Scott Wright Sunday

No. Front 3 will be Alfie, Roofe and Kent.
Indeed, the game is too important to start playing pick 'n' mix.

Wright has looked impressive and might become a big player but Id leave him out of the XI Sunday and see how the game develops. If we're winning or need a spark late on he could have an impact but his time is likely a little further down the line from this weekend.

We'll start Roofe in the hope he gets a sniff and buries it. Wright hasn't shown that killer instinct yet. I do think he'll get time off the bench though to stretch the game when their fitness starts to go. I wouldn't be against him playing though, he's looked brilliant.

I don’t think he’ll start but I’d love to see his pace against their shambles of a back line.

Anyone have a feeling like me that Wright may be a surprise inclusion in the starting line up on Sunday? Tin hat on

Reason I'm suggesting this is that the best old firm performance (so far) this season was the first game. We had two pacy wingers pressing them high up the park that day (Barker and Kent)

Thoughts?

Personally I would have Arfield kamara and Davis in midfield also.

It certainly could happen, but I've a feeling it'll be Roofe or Aribo we see in that position.

I agree with your midfield.

Morelos and Kent are certs to start.

Wright ain’t going to start in front of Roofe, Hagi or Aribo for that third slot in the front three FFS :))

I think he just might!

Team could be:

McGregor
Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Arfield
Kamara

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Would leave fire power off the bench of Hagi, Itten, Roofe, Aribo, and Defoe if fit. Some line up.

I think that position and the 3rd midfielder are the only jerseys up for grabs.

I wouldn't be worried with that line up starting tomorrow.

Agree it is only those 2 positions that can change. Makes us slightly predictable if we go with Aribo and Roofe like they will be expecting.

We have options from the bench no matter what he goes with

Roofe and Arfield in for their work rate.Hagi and Aribo later when scum are tired.
Scum do not have a bench to worry us.Their half decent players will outwork our
lads who just want to lay good football
. Let’s do them Gers

I like the look of Wright but coming on for 20 minute cameos when the game has opened up is very different from playing from the start.

Also think a few folk have forgotten how important Roofe has been this season.

Ask yourself who is more likely to pop up with a big goal.

Dont see why the kid cant get a start tbh, roofe hasnt exactly played well in any old firm weve seen him either?

Roofe played 45 minutes in January when the whole team was garbage and he was carrying a knock and 13 minutes at Parkhead.

But aye, let’s ignore his vital goals this season for a boy whose only start was Cove Rangers

It will be roofe. I’d play hagi as my first choice out the aribo roofe wright choices.

roofe really needs to stand up now in these games and deliver something.

Anyone have a feeling like me that Wright may be a surprise inclusion in the starting line up on Sunday? Tin hat on

Reason I'm suggesting this is that the best old firm performance (so far) this season was the first game. We had two pacy wingers pressing them high up the park that day (Barker and Kent)

Thoughts?

Personally I would have Arfield kamara and Davis in midfield also.
Had the exact same conversation with my mate last night.Would love Wright and Kent to start upfront tomorrow with Alfie. Would give them some serious problems you'd like to think.

Roofe played 45 minutes in January when the whole team was garbage and he was carrying a knock and 13 minutes at Parkhead.

But aye, let’s ignore his vital goals this season for a boy whose only start was Cove Rangers
This place is a bit mental that way. Wright has looked good so far but I think some have him marked as the next Laudrup on the basis of a few good sub appearances and a good game against Cove.

I’d be very surprised if Roofe didn’t start up front with Alfie and Kent. In fact I think it’s an absolute certainty.

I would go with Roofe, I know hes not been at his best lately but we know what hes capable of.

Wright will definitely get on at some point though I would imagine

Based how the scum have conceded goals against us, they will want to avoid corners and freekicks however, go at them with pace and agility that Wright has in bundles, then they are in for a torrid time.

A lot of our fans have forgotten just how good he was from around October - January. He carried the team during that period when Kent and Morelos weren't at their best.

He's approaching full fitness how. You can see his sharpness levels are returning in the last couple of games. Would be shocked if he doesn't start tomorrow.

Struggling to think of another case where a completely underwhelming signing has proved me so wrong. I know it’s early days but he fits perfectly in our team, attitude, ability and work rate... he’s got it all. I love the wee guy and am sure we’ll see him tomorrow in some capacity.

I've got a feeling Aribo will start in the front 3 and Roofe will start on the bench.
For me Aribo starts ahead of Roofe, I just think he lacks that wee bit of pace which is vital in an old firm. It's good we can bring the likes of Hagi Wright and Roofe,should it get to extra time. I can't see it getting to ET mind you,but good to have that strength from the bench.

He could well be in with a shout but I wouldn’t say it would be a surprise. He’s done OK so far.

I think Roofe isn’t fit enough for this. I’d love to see Wright, Kent and Morelos running at their back four.

he came on and changed their 3-3 game earlier in the season, and I'm sure he's probably no played in most of the games you've listed, so your stats is irrelevant to the here and now
so if needed he can come on and change the game on Sunday.

Celtic are a 60 minute team. Impact sub seems to be the best use of wright. Let Celtic blow themselves out and then there is space all over the back four

The more I think about this the more difficult it gets to make my mind up

Whatever line-up gets picked - every starter needs to be well-up for the task in hand & everyone on the bench needs to be itching to get on

I'm also a bit unsure about the formation needed ?

There was talk (mostly in the biased Scots meejha) of ceptic's diamond in midfield being successful - & to be fair it took us far too long in the last game to deal with this

But I think it might be more about attitude, fight & derermination for midfield battles this time
For that reason I'd prefer to have JA further forward - or on the bench

But apart from that - I don't really mind & if SW starts - I'm still confident he'll contribute enough - but don't forget he won't be a surprise to timmy - who've faced him often enough in a sheep shirt

Wright possibly coming in to conteract the wee flasher that is Forrest?

The more I think about this the more difficult it gets to make my mind up

Whatever line-up gets picked - every starter needs to be well-up for the task in hand & everyone on the bench needs to be itching to get on

I'm also a bit unsure about the formation needed ?

There was talk (mostly in the biased Scots meejha) of ceptic's diamond in midfield being successful - & to be fair it took us far too long in the last game to deal with this

But I think it might be more about attitude, fight & derermination for midfield battles this time
For that reason I'd prefer to have JA further forward - or on the bench

But apart from that - I don't really mind & if SW starts - I'm still confident he'll contribute enough - but don't forget he won't be a surprise to timmy - who've faced him often enough in a sheep shirt
They’re performed better than us when they’ve played the diamond.

Thats why I don’t mind if Forrest is fit, they switch to a 4-2-3-1 & our midfield have dominated every single game they’ve played that formation.

They’re performed better than us when they’ve played the diamond.

Thats why I don’t mind if Forrest is fit, they switch to a 4-2-3-1 & our midfield have dominated every single game they’ve played that formation.
Back on the op topic -
Do you see SW's inclusion having more success against the diamond or the 4-2-3-1 formation ?
Would you keep JA away from midfield for the 4-2-3-1 set-up as well ?

I can't make my mind up

The team I think will start;

McGregor

Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Kent, Morelos, Hagi

Roofe hasn't been great since his return from injury and this game is too big to play a player at 70% fitness. In the last game, I thought Hagi was finding space all the time but our lack of control in the midfield meant we couldn't get the ball to him enough, but he still played that cracking ball over the top to Kent that nearly resulted in a terrific goal. I feel like Roofe starting against Hibs was a sign that Hagi was getting the nod this week.

The 3rd midfield spot could go to Aribo and Gerrard does love him, but I think he'll go with Arfield as he likes the physical side of these games.

Honestly, it's great to have so many conceivable options. It makes us unpredictable.

Folk do get upset on here if people have a different opinion on a player starting ahead of another !
Roofe Alfie Kent is the strongest front 3 all fit and firing. Aribo in there has merits and Wright Kent Alfie has merits also. Nice to have options though eh ?!

I’d like to see Wright play. I do think Roofe is class but he was at his best when he was the focal point in the team and the main striker. I don’t think he really suits playing in a front three when he’s on the periphery and has no pace. The issue is that the last five or six Old Firm games have been so different. Some we’ve dominated ball and others been more counter attack orientated. If it’s the latter again then Wright or Aribo over Roofe for me

Id throw him in personally him and Kent running at their defence will pin them back and worry them resulting in doubling up and hopefully free up the Midfield to control the game

Back