Scott Nisbet seriously ill

He has had so much bad luck with injuries and now this. All the strength you need Scott.

I also seem to remember an unlucky og he scored. I think it was aginst a Russian team in Europe but my memory is crap for things like that. The opposing player took a free kick I think and it rattled off Scott's head or back and looped over our keeper.

Remember watching the ball spin and end up in the net that night, he turned round with the greatest look on his face. Wonderful memory.
Best wishes and good luck to Scott.

Having survived that same condition earlier this year, I wish Scott all the best.

Walter used to say about him, "Every pass is an adventure."

As for his wonder goal against Bruges, there are two things I would like to say -

1. Folk say it was freak, and it was. But everyone forgets we exited Europe the previous season, because of another freak when the ball spun off Nisbet's foot away from Andy Goram in extra time, and I think we went out on the away goals rule, so his goal v Bruges was definitely Karma.

2. After the performance of that Polish ref against Bruges when he sent off Hateley - the phrase "plain brown envelope" springs to kind - we thoroughly deserved both that goal and our victory!

What a team that was!

That’s not good news but Scott will be in my thoughts and prayers. As said, not the worlds best player but he made it into our memories with THAT goal and many “squad players” have come and gone and not been as fondly remembered.

Keep fighting big man and win this battle.

Only 52 as well. Cancer really is a horrible bastard. My mum moved into a hospice today and doctors said she's only got a few weeks left. Was absolutely fine then had stomach pains in mid April. Turns out she has aggressive pancreatic cancer and there's nothing they can do. She's only 62.

They really need to find a way to stop this disease sooner rather than later.

Having survived that same condition earlier this year, I wish Scott all the best.

Walter used to say about him, "Every pass is an adventure."

As for his wonder goal against Bruges, there are two things I would like to say -

1. Folk say it was freak, and it was. But everyone forgets we exited Europe the previous season, because of another freak when the ball spun off Nisbet's foot away from Andy Goram in extra time, and I think we went out on the away goals rule, so his goal v Bruges was definitely Karma.

2. After the performance of that Polish ref against Bruges when he sent off Hateley - the phrase "plain brown envelope" springs to kind - we thoroughly deserved both that goal and our victory!

What a team that was!

If only if there was a love button!

Jeez. Have met the big guy several times in Playa Blanca. Great guy. Good luck to him.

Wasn't really going to mention it, but my mum phoned me tonight to tell me that she has been diagnosed with cancer. Feel like I have been hit by a truck. She is in her 70's but never really been ill in her whole life.

Just goes to show that you just don't know what's round the corner.
Hope big Nissy & your mum beat this, thoughts to you & your family CoopBlue

For years, I thought the best goal he scored was against Brugge. Not a chance! He hit a 40 yarder in a 5's tourney! Gives you some inside into what a player he was.

Fingers crossed he makes a recovery. Scored one of the most legendary rangers goals ever.

Fight it big yin, you can beat it.
Horrible disease that unfortunately impacts on just about every family at some point. Wish the brainy people could find a cure for all forms of the disease.

Awful news.

Fight it with everything you've got Scott.

We are all willing you to come through this.

Dreadful news, always have a chat with him on twitter .
Knew a family that went to lanzarote and sent their boys to Nizzy’s football camp and couldn’t speak highly enough of him
For that crazy goal against Brugge he’ll always be a cult hero for the Bears
Best wishes to the big guy

I had my kidney removed 3 years ago. Had a kidney stone and went to hospital. When they did a CT scan they found a 9cm tumour on it. I was 42 and have 3 kids the youngest was 3 years old at the time. That was the worst part.

As long as the tumour hasn't spread outside the kidney then Nissy will be fine.i was back at work 8 weeks after the op. Luckily enough mine was contained and no chemo etc was required. I hope the big man gets the same luck I got.

Back