Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

I might have done, but I was quite genuine in my bewilderment. At the end of the day it’s as simple as this: one poster said we had the better side, I said we didn’t and explained why, then Necro spoke about ‘progress’ which was nothing more than a lame excuse to have a dig at me, seeing as ‘progress’ was completely irrelevant to the point I had made :D
You called him delusional and jumped on him misusing literally, you were being a complete arse. I suggested that he shouldn't bother with you because you always lean towards us being completely shit and don't want to hear positivity.

It's not wrong to suggest that we were better than Celtic head to head, I agreed with your wider point already

You called him delusional and jumped on him misusing literally, you were being a complete arse. I suggested that he shouldn't bother with you because you always lean towards us being completely shit and don't want to hear positivity.

It's not wrong to suggest that we were better than Celtic head to head, I agreed with your wider point already

Of course I said it was delusional. How else would you describe a post that says we had the better side despite winning fùck all? It’s ludicrous however it’s dressed up. And the bottom line is that the head to head thing doesn’t add any weight to his argument at all and even if it did we lost 2 out of the 3. You might be a bit too young but I’m old enough to remember when we used to piss ourselves laughing at similar posts taken from scum forums.

Sorry mate but the bolded bit is just bollocks because I wouldn’t pretend our domestic season was anything other than a compete disappointment. You know that already because we’ve discussed it before, and you included it to have a cheap dig at me.

Of course I said it was delusional. How else would you describe a post that says we had the better side despite winning fùck all? It’s ludicrous however it’s dressed up. And the bottom line is that the head to head thing doesn’t add any weight to his argument at all and even if it did we lost 2 out of the 3. You might be a bit too young but I’m old enough to remember when we used to piss ourselves laughing at similar posts taken from scum forums.

Sorry mate but the bolded bit is just bollocks because I wouldn’t pretend our domestic season was anything other than a compete disappointment. You know that already because we’ve discussed it before, and you included it to have a cheap dig at me.
You can think our season was a disappointment and believe that our strongest 11 is better than Celtic's, it's not mutually exclusive.

It wasn't really a cheap dig. I was pretty blunt in calling you out becuase it can get quite frustrating reading you say that we essentially need to rip it up and start again all the time.

You can think our season was a disappointment and believe that our strongest 11 is better than Celtic's, it's not mutually exclusive.

It wasn't really a cheap dig. I was pretty blunt in calling you out becuase it can get quite frustrating reading you say that we essentially need to rip it up and start again all the time.

That’s what the ignore button is for mate. I use it quite a bit myself because it saves a lot of time. It was a needless dig though that didn’t serve any real purpose but to derail things.

On the actual subject of McKenna, he’s a decent player, but if they end up paying the sort of fee Aberdeen were rumoured to be looking for then I’ll laugh my tits off.

He’s good in the air, he’s not so great with players running at him. If Kent can find form again he’s the sort of player who’d rip McKenna up and use him for arse paper.

Just read they've released Simunovic ( actually about a week ago along with Hayes). Another £20m player leaves, this time on a free.

They will need to replace both, I don't see them going for McKenna though.

Probably do OK in the SPFL, however if they pay £5m for him they're nuts. He's been exposed quite a bit when I've seen him play for Scotland, including getting his timing all wrong & being easily out jumped in the air. To me he would be a weak link for them in Europe.

Turning down £7 million for a bulked up Zander Diamond was one the worst financial decisions I've ever seen.

It's the mentally challenged propoganda rebound effect.
Other clubs lap up the over pricing pish so much they actually believe that there players are worth more too.

Let me explain what I meant since your incapable of comprehending what I assumed was a fairly easy point to understand.

They literally ran away with the league due to them being handed it by their placemen.

Rangers have a better team than Celtic, as is evidenced in the matches between the two sides this season and if that’s not enough for you then it’s also evidenced in how far we’ve got in Europe.

Hope you manage to understand and I hope I’ve not misused any words for you.
sorry mate, that's just not true. we lost the league in 3 or 4 games after Christmas where we failed to show up completely and big players went missing. we also struggle generally breaking down a stubborn bank of 10 men. enough of this deluded placemen stuff, we were doing just fine till Christmas.

Just read they've released Simunovic ( actually about a week ago along with Hayes). Another £20m player leaves, this time on a free.

They will need to replace both, I don't see them going for McKenna though.
the athletic is usually a good source these days. seems likely.

sorry mate, that's just not true. we lost the league in 3 or 4 games after Christmas where we failed to show up completely and big players went missing. we also struggle generally breaking down a stubborn bank of 10 men. enough of this deluded placemen stuff, we were doing just fine till Christmas.
Im deluded because I believe Celtic have placemen?

ok.

An Englishman once said to me, "you experience a better feeling in life as a Rangers Supporter than you would do playing for celtic". So True.

btw, its not about what lurkers think of us. it's bemusement at fans going on about 'best footballing side in the country' as if that's a consolation for not winning the league?

is there a trophy for who plays the best football?

The Tommy Burns imaginary cup.

A worthless bauble.

Whoever they sign from any Scottish team will weaken them IMO.

I would say McKenna is a better penalty box defender, less mistake prone and more physical than Ajer or Julien.

They are both quicker, better with the ball at their feet and all round better technical footballers.

McKenna plays physical strikers like Morelos and Dykes better than they do.

Agree it is a big ask in the current climate but if we are serious about winning the title we need far better quality, both within starting 11 and squad.

And thats before we consider the possibility of losing 2 or 3, like Kamara, Barasic and Alfie.

Replacing them would be v difficult - maybe Kamara could go but Barasic and Alfie must staff unless we get funny money.

McKenna is pish and wouldn't improve them in the slightest. Nor, would they be paying Aberdeen anywhere near the value Aberdeen supposedly rate him at.

It's always the same individual poster complaining about how poor we are. He spent all last season banging on about 'trends' and 'patterns' - when he wasn't hating on Ronaldo.

while he is not as bad as being made out, I do think he doesn’t make their first team. He’s decent, let’s not kid ourselves

Back