Scott Wright Sunday

Boro_gers07

Anyone have a feeling like me that Wright may be a surprise inclusion in the starting line up on Sunday? Tin hat on

Reason I'm suggesting this is that the best old firm performance (so far) this season was the first game. We had two pacy wingers pressing them high up the park that day (Barker and Kent)

Thoughts?

Personally I would have Arfield kamara and Davis in midfield also.

I think he just might!

Team could be:

McGregor
Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Arfield
Kamara

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Would leave fire power off the bench of Hagi, Itten, Roofe, Aribo, and Defoe if fit. Some line up.

I think that position and the 3rd midfielder are the only jerseys up for grabs.

I'd start him, gerrard won't though, if you took a straw poll on here, I think most would like wright to start, he also did well against them when he was with the sheep

I think Roofe will start but Wright must be oh so close to being given the nod and could yet be a significant influence as the game goes on and he enters as a sub. He is super lively and it wouldnt surprise me at all if he scores when he does come on.

No. The reality is he hasn't done enough yet to merit a start ahead of Roofe, Hagi and Aribo in a game of this magnitude.

He's a great option to have off the bench though.

Anyone have a feeling like me that Wright may be a surprise inclusion in the starting line up on Sunday? Tin hat on

Reason I'm suggesting this is that the best old firm performance (so far) this season was the first game. We had two pacy wingers pressing them high up the park that day (Barker and Kent)

Thoughts?

Personally I would have Arfield kamara and Davis in midfield also.
Would be good to see him on from the start with orders to just go at them over and over...run himself into the ground then bring on Hagi for him in second half to do the same.

Don't let up for a second in the match.

He's looked good so far but I can't see him start on Sunday.
Id like to see him come on for the last 20 minutes and run at the tarr1ers when they're running out of steam

He will come on at some point. Great wee player hope he does well for
Us, next season I think he’ll go from strength to strength.

If there’s one thing that Celtic can still do it’s knock the ball around the back and middle. If we let them do that it gives them confidence. Maybe not enough to get the win but if we deny them that time/space it will make our lives a lot easier. With good rest (unlike last time), I believe with the right team we can dominate the ball and therefore the game. That means arfield providing grit in the middle and aribo right now 10 for ball retention.

Wright Morelos Kent

That front 3 would destroy their defence but we won't see it.
I said the same in the curveball thread the other day. I think they would cause havoc.

I think Gerrard will go with Roofe Morelos Kent though - which I would be very happy with too.

I think he will play Aribo wide right with Davis, Kamara and Arfield to male sure we dominate the middle of the park.

Don't think he will but I'd be happy for him to start. Think he would offer more protection to Patterson too.

I would start Wright. He's looked itching to play every time I've seen him come on, and he actually looked like he could have made a difference at Parkhead when he came on. Roofe hasn't looked as sharp as we need him, I'd bring him off the bench if Wright doesn't make an impact.

I think Roofe will play because he has more exprience.

But being able to play Wright, Hagi and Aribo on the right leaves us in a strong position.

Alfie could slot out to right as well and let Defoe, Roofe or Itten through the middle.

Wright could also go on the left and Kent on the right.

Were spoiled for choice

If were on form well roast their full backs.

Good shout. I’ve been wanting to see a front three of Kent-Morelos-Wright for a while now. I think it would give us a really dynamic option in the final third. Wright gives you that extra composure on the ball and that little extra second to allow the game to unfold around him in the attacking third. I also think at times Morelos doesn’t look as effective when Roofe is in the team. Don’t like the chemistry with those two.

Would be a risk but I wouldn’t be against it, we started barker away to them at the start of the second and I felt that’s been our best performance against them. Maybe having two pacy inside forwards helped with that? I don’t know. Roofe hasn’t looked his best since coming back, same with arfield. It’s why I can see aribo definitely playing whether that be up top or in midfield. That right hand side position is up for grabs, will come down to roofe, hagi, aribo. I don’t think Gerrard will risk wright.

The reason Barker started is because a lot of the squad were away on international duty at the time and it meant they wanted to drill the tactics in the players throughout the week who’d not been away on international duty. As thats not the case this time i’d be surprised to see Wright starting. I think it will probably be Hagi starting and Aribo in midfield

Wouldn’t be upset to see him start. It would offer us pace and balance. However, I think the gaffer will start his strongest starting 11 and Roofe will get the nod ahead of him on the right up front.

Our Lord and Saviour Scott Wright.

He has impressed so far in his Rangers career but I wouldn’t be thinking about starting him on Sunday.

Alfie is our best attacker.

I just feel that Wright’s pace could destroy them.
As we have witnessed with them in Europe, pacey teams thats run at them tend to destroy them. We cant sit off them and allow them to attack as they are still decent going forward

I’d start him over Roofe

I’m not convinced Roofe Morelos and Kent work as a front 3 tbh. I think we need pace either side of Morelos and Wright has shown he’s dangerous and can track back to help out

I dont think he will

But

the fact fans on forums and in general are even bringing this up shows that the boy has something.
Im excited to see what lies ahead. The boys a fuckin star in the making

He would for me. Roofe has been poor since his return from injury and was ineffective against Celtic at New Year before getting hooked at HT. I like Roofe but I don’t think he warrants a start on Sunday. Wright for me has looked energetic and dangerous every time he’s played including his cameo at the chamber of secrets and I think we need to play with pace and enthusiasm on Sunday so he’d start if I was choosing the XI. He won’t start though.

Back