Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

We need to change tactics if he signs for them. Would be good to see us sign a quick athletic striker who can run the channels. McKenna wants to play against physical strikers like Alfie who play with their back to him. Looks like if they sign him that they've done so on the back of his performances against us where he's been allowed to get away with just about anything to stop Alfie. We need to mix it up in attack and stop making it so easy for defending teams. Maybe the rumoured signing of the lad from Charlton will help.

Morelos is brilliant at running the channels as well as mixing it up. He’s absolutely not just a battering ram / physical striker. He’s scored plenty goals v Aberdeen & McKenna although I do agree McKenna seems to play him better than anyone in the league.

FztcDvx.gif

He’s got more than a few mistakes in him. He’s a back to the wall defender and not really suited to the mentally challengeds.

I hope they pay a few quid for him, and he ends up like Hendry.

Obviously buying him for the Champions league group games. Be interesting to see how he gets on against players like Lewandowski, Messi, Firmino etc

Reactions: VGM
Ajer dumps his agent and the McKenna rumours surface in the space of a few days?

Expect this is the start of a fair bit of downsizing over the next few months. A £60m a year wage bill is completely unsustainable next season in Scottish football.
Correct, follow the money, follow the money. They have totally written us of before a ball has been kicked. They assume we are downsizing and therefore they too can easily downsize. The problem is that if they sign cheap crap, you get cheap crap players. Liewwell will get what is coming to him soon. Bring it on!!!

The delusion in this comment is quite extraordinary

Actually, there is an element of realism in what he said. At the mid-season break, Rangers were, it's no exaggeration to say, the best team in the SPL. We were top of the table, had outplayed the yahoos both at the piggery and at Hampden, and with a few astute signngs during the winter window, I really believed we'd be in a strong position to take the title.

But something very strange happened when the season resumed - a different Rangers team showed up, one that struggled even to beat teams that were themselves struggling to avoid relegation. To date, I've never heard a convincing explanation from the manager or his staff as to why this bizarre implosion in form took place.

I don't believe we'll see a huge influx of new players -just a few at best, therefore we will be going into next season with substantially the same squad as last. It's vital that we find answers to the aforementioned question, for unless we do, the REALITY is they're probably on target to win ten-in-row. It's not an issue of whether Mc Kenna does or doesn't sign for them - Rangers season will be determined by what they do to put things right in their own house.

I don’t know what’s worse. The insinuation that we’re the better team or his misuse of the word ‘literally’.

Let me explain what I meant since your incapable of comprehending what I assumed was a fairly easy point to understand.

They literally ran away with the league due to them being handed it by their placemen.

Rangers have a better team than Celtic, as is evidenced in the matches between the two sides this season and if that’s not enough for you then it’s also evidenced in how far we’ve got in Europe.

Hope you manage to understand and I hope I’ve not misused any words for you.

Let me explain what I meant since your incapable of comprehending what I assumed was a fairly easy point to understand.

They literally ran away with the league due to them being handed it by their placemen.

Rangers have a better team than Celtic, as is evidenced in the matches between the two sides this season and if that’s not enough for you then it’s also evidenced in how far we’ve got in Europe.

You’re right that the league was won off the park but let’s take some responsibility and stop acting the fucking victim and realise it was no one but our own doing that we ended up 13 points behind due to some pathetic post winter break performances

You’re right that the league was won off the park but let’s take some responsibility and stop acting the fucking victim and realise it was no one but our own doing that we ended up 13 points behind due to some pathetic post winter break performances

Although we played poorly in these games we were robbed of at least 4 points that I can think of.

All championship winning teams will have poor runs of form and they will still manage to scrape a result here or there.

unfortunately for us that’s highly unlikely when you’re playing against 11 hatchet men, referee, linesmen, media and commentators.

odds are hugely stacked against us.

To simply ignore this and continually put the blame at our club is not for me.

Each to their own.

Actually, there is an element of realism in what he said. At the mid-season break, Rangers were, it's no exaggeration to say, the best team in the SPL. We were top of the table, had outplayed the yahoos both at the piggery and at Hampden, and with a few astute signngs during the winter window, I really believed we'd be in a strong position to take the title.
We were 2nd and had already lost the first trophy of the season.

You still can’t grasp the correct use of the word ‘literally’ in that context which is an unfortunate thing a second time round. The better team is the one who wins the league by consistently beating the majority of the sides in the league to amass a greater points total, not head to heads, it’s the team who wins the silverware, not head to heads.

Lets look at head to heads anyway, we played them 3 times this season, we lost twice and won once; so errrr.......great point about Europe too; it’s good to know that when we finished in 3rd place under McLeish we were still the best team in the land due to making the CL last 16, fantastic.

Your post was a tad embarrassing, delusional and would have had lurkers in hysterics. I hope my post was succinct and coherent enough for you to follow. Don’t worry about yours, I understand them just fine, unfortunately.

You still can’t grasp the correct use of the word ‘literally’ in that context which is an unfortunate thing a second time round. The better team is the one who wins the league by consistently beating the majority of the sides in the league to amass a greater points total, not head to heads, it’s the team who wins the silverware, not head to heads. But let’s look at head to heads anyway, we played them 3 times this season, we lost twice and won once; so errr.....

Your post was a tad embarrassing, delusional and would have had lurkers in hysterics. I hope my post was succinct and coherent enough for you to follow. Don’t worry about yours, I understand them just fine, unfortunately.

I fully understand the meaning of the word perhaps it’s you who doesn’t.

Can you elaborate on why my post was delusional?

Yes we played Bheast FC 3 times you are correct. We were cheated on 2 occasions. A blind man could see who the better team was and incase you missed my point about Europe where the refs are more professional...who was the better team there?

You must be very insecure if you allow somebody else’s post on a football message board to embarrass you especially if you’re reason for embarrassment is that “lurkers will be laughing at us”

Fingers crossed this one happens.

A downgrade for sure.

He’ll do alright domestically but will struggle in European competiton.

Yes we played Bheast FC 3 times you are correct. We were cheated on 2 occasions. A blind man could see who the better team was and incase you missed my point about Europe where the refs are more professional...who was the better team there?

You must be very insecure if you allow somebody else’s post on a football message board to embarrass you especially if you’re reason for embarrassment is that “lurkers will be laughing at us”

Are you kidding me on? I’ve just given you a detailed post that clearly explains why it’s nonsense. We were cheated twice in OF games? My mind must be playing tricks on me, I remember us getting a rough time in the cup final and generally playing like shit at Ibrox.

No I understood your points about Europe, where ironically we also had some awful decisions go against us. But it’s a load of bollocks for the example I gave you, were we the best side in the land when McLeish had us finish third behind the scum and Hearts?

Why on earth would that suggest insecurity? I’d rather not give mentally challengeds easy ammunition that’s all, I think that’s perfectly normal if anything. As for actually discussing the post, well it is a discussion forum, but the bottom lien is, if we were winning everything and they made a similar statement, we’d be pissing ourselves laughing on here, and in fact that is how it went at times in the 90’s. The best team in the league isn’t based on head to head, it’s based on the team who amasses the greater points total by playing all of the leagues sides; that’s the only bit that matters and the bit you need to grasp mate.

Head to head, we were comfortably better than Celtic last season, you're absolutely correct.

There are people that take issue with that being pointed out because they think it means nothing while we're behind them in the table. They usually aren't willing to view our progress in context and dismiss any positivity as nonsense because we didn't win the league. The guy you're arguing with is one of those people.

One thing worth pointing out though, Celtic have a much more versatile squad than us and actually have a half decent bench. We've perfected a very good defensive 433 block that stops teams creating chances against us and we're great in open games as a result. Celtic are better prepared as a squad to break down low blocks and that's why they're so far ahead.

You've alluded to other factors and I'd say there's merit to those points but it's not correct to say we've been the better team outright, we were abysmal post January.

Are you kidding me on? I’ve just given you a detailed post that clearly explains why it’s nonsense. We were cheated twice in OF games? My mind must be playing tricks on me, I remember us getting a rough time in the cup final and generally playing like shit at Ibrox.
Your mind is 100% playing tricks on you in that case because Celtic didn't manage a legitimate shot on target that game.

Your mind is 100% playing tricks on you in that case because Celtic didn't manage a legitimate shot on target that game.

I said I remember us getting a rough time because the officiating was shite. I think your eyes are playing tricks on you if you equate that to “I think we were soundly beaten in the cup final”.

Not like you to talk shite is it, actually wait...

I said I remember us getting a rough time because the officiating was shite. I think your eyes are playing tricks on you if you equate that to “I think we were soundly beaten in the cup final”.
I quoted your post. You didn't say that.

How else could you possibly interpret “I remember us getting a rough time in the cup final”? Which is what the quoted post says, go back and read it.
When in the same sentence it's followed by "and generally played like shit at Ibrox" as a counter argument to someone saying we were better than Celtic h2h, it's hard not to interpret it that way. Especially when the person you're responding to has already pointed that out.

In any case, I'm sure your extremely poorly worded response will prompt an apology from you for being insufferable over the use of the word literally. If you're going to act like an English teacher, be able to get your point across coherently.

When in the same sentence it's followed by "and generally played like shit at Ibrox" as a counter argument to someone saying we were better than Celtic h2h, it's hard not to interpret it that way. Especially when the person you're responding to has already pointed that out.

In any case, I'm sure your extremely poorly worded response will prompt an apology from you for being insufferable over the use of the word literally. If you're going to act like an English teacher, be able to get your point across coherently.

Then I think you ought to think about getting yourself into some sort of remedial English class, because me following it by saying ‘we were shit at Ibrox’ doesn’t in any way change the meaning of the words that preceded that.

Trust me, my post would be perfectly clear to anyone with standard grade English. When you get yours you might do a better job of interpreting them. Have a nice night pal.

Then I think you ought to think about getting yourself into some sort of remedial English class, because me following it by saying ‘we were shit at Ibrox’ doesn’t in any way change the meaning of the words that preceded that.

Trust me, my post would be perfectly clear to anyone with standard grade English. When you get yours you might do a better job of interpreting them. Have a nice night pal.
Didn't think you'd accept that you just made an arse of it but I'm somehow still disappointed.

Not suggesting that likes mean anything usually but someone clearly agrees that you seemed to be suggesting that too so maybe rethink your wording in future.

Didn't think you'd accept that you just made an arse of it but I'm somehow still disappointed.

Not suggesting that likes mean anything usually but someone clearly agrees that you seemed to be suggesting that too so maybe rethink your wording in future.

But I didn’t so why would I offer an apology? I’m not apologising for your poor grasp of what I assume is your first language.

No wonder people rip the c**t out of you ffs.

I’m with Necro on this one. You made a balls of it.

Take it on the chin & go again :)

But I didn’t so why would I offer an apology? I’m not apologising for your poor grasp of what I assume is your first language.

No wonder people rip the c**t out of you ffs.
I'm not going to argue with you over how "getting a rough time" can mean quite a few things when it's used in an argument against us playing better than Celtic. If you can't see how that could have been misinterpreted, I don't know what to say to you.

Even ignoring that, you could have just said "oh I meant from referees" rather than insisting it's what you said when you clearly didn't.

It does happen sometimes and I usually laugh about it rather than acting like you have here.

I’m with Necro on this one. You made a balls of it.

Take it on the chin & go again :)

I’m still at a loss as to how “we got a rough time of it in the cup final” could ever be interpreted as me saying we were beaten fairly, the fact I then said we were crap at Ibrox doesn’t change that AT ALL. I can’t even believe it’s become a discussion, and I’m educated to a reasonable level so I’m confident in my grasp of English :D

I’m still at a loss as to how “we got a rough time of it in the cup final” could ever be interpreted as me saying we were beaten fairly, the fact I then said we were crap at Ibrox doesn’t change that AT ALL. I can’t even believe it’s become a discussion, and I’m educated to a reasonable level so I’m confident in my grasp of English :D
Not educated enough to know that you should avoid using "and" after a comma apparently

I didn’t read any of the posts in any great detail TBF but felt like taking sides in your ‘feud’ as I’m bored.

You seemed to be coming over a bit pompous so went with the other guy.

Sorry :)

I didn’t read any of the posts in any great detail TBF but felt like taking sides in your ‘feud’ as I’m bored.

It's shoulder to shoulder we'll stand

Take your medicine pal and away back to worrying about what the lurkers think of us.

I might have done, but I was quite genuine in my bewilderment. At the end of the day it’s as simple as this: one poster said we had the better side, I said we didn’t and explained why, then Necro spoke about ‘progress’ which was nothing more than a lame excuse to have a dig at me, seeing as ‘progress’ was completely irrelevant to the point I had made :D

Back