Scott Wright - Scotland squad?

McQueen

Thought he looked good when he came on and scored an excellent goal. Has really played his part these past couple of months and managed to get a few goals.

Could be in with a shout of being in the Scotland squad for the Ukraine match.

Thought he looked good when he came on and scored an excellent goal. Has really played his part these past couple of months and managed to get a few goals.

Could be in with a shout of being in the Scotland squad for the Ukraine match?
He’s really come onto a game, and beginning to find an end result (which was missing before) - Gio clearly trusts him, too. I think he’ll grow into a starter next year.

I thought he did really well when he came on, showing a lot of nice touches, determination and confidence. Keep it up.

Some finish for his goal showed real composure something I’ve accused him of lacking before.

He gives us a fast transition from defending to attacking, and now showing some end product too. Could be a big player next season

Maybe seeing what I want to see, but Roy Makaay hugging him when he scored made it look like all the hard work had paid off.

Has a lot of work to do IMO. Need's to be more consistent. If he shows the form he has in the last month of the season then he will be in with a shout.

I think it’s hard to argue he has a good shout for the squad - plenty big game experience this season, and he’s finally beginning to find an end product for all his good play.

Wright has really surprised me. He is still going to be a squad player going forward but Gio has really improved him and he is now a very capable player.

Every credit to the lad.

He's done very well in the last few games and must surely be in contention for a call up. As we know though, playing well doesn't necessarily mean you'll even get looked at by Clarke. He sometimes leaves some very good performers out whilst picking players who have offered nothing to the club.

I am normally reluctant for our players to join the Scotland squad but in Wright's case it may be a good thing for him. The extra exposure and confidence could help him quite a bit.

I know at lot of folk will disagree but personally i always want to see as many Rangers players as possible in the Scotland team

My old grandfather used to say to me as a kid ,a good Rangers team ,makes for a good scotland team

I know it's a different era ,but it still rings true for me

He is a lot better tactically than I thought. Like Lumdsram, Gio has got the best out of him and used his flexibility as a real asset.

Wright is an intelligent player and not normally the type that thrives in Scotland. I think he could go abroad or down south and do very well. I’ve always thought he was under rated with us. I’d love to see him get better next season.

No, scored a good goal today but not good enough for rangers in my opinion and deffo not close to being in the Scotland squad

Could be in with a shout of being in the Scotland squad for the Ukraine match.
No.Take a holiday and come back ready

His end product has improved since gio came in he has levels to go up just look at Lundstram and Bassey as proof of what this coaching team can turn players into probably won't make the squad this time around but should be aiming for a call up after the world cup

Is he the new Lafferty? Looked good the end of last season too and only came back in to form towards the end of this season.

I’d rather he quit the national side and focussed on being all he can be with us, I know he won’t but if you followed Rangers in the 2000’s you would better understand. Scotland fans will just turn on him when something goes wrong because he’s a Ranger.

Fück the SFA I still remember how you did us over in the past.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JCL
He should be in the Scotland squad, but I’m not sure Clarke will pick him. Either way, he’s had a really positive end to the season and hopefully he can push on with us after the summer.

I like what he brought today. He’s a much better player as a CAM than a winger cause his final ball can be poor but he carries the ball very well and broke their lines a good few times. Game changer today

There's more to come from him. Definitely improving and will be in consideration for Scotland if that continues.

Back