Scott McKenna

From a national perspective, the Motherwell rhat and the boy from KIlmarnock are both better centre halves than McKenna.
Not saying much I know.

Our 4 boys are streets ahead of all three.

McKenna smugly walked off the park without protest last season when Madden showed him the red card. Only because he knew Alfie was getting one as well.
It was like - "Ah job done".
Some may say he was "clever", might have said it myself if he'd managed to stay on the park himself.
Fucked his team 4-2.

He is absolutely pish.

I’d feel ripped off if we paid £1M for him. Edmundson is ten times the player and can’t even get on our bench.

Against better opposition yesterday Scotland would have lost at least 3-4 goals just like against Russia and Belgium.
Poor defensively
Ok midfield- but not great defensively.
As for up front - utter gash.

I'd like to see Scotland get to the Euros just so I can see him embarrassed on the top stage which would wipe millions off his "valuation" which seems to have been done by blind journalists.

although I'd love to see the scum waste money on him as well, the more the merrier. Milne at the sheep would make sure that the team doesn't see much of that money either as he'll put it straight into his account

It was Provan who was talking him up yesterday as if he was Jaap Stam in his pomp.

"McKenna would be first pick every day of the week", then after he got horsed for the disallowed goal & ended up on his Archibald it was "a fully fit McKenna would be first pick every day of the week".

I also don't think he's as good in the air as is being made out here - he gets outjumped & loses his man in the box on a regular basis - Khazakstan, anyone...?

Maybe am doing him a disservice regarding his match fitness, but give me a £1.5m Katic every day of the week until the cows come home!

It was Provan who was talking him up yesterday as if he was Jaap Stam in his pomp.

"McKenna would be first pick every day of the week", then after he got horsed for the disallowed goal & ended up on his Archibald it was "a fully fit McKenna would be first pick every day of the week".

I also don't think he's as good in the air as is being made out here - he gets outjumped & loses his man in the box on a regular basis - Khazakstan, anyone...?

Maybe am doing him a disservice regarding his match fitness, but give me a £1.5m Katic every day of the week until the cows come home!

Belgium ( Lukaku header ) & us ( Ross McCrorie goal ) he was easily outjumped in both.

To me as well as the comments above he just has no mobility or athleticism.

He's a pretty average defender tbh, not great not overly terrible. Aberdeen is his level imo.

He's an absolutely jobber. Average/decent SPFL level defender is the most he'll amount to. Would get found out down south in the championship in a heart beat .

A certainty mate. Next thing he’s being touted for £30 million.
Are you sure they've got the right currency? I watched a bit of the game yesterday & the bit I saw he headed the ball straight up in the air twice on the trot. I could only think christ, he's dire.

Watched him yesterday for Scotland.
A head like a ten Bob bit.
Heading balls straight into the danger areas.
Heading balls back to the opposing team when under no pressure.

I almost fell off the couch when I read the Sun ratings and they said he apparently had a great game! He is a big cart horse, good in the air but nothing else.
If we signed him he would honestly be our 5th choice centre half.

The same people that say Morelos isn’t worth anywhere near £20m claim the donkey McKenna is worth more than £10m

We can't or don't produce class centre backs in Scotland anymore, hence the reason we as a club don't have any in our first team squad, perhaps in the future SG. will find some kids like Gordon McQueen/Willie Miller/or Big Eck?

Aberdeen must be kicking themselves that they never took the offers which were made before.

Absolutely.

The media reported that they were offered a few million for him by a couple of English clubs.

Ibet they now wish they had taken that dough because they ain’t getting that offer again.

He is a poor man’s Zander Diamond FFS.

He was born in the same town as Bon Scott, so I’ll cut him some slack..............
Not too much but.

He’s supposedly signing for the scum in January along with cosgrove and turnbull.

Would be shocked if they went for Cosgrove. Delighted because he’s absolutely garbage, but still shocked.

If you’ve got a negative opinion on an opposition player it’s “blue tinted specs” I’ll happily admit the mhanks have a few players I’d of had at Rangers but McKenna is genuinely abysmal. I’ve never seen him have a good game even in the biggest games of his season against he’s looked utterly dreadful.

I’m trying to think of an Aberdeen player I admire so I can prove it’s not bias but I genuinely can’t think of one. Appallingly bad squad and manager.
Their keepers quite good,still wouldn't rate him higher than McGregor or Wes

A complete dud. Unbelievable that they believe they are going to get umpteen million for him. Reminds me of another superstar in the making Mark Reynolds who Rangers unbelievably made a bid for at one time.
I doubt if they will get that much for him, no one has offered any decent money for him, he’s a haddie.

Back