Scott Wright

Nothing that his career didn't suggest when we signed him.

He's a neat and nice football player.

At Rangers if you want to play as a regular in an attacking position successfully, you need to start posting numbers.

He looks great when we try and play through the middle with quick one touch football.

He becomes anonymous when we resort to going wide and crossing over and over again when we’re chasing the game.

I think it's quite hard for him to do it on his own and none of the other players were moving a long with him. He plays better up front when he's allowed to get the ball and run at players but he's either just being pushed out wide or being asked to come deep - funnily enough, the same as Kent and he isn't getting any joy either.

The players overall just aren't working well together. What is worse is that after a spell they seem to get frustrated then down tools and I do think it is a downing of tools as there is no other explanation to the sheer lack of effort.

Looks good in flashes keep waiting for him to up a gear but now beggining to think he might not have any more

Looked lost today! It’s like he’s trying to hard sometimes.. I thought he was worth a shout for a Scotland call up but beginning to think he’s no up to much at all now

Can’t be too harsh on the lad as he was signed as a backup player from Aberdeen and hadn’t shown very much of notice when there.

But as his earlier performances showed he can actually be much more for us, just needs to up his numbers

He’s a good player but lacks a bit of quality and decision making in the final third which is why his numbers aren’t great.

Obviously signed because the club see something in him and can take what he has tot the next level. Well behind the level of Kent.

He pretty much sums up our backup options, not awful but you just know they have absolutely 0 chance of breaking into their position or improving the first 11 much

Iv
Nothing that his career didn't suggest when we signed him.

He's a neat and nice football player.

At Rangers if you want to play as a regular in an attacking position successfully, you need to start posting numbers.
Ive got to say that Roofe was not near as good as that boy and not a word said about it, it's not our recent buys that's our problem it's the team that won us the league last season that's not turning it on and Stevie G is not one for dropping his favourites.

I’m leaning towards a journey man. our desperation for a back up to Kent has inflated his worth.
Not just highlighting your post here but the theme of the thread in general. Someone please remind me when Kent didn't drop out of a game for us or play poorly (a lot more than people admit and I love watching the guy) yet gets a constant pass because his workrate is exceptional. Wright is exactly the same, works his ass off even if things aren't going his way, and there was a reason people in here actually wanted him starting ahead of Kent at stages this season. After a draw I just feel this is an atypical FF over reaction where every player gets it in the neck. 6 played, 1 defeat, top of the league, 4 clear of them, time for a clear out.

Too many people wanted Kent out the team for him. He has a chance to shine and didn’t take it. Can’t see what he is bringing to the team

We clearly bought him in the belief that we could add goals and assists to his game as he has the potential.

It hasn't happened yet.

Like when he beat half the braga team single handedly to score a wonder goal? The whole team aren't firing atm but Joe Aribo is the least of our issues.
Yeah that makes me feel so much better referencing a game that happened before covid was a thing.

Does that help turn today into a win?

Back