Scott Paton from the bluenotes

It's never been released as a recording, Scott would occasionally do it acapella at certain functions, the whole room would stand heads bowed you could literally hear a pin drop.

A outstanding tribute to a brave volunteer from an outstanding man.

Available on the CD Side By Side With Ulster.

Spoke to a member of his family earlier today, I believe that the funeral is now likely to be Tuesday next week at McGregors in Coatbridge.

No doubt firmer details will be available in next few days.

Do you mean McLaren's? Never heard of McGregor's.

Very, very sad news. His voice has been and always will be part of our culture. Heartbreaking to think it’s our time to say goodnight. Rest in peace Scott

It's never been released as a recording, Scott would occasionally do it acapella at certain functions, the whole room would stand heads bowed you could literally hear a pin drop.

A outstanding tribute to a brave volunteer from an outstanding man.
The first time I heard Scott do this was in Townhead community center about 16 or 17 years ago. I still get goosebumps when I think about it. Absolutely incredible.

Very sad news about his passing.

Safe in the arms of Jesus.

Here Lies A Soldier

a sad loss indeed I was in the Calvay when Scott was and he was a brilliant big guy,very talented amazing on side & bass drum.on nights out with the YCV it was a pleasure hearing Scott belt out the songs a capella on the bus to & from the clubs

Back