Scott wright well done son

He made all the difference. Always positive and looking for a forward pass or driving at them, willing to take responsibility to try and make something happen. He needs a run of games to find consistency but he has all the attributes he needs to succeed. Hopefully he can kick on next season.

Did very well. Building confidence as well. His goal will hopefully help him start next season in a good place.

Not as natural a talent as Kent, but FAR more effective when it comes to goals.

I still blame him a bit for letting that cross come in for the Frankfurt goal tho.

One thing I really like is he’s always looking for the forward pass. Just a very positive option for us to have.

Some of his play today and Wednesday was top drawer. Willing him to do really well next season and expect him to be in the Scotland squad.

I like he's very economical in the way he gets by players when he gets the chance, where as Kent seems to make it look more of an effort

Another good performance from him and another well taken goal. He really is coming into the role and the team.

He’s been excellent lately. Gio looks like he’s improving some of the current squad who others had written off. The manager appears to be very single minded and has belief in the players. Wright’s desire to get up the park for the goal was fantastic.

I said it on Wednesday night he was by far our most effective fwd player in the first half.today he came on and I thought changed the game as we had somebody on the right running at the hearts defense.up to that point most of our attacks were coming down the left.his goal
was very similar to the goal he scored v Motherwell where he takes one touch and gets the shot away before the keeper can set himself.

Very similar to Barrie Mackay but with more heart and an end product. He’s still very raw but he’s a better player now than when we bought him. If he kicks on next year to the same extent he’ll play for Scotland.

When him and Jack came on as subs, I said “does Gio want to win this?” Thankfully he’s manager and I’m not.

Took his goal well, ran around a lot, some good defensive work
But much too slack in possession and I thought he tried to showboat a couple of times when keeping it simple snd keeping the ball would have been better for the team
I guess he is on a low wage andis nota bad option off the bench
He could be more if he becomes a bit more professional in his approach
Ran about a lot ??. He changed the game when he came on.

Has improved dramatically under Gio. Still a bit short of what we need for the European stage but he’s shown he can offer us something domestically.

Well done Scott, scored a great goal and played well when he came on, maybe not a fans fav or a Rangers class player but he’s more than played his part this season and hopefully he can progress next season and be a great player for us

At last Scott Wright realised what it is he can do that nobody else can and committed himself to doing it every time the ball comes to him.
Well done to him and the coaching staff that got him there.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in groaning when I saw him coming on but well done kid. Voted him MOTM for sealing it.

He did well. Strange season as he was persona non grata for a long time under Gio before coming back to feature heavily at the back end. Hopefully he kicks on from here after that performance.

His goal was class. I bet Roy Makaay’s coaching is having an impact on him - the touch to control and set up the shot was perfect.

Hes definitely improved this season, interested to see how he gets on next season, brilliant taken goal today

He was tremendous today. He’s had a strong finish to the season.

This is where I think Gio and his staff are far better at improving players than Gerrard and his team just need to look at Wrighy Bassey and Lundstrum since the turn of the year

The ridiculous "headless chicken" comments that both he and Sakala get on almost every matchday thread really grind my gears.
Both of them have qualities that can frighten the sh*te out of most defenders and they're both capable of game winning performances!
I'm delighted for Scott Wright for his performance and taking his opportunity to write himself into an important bit of Rangers history!

Best game of his career today - was excellent.. seems to be a player that Gio has a lot of confidence in.

He changed the game as did Jack and Kamara in truth.

Hes very direct and that was a cracking finish. Really pleased for the lad and hope this lifts his confidence as Gio clearly rates him.

Lovely strike for his goal and still chasing Hearts players down in the last couple of minutes. Helped change the game.
Well done Scott!!

My wife called me a wanker at full time, because 45 mins previously I was saying Scott Wright didn’t have it to make it at Rangers, and was generally slaughtering him.

Deserved. He had a great game today.

Iv said on more than one occasion that Aberdeen is his level but I’m very happy to be have been proved wrong lately,great composure for that finish

Back