Scott Nisbet seriously ill

Cancer does not give a shit how fit and healthy you are.
Doesn't sound good for Scott but
wishing him all the best as he and his family go through this.

Horrible news - get well soon Nissy. The goal v Brugge and his tap in v Hearts then dance celebration couple of great memories from old videos which were almost worn out!

I can relate to this in 2002 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer , the kidney had to be removed.
Five years later the same cancer spread to my lung again another operation to remove most of my left lung.
18 years on I,m still here my lifestyle hasn't changed much, retired now ,never miss a home game, golf three times a week & drink far too much than is good for me.
So there is hope for Nissy , your body can function quite well on one kidney.
I remember seeing him in The Terrace bar a few years ago in Playa Blanca, never spoke to him but he was chatting away with loads of the bears & seemed a likeable big guy who was living the dream.
Chin up Scott & fight on, the Rangers family are with you all the way

Great to hear mate

All the best, and hope Nissy can pull through

That's awful, hopefully the big guy wins this battle.

I was lucky enough to be there against Bruges and can still see it in my minds eye, the copland went bananas after it.

always remember him playing up front and scoring against hearts at hampden, then doing his wee dance.

This is always my first memory, ahead of the goal v Bruges.

Think it was because it was on my first VHS tape of the 88/89 season. Jumps to the side of the post and does his wee wiggle. Just looked so happy to be playing for the team he adored.

Get well soon.

Cancer is indeed a cnut.....I lost a good mate to oral cancer he was only 43

All the best and get well soon Nizzy
No Surrender

Horrible, cruel disease but the big man has age, fitness and determination on his side.

Good luck big man.

Will never forget the feeling when that goal against Bruges went in.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to Nizzy in his fight.

Remembered fondly for the goal against Brugge but for a period he was a standout at the back and banging on the door of the national team.

Horrible news - his goal against Brugges and his celebratory dance are etched in my memory. Wishing him all the very best in his fight against this.

All the best to Scott in his fight against this, and to good health when he comes out the other side.

Jeez. Have met the big guy several times in Playa Blanca. Great guy. Good luck to him.

Wasn't really going to mention it, but my mum phoned me tonight to tell me that she has been diagnosed with cancer. Feel like I have been hit by a truck. She is in her 70's but never really been ill in her whole life.

Just goes to show that you just don't know what's round the corner.

My dad and niece both had it at same time, niece died in Feb aged 22, dad died in April. Was a horrendous time for the family. Best of luck to you and your mum mate.
Also for the big man.

Met him few years ago at a legends game in belfast couldnt have been any nicer.hopefully he beats it

Back