Scott Nisbet seriously ill

Horrible for Scott and his family. I wish them all the best. Here's hoping the big guy can beat this and recover.

Sad news.
Get well soon Scott.
That picture of him celebrating at the Brugge game,wearing a classic white strip, head thrown back, roaring, a great memory from a fantastic European season.

Best wishes to him and keep up the defiant attitude. It’s half the battle.
I had a 12x14cm tumour removed along with spleen and part of my diaphragm last year. Unfortunately I’ve 2 new tumours now being shrunk by chemo to make surgery possible, though still dodgy.
So it all sounds so familiar with me. Keep fighting and we’ll both come through it.

Nissy, you gave me one of my best nights at Ibrox with that crazy goal, now go on son and beat this we're all behind you.

Oh dear I'm so sorry to hear this, I have met him a couple of times at functions and also nearly had a wee bump with him in a petrel station in Ingliston, very nice guy.

Jeez. Have met the big guy several times in Playa Blanca. Great guy. Good luck to him.

Wasn't really going to mention it, but my mum phoned me tonight to tell me that she has been diagnosed with cancer. Feel like I have been hit by a truck. She is in her 70's but never really been ill in her whole life.

Just goes to show that you just don't know what's round the corner.

chin up mate!!!!

I had my kidney removed 3 years ago. Had a kidney stone and went to hospital. When they did a CT scan they found a 9cm tumour on it. I was 42 and have 3 kids the youngest was 3 years old at the time. That was the worst part.

As long as the tumour hasn't spread outside the kidney then Nissy will be fine.i was back at work 8 weeks after the op. Luckily enough mine was contained and no chemo etc was required. I hope the big man gets the same luck I got.
All the best for your continued health, Kenny.
A story of inspiration for Scott right there.

The first time I saw Nissy play was at Annfield for Scotland Under 18's (I think) where he played as centre forward. He was excellent that night, so much so I wrote to the Rangers News saying he should get a involved in the first team squad.

Met him since and he is a lovely, down to earth fella.

I'm sure he will show the same determination and fight in this as he did on the pitch.

Good luck fella.

I can relate to this in 2002 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer , the kidney had to be removed.
Five years later the same cancer spread to my lung again another operation to remove most of my left lung.
18 years on I,m still here my lifestyle hasn't changed much, retired now ,never miss a home game, golf three times a week & drink far too much than is good for me.
So there is hope for Nissy , your body can function quite well on one kidney.
I remember seeing him in The Terrace bar a few years ago in Playa Blanca, never spoke to him but he was chatting away with loads of the bears & seemed a likeable big guy who was living the dream.
Chin up Scott & fight on, the Rangers family are with you all the way

I can relate to this in 2002 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer , the kidney had to be removed.
Five years later the same cancer spread to my lung again another operation to remove most of my left lung.
18 years on I,m still here my lifestyle hasn't changed much, retired now ,never miss a home game, golf three times a week & drink far too much than is good for me.
So there is hope for Nissy , your body can function quite well on one kidney.
I remember seeing him in The Terrace bar a few years ago in Playa Blanca, never spoke to him but he was chatting away with loads of the bears & seemed a likeable big guy who was living the dream.
Chin up Scott & fight on, the Rangers family are with you all the way
Great to see a positive post like this and raises our hopes that Scott will beat this.
Good luck big man in your fight we are all rooting for you.

Back