Press Conference Scott Wright presser after St Johnstone game

He had a run today which I think really sums him up. Turned at lightening speed on the half way line, got past a few players then couldn’t pick out a cross at the end of it.

compare that to Matondo who took it round the keeper then had the composure to find and execute the pass to Arfield. I’m not sure any of our other wide players get that assist

Matondo set up two goals today. Wright had chances to but he can’t deliver the final pass on a regular basis.

That’s the difference.
Was in Broomie. Maybe I'm biased with watching him shooting into us, and he was anonymous. Borna was just avoiding giving him the ball eventually.

I thought Wright done ok today.
Had me off my seat at one point with the ability he has.
Don't get the disdain the boy gets.
Matondo was not good today.
Maybe he's just more glamorous than Wright.
He had an ineffective first half but he was superb second half. He had two assists and smacked the crossbar with a great shot.

Did you actually watch the game?

He had an ineffective first half but he was superb second half. He had two assists and smacked the crossbar with a great shot.

Was at the game.
As I said maybe more obviously shite when he was in our half.

Bang on, he grew into the game and he was superb in the 2nd half.

The shot that struck the bar could have made their keeper look very daft, he was so nonchalant.

Another bang average performance and rightfully taken off. Just doesn’t do it for me. His crossing today was woeful and he just doesn’t do enough.
I don’t rate him at all. His contribution yesterday was zero, and like most games he plays, when the ball reaches him the end result is usually that Rangers lose possession - his passes rarely reach team mates, he constantly runs into opposition players, his decision making is poor & slow & he often overruns the ball.

What on earth is it that people see in him that makes him good enough to play in our first team? He’s nowhere near the required standard.

I thought Wright done ok today.
Had me off my seat at one point with the ability he has.
Don't get the disdain the boy gets.
Matondo was not good today.
Maybe he's just more glamorous than Wright.
He's so close to being great.. needs to keep working on that final ball

Bang on, he grew into the game and he was superb in the 2nd half.

The shot that struck the bar could have made their keeper look very daft, he was so nonchalant.
I thought he had a good second half. This was probably due to the game being a bit more stretched in the later stages and he had more space to work in.

Some people need to chill out. I agree with a lot of people in that he should not be a starter in our team but some of the criticism is OTT.

Our own late great Davie Cooper did not fire on all cylinders in every single game and far from it. Some days things will come off for you and others it won’t.

There’s definitely something there with Wright. His turn of pace is excellent and he can show flashes of composure.

Eg setting up Kamara against Leipzig or taking the ball and scoring in the Scottish cup final. Both huge games for us.

He needs to work on his consistency. His touch, his decision making and his ability to set up a goal. It’s all in there and I think he will come good, otherwise he would have been canned well before now.

Half decent first half, never done much at all 2nd half except mess up a real good attacking move we had put together

Squad player

Can’t think of any other player that gets the number of chances Wright does, manager clearly rates him but he seems most effective as a sub.

I thought he had a good second half. This was probably due to the game being a bit more stretched in the later stages and he had more space to work in.

He’ll thrive against tiring hammer throwers so his pace is a very good asset to have.

Back