope he goes to the tramps. What I've seen of Hickey they can have him as well, but I'd like us to have a nibble at Turnbull he scores goals from midfield but Ive not seen enough of him actually playing before he was injured.

The scum will want 10 and will spend to do all they can to ensure they achieve it. The question is do we have enough funds to bring in the desperately needed quality to match or better them, and I'm not talking about one orr two signings.

When you consider our collapse post winter break we need 5 or 6 big signings, far better quality than the one or two names being mentioned tentatively so far.
Agreed. I’ve heard the same shite the last 2 seasons and it’s not happened. We need to concentrate on ourselves and stop predicting their collapse.

The fact is they don’t need to sign anybody.

We had a much better team than them this year and they still ran away with it(literally)

They can’t lose over a season with so much in their favour

media, refs, authorities.

the game is sewn up.

Only 2 league bookings last season ?
McKenna is a thug who will get away with murder playing for that shower. He has history with Morelos too, and that will be encouraged by complicit referees.

He hardly gets any cards in the SPFL.

He will get even less at Bheast FC.

I always thought that Berra was a decent defender when he was younger, not world class or anything but far better than McKenna anyway.

McKenna looked like he was hiding a ewe under his top at the Aberscum kit reveal so hopefully he keeps eating the pies, costs them over the odds and never plays. Green and grey hoops will be even less flattering.

20200507_AFCKIT_121.jpg
Dearie me!

If it does happen, they will be exploiting the situation to get him cheap.

On form, he is OK at defending especially the physical aspect however having centre halves who are comfortable on the ball and break into midfield is a key part of their game (Ajer does it loads & Julien can if needed) & McKenna doesn't fit in that sense.

Cant believe the delusion in our support. We were beaten to the league this year but now they are going to fall apart and our team is going to do this and that to them. Its embarrassing. Until we win league STFU

He’s ok, not great but solid enough for a team like Aberdeen.
If he is replacing Ajer then it is certainly a downgrade so hopefully there is truth in this.
I just can’t see how his style of play actually suits Celtic.
You just know though that he will become one of the players who completely play up to the crowd, griffiths, lustig etc and their fans will love him because of it.

Odds on another Morelos red card against Celtic have shortened if he is playing for them.

Dont think anyone will be making 5-6 big signings in this climate

We had a much better team than them this year and they still ran away with it(literally)

the game is sewn up.

As much as I think elements of this are true.

We lost the league* this season. We come back in January and maintain form, we win the title.

We have a battle on and off the pitch with authorities, but we also need to sort our own shit out.

We are weak willed and don’t have the ability to take things over the line.

As much as I think elements of this are true.

We lost the league* this season. We come back in January and maintain form, we win the title.

We have a battle on and off the pitch with authorities, but we also need to sort our own shit out.

We are weak willed and don’t have the ability to take things over the line.

Lurking mentally challengeds will be pissing themselves at his post. The best team in the league who toiled against pretty much every team they faced after New Year? Yeah we don’t exactly have an even playing field but that’s still delusional nonsense.

Lurking mentally challengeds will be pissing themselves at his post. The best team in the league who toiled against pretty much every team they faced after New Year? Yeah we don’t exactly have an even playing field but that’s still delusional nonsense.

You quoted the wrong post?

I don’t mention us being the best team in the league.

the game is sewn up.
We didn't have a better team at all. We won nothing. Couldn't get to a Scottish cup final fs. Bottom of the league Hearts??

He'll be comfortable against 99% of team in Scotland and absolutely destroyed in Europe. His hatred of us will shine though and he'll raise his game when he comes up against us. Target his weaknesses and he will be put under pressure.

Dont think anyone will be making 5-6 big signings in this climate

Agree it is a big ask in the current climate but if we are serious about winning the title we need far better quality, both within starting 11 and squad.

And thats before we consider the possibility of losing 2 or 3, like Kamara, Barasic and Alfie.

Hopefully Arsenal or Leicester come calling. We need rid of that lady's front bottom. He’s far too good for this league. His movement destroys the diddy teams.

i don’t see it. He will be gone next summer. There’s no chance lawell will be stupid enough to sell with what’s at stake this season . Unless it’s 30 mil plus he’s there main striker this season

Good move for him.

He will be able to act like a big lump of wood and boot every player in site without fear of receiving a yellow or red card in that jersey.

We need to change tactics if he signs for them. Would be good to see us sign a quick athletic striker who can run the channels. McKenna wants to play against physical strikers like Alfie who play with their back to him. Looks like if they sign him that they've done so on the back of his performances against us where he's been allowed to get away with just about anything to stop Alfie. We need to mix it up in attack and stop making it so easy for defending teams. Maybe the rumoured signing of the lad from Charlton will help.

Back