Scott Wright - Welcome to Rangers - Official

Welcome to The Rangers Scott. I hope you have a very successful career with us and you win many Trophies with us.

Would be better to get him in now, Aberdeen won’t want an unhappy player & the boys our asset now, we need to think about we he can do for us.

Getting him early will allow us to get his fitness to our standard, get him up to speed on our system & allows him to actually iron out any issues he may have with the system.

We are better doing this just now rather than next season when we have it all to play for again.

I’m sure the clubs will come to some agreement, I’d hazard a guess will be around the £200-250k mark.

Not sure they wait till the summer with the player, coupled in with the fans anger would be worth the extra £100k or whatever.
I'll be honest...I know nothing about this lad. No point their playing him. Ferguson and the Rangers haters in the Sheep team wont pass to him now :rolleyes:

I also have no idea what this lad is like, the management obviously rate him better than the likes of Jones and Barker, both of whom I don’t rate, so welcome to the Rangers.

Imho we will wave the £350K for McCrorie to bring Wright in now.
I was under the impression we would need to pay a development fee for Wright, if we took him on the pre contract

- under 24
- been with Aberdeen since he was a kid
- was 23 when this season started
- has been offered a contract by Aberdeen

some posters say that’s not the case though, which is confusing me.

There wont be a dev fee if he is out of contract surely? So the position in January shouldnt change.
See Jake Hastie, some (credible) posters are saying we won’t but every bit of Fifa/SFA legislation I read suggests we will.

Due to his age, time spent at Aberdeen & the fact they offered him a contract.

Last edited:
I was under the impression we would need to pay a development fee for Wright, if we took him on the pre contract

- under 24

Aye it was Roscoblue saying no dev fee. Would definitely go with what he says as he’s right more than wrong with various club stuff

I hope we do get him in this window. Just means he gets a chance to settle in and our training will be levels above the sheep.

Aye it was Roscoblue saying no dev fee. Would definitely go with what he says as he’s right more than wrong with various club stuff
Aye I mentioned him in a following post as a “credible” poster, so I’m going to take his word for it & he quite happy :))

That Aberdeen forum is an embarrassment, all talk and no action.

Grown men talking about assaulting someone because they signed for a “rival” team? Really?

The comment about Wrights future child is just plain sick.

A reminder to those thinking we can wave £50k at the Sheep and get him early on a bargain like Kamara. Aberdeen will be due a Dev Fee for Wright. That will apply whether we get him now or wait until Summer. Since he’s been with them since before the age of 12 that will be substantial. Hastie, from Motherwell, was in a similar position and we agreed a fee of circa £350k to avoid going to a Tribunal. Any fee is likely to be in the same ballpark.

Don't think that's true, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Compensation F3 Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

SPFL Rules

Scott Wright is already 23.

- under 24

From their fans’ forum: No development fee is due if he joins them after the end of the season in which a player turns 23.

it is tough going in that forum. The level of hatred is pathetic. They are consumed with “career-ending” tackles for our players.

Don't think that's true, unless I'm reading this wrong.

SPFL Rules

I read that as because we agreed the pre-contract with him whilst he’s 23 & will officially join us whilst he is 23 - they would be due comp.

I’ve probably interpreted it wrong.

I read that as because we agreed the pre-contract with him whilst he’s 23 & will officially join us whilst he is 23 - they would be due comp.

I’ve probably interpreted it wrong.
It reads to me that if he moves to us at or before whatever date is considered the end of the season, they would be due compensation. If he joins after that, we won't.

For example, lets say his contract with Aberdeen ends 30/05. And lets say the end of the season is also 30/05, if he joins us 01/06 then we won't pay compensation.

It reads to me that if he moves to us at or before whatever date is considered the end of the season, they would be due compensation. If he joins after that, we won't.
Perhaps, like I said he will still be 23 when he joins up in the summer so I’ve interpreted it that way.

For once I’m glad that I’m wrong though :))

Don't think that's true.

SPFL Rules

Yup, he is already 23. Your quote makes it clear that if he registers "at or before the end of the season in which he turns 23" then a Dev Fee is applicable. We were discussing getting him in this month, which would be "before the end of the season in which he turns 23". If we wait until Summer then it would be 'at the end of the season in which he turns 23". I interpret that as meaning a Dev Fee applies in either case.

That Aberdeen forum is an embarrassment, all talk and no action.

Grown men talking about assaulting someone because they signed for a “rival” team? Really?

The comment about Wrights future child is just plain sick.

it’s embarrassing that they see themselves as our rivals. Their rivals are Hibs and Kilmarnock!

The fact there’s no fans at games might mean he sees out the season at pittodrie, but they might also think it’s not worth the hassle and try to do a deal this month.

That would be madness on our part. Knock £50k off the price certainly. No more than that

Think we have to pay a development fee for Wright as hes club trained at Aberdeen.

Would probably be about £250k for that so reckon we could possibly waive Mcrorie fee.

Yup, he is already 23. Your quote makes it clear that if he registers "at or before the end of the season in which he turns 23" then a Dev Fee is applicable. We were discussing getting him in this month, which would be "before the end of the season in which he turns 23". If we wait until Summer then it would be 'at the end of the season in which he turns 23". I interpret that as meaning a Dev Fee applies in either case.

If he comes in now we have to pay because he's still under contract but I don't think that's what it means when it says "at the end of the season". At or before would be on or before a specific date, is how I read that.

If he comes in now we have to pay because he's still under contract but I don't think that's what it means when it says "at the end of the season". At or before would be on or before a specific date, is how I read that.
We will have to disagree, which is fine. For me ‘at the end of the season’ is just that - we do have a date at which the season is deemed ended and the new one begun. It’s just that SFA/SPFL don’t, generally, tell us what that date is.

Welcome to the famous Scotty. Now go and score a couple in the double header against the scum and play your part in 55.

Back