Scott wright video

Going by that video he is better than what we have in the attacking
mid / wing positions. Kent excepted. With the amount of time
we spend in and around the oppositions penalty box there would be more opportunities
to increase his goals/ assists
tally.

Most of Gerrard's signings have been good, but he has made a couple of not so good ones e.g. Grezda.

But most of the not so good ones seem to be kind of last minute panic buys/loans, most of the ones that a lot of long term research and consideration goes into seem to be great.
Urgh. I forgot about him. How that throbber is a professional footballer I'll never know.

Wright looks good from that video. Hopefully get him in and offload someone else.

As others have said I tend not to notice opposition SPFL players but in the 3-3 game Aberdeen had against the mentally challengeds Wright definitely stood out.

He skipped past about 4 of their players in injury time in the build up to their penalty equaliser.

The only other player I remember standing out in a game was Kamara for Dundee at Ibrox so hopefully this transfer goes as well!

What i liked from video was that he wasnt a player like jones or MOH to some extent that needs pace to just run into. In the videos i watched he looked like he has a burst of pace like kent, looks like he has a trick or two and quick feet to nick ball past you. What i liked most tho was in alot of the videos there was 2/3 players round him or a box full of defenders and he still produced something. Thats the difference when you come to Rangers and teams sit in and you need to change your game, but he showed he looks quite good at that already

He’s being brought specifically as he compliments our system so well. Who thought we’d every reach that stage when buying the likes of Kevin Kyle cause he’ll ruff em up.

Appears to have loads of potential, nice touch and knows where the goal is.

Doing it with the sheep against also rans with no expectations is on thing.

Let's hope the shirt and the crowds aren't too big for him.

I must admit, I hardly pay attention to other players in other teams apart from when they play us. When I was younger I would know most if not all the other players in the the league.

On the video he looks like he would make an impact.
I’m the same way now, personally been sickened with so much garbage surrounding Scottish football for many years now even before the poison of 2012 I had mostly switched off any interest outside of Rangers but when I was younger and things were a lot more healthier than the situation we have now you would take note of the opposition players a lot more and and have an appreciation of good players and good teams but now I rarely pay any attention to other teams and players unless they are facing Rangers and show something that really catches the eye.

Back in the day when I was in my teens United and Aberdoom for example were always worth watching because they were good teams and had some cracking players and how do we know that? because they we’re doing the business in Europe which is always the best gauge of quality...you can’t do that now with a football landscape that’s been turned to absolute shit to appease haters and benefit only ONE club.

:))sorry for laughing ,just the thought of you going mental at aribo LOL
I don’t usually moan about lads not shooting, but it was ridiculous. Thankfully in the away days video Goldson was going mental at him too for not taking the shot :))

I don’t usually moan about lads not shooting, but it was ridiculous. Thankfully in the away days video Goldson was going mental at him too for not taking the shot :))
Bet you felt fully vindicated with goldson onside :)) my mad moments are the slack passes .Feel like booting the screen at times but would miss the rest of the match so have to just scream instead

I can only truly judge watching him every week in royal blue!

If the scouting department have identified him then I trust Gerrard and co to improve him.

Is he a RW cause we could do with one?

Completely different doing that for Rangers. Pressure, opponents upping their game, packed defence. Not that easy

I can only truly judge watching him every week in royal blue!

If the scouting department have identified him then I trust Gerrard and co to improve him.

Is he a RW cause we could do with one?
We’ve got two right 10’s (Roofe & Hagi).

Wright generally plays off the left, but he’d be comfortable in both.

To be honest I’ve never heard of him until now. It’s not like a Kenny miller situation where a player was known to be good and in demand.

still we shall see.

we just need to accept sometimes these deals work out and sometimes they don’t. Fingers crossed he stays injury free and moves up a level with our coaching and education

Few comparisons on here. For mr he reminds me of Barrie Mckay, similar in both technique and running style. Both talented players but both need more desire and hunger to be better and keep being better.

Looks decent. A wee bit one footed though? SG will make him a real player if he is willing to commit. Not scared of a shot from range which I think Kent and Hagi who are both two footed should do more of IMO.
Worth a shout I think if the deal is right for us.
Was thinking that as well.. very one footed.

When you look at hagi and Kent you can't even tell what is their weaker foot

I must admit, I hardly pay attention to other players in other teams apart from when they play us. When I was younger I would know most if not all the other players in the the league.

On the video he looks like he would make an impact.
I'm the same although my knowledge was based almost entirely on the Panini sticker books...

Looks like he has quick feet, direct, with a decent footballing instinct.
All that can be improved and advanced with better coaching and surrounded with better players.
The price will probably be right as well.

Don't take too much notice of opposing players but from those clips he def has something about him and i'm sure SG will get the best out of him .Far more skillful that lewis Ferguson who is no where near good enough to come to Ibrox .
Get it done and get the boy started and settled in before next season .

I think this’ll be a great deal for us.

Talented players at Aberdeen go under the radar because the animals in their team get more attention due to kicking fuk out of us.

Will this be the second Wright we’ve signed from dolly?

It's a simple thing for me. Our recruitment people are absolutely on the ball in spotting players . Their record of success to failure is superb. I think we leave it them.

The recruitment team will have watched and looked at everything and they obviously see potential
Signing a player is always a bit of a gamble but I hope the lad does well.

I thought it was more of an outside of the boot Pedro Mendes style LOL
It was a square pass with the outside of the right foot ( the one in the box for his team mate to get a shot away) it was clever but 100 times harder than a square with his left.
He looks to have a bit about him.

He's going to surprise a lot of people.

Totally agree mate.

I’ve saw him play a couple of times this season and both times he’s had moments that were genuine class.

Even against us he beat Goldson one time and Barisic another with some good skill and got into a really dangerous position.

He obviously needs to start doing things that like that more consistently should he become a Rangers player.

But easily saw enough to be happy with the club taking a punt on him, especially on a free transfer/nominal fee. If we got him in this window he’d definitely be another good option for breaking down stuffy defences and would give him time to bed in for next season.

Looks decent. A wee bit one footed though? SG will make him a real player if he is willing to commit. Not scared of a shot from range which I think Kent and Hagi who are both two footed should do more of IMO.
Worth a shout I think if the deal is right for us.

That was my impression watching the video. Seems to heavily favour his right foot constantly. More than happy to trust the management team though and he does look to have ability.

Back