Scott Wright

Thought he was decent in first half and involved in lots of the good staff we played in that period. He has a good touch, passing is good and he has pace- that makes him different from other options, so I’m glad he’s here.

As for the adding numbers debate, he does need to score more goals. His finish against Livingston on first day and St J last season show he does have quality there to do it.

He would have couple of assists to his name if others had been sharper in and around box, so I’m not buying that one.

Last edited:
That turn he does, and the speed is effective, but he chooses the wrong option too often and doesn't post numbers as has been said. Could improve, was a low risk signing.

Capable of some good moments but from what I've seen now of him I don't think he's a particularly intelligent player.

He's busy and full of pace and energy but he just runs about not really doing very much a lot of the time.

His inexperience against Lyon showed massively, they must have conned him into about at least six or seven fouls in the last 15 minutes.

He is mince .
Watched him v us at Aberdeen and thought he was a hardworker. Then watched him with Aberdeen v Ross County and he was shyte - got hooked after missing an easy chance,

On Thursday he came on and gave away 4 fouls when he never needed to.
They targeted him

He does tend to drop out of games a little, he’s very much like kent in his first season with us imo. Needing to add that end quality to his game. Personally think right now he looks best when he comes off the bench.

We need more from him for sure he’s got the ability he just needs to back himself more
We should be asking aribo before wright, the boys doing ok, when we play thru the middle as in the 1st half he was involved, tells you alot

You’d think we got pumped 3-0 at home yesterday, all the players aren’t good enough, everyones a dud. Everyone needs to lower their expectations from last seasons miracle.

These results happen throughout the course of a season. Everyone needs to calm down.

All of six weeks ago we had posters describing this guy as the next coming of Laudrup.

There's no support like us for getting carried away with descriptions of our players, positively and negatively.
Yep, the up and down nature of opinions based purely on the last game is insane.

All of six weeks ago we had posters describing this guy as the next coming of Laudrup.

There's no support like us for getting carried away with descriptions of our players, positively and negatively.
It's a forum frequented by thousands of people, it seems pretty conceivable there might be more than one or two views read on here about players.

He's a good squad player, nothing more nothing less. Actually thought him, Roofe and Sakala dovetailed really well in the first half yesterday and we had a pace and fluidity in our front 3 we haven't had all season so far.

The drop off in the 2nd half for the full team is baffling.

I thought he played well first half, his movement is very good and he either plays the ball quickly first time or can run with the ball into space.

I got hammered on here earlier in the season saying Scott Wright needed to actually do something, step up and stand out so to speak. In terms of assists or scoring goals he brings nothing to the table.

You’d think we got pumped 3-0 at home yesterday, all the players aren’t good enough, everyones a dud. Everyone needs to lower their expectations from last seasons miracle.

These results happen throughout the course of a season. Everyone needs to calm down.
I agree to a certain extent in that overall results this season were going to be worse, as last season simply couldn't be repeated, especially as we didn't improve the starting eleven.

The problem is that IMO we haven't played well at all this season - we've limped & scraped through games, and are looking like losing goals from all over the pitch, especially away from home - we've already lost to Dundee Utd & drawn with Motherwell, & needed a late worldie to beat St Johnstone who had just lost their 2 best players.

The form of many of our players has been frankly awful & the Malmo & Lyon games were sobering affairs.

We are far enough into the season to be concerned about our direction IMO - another game has passed & we still haven't "turned the corner".

Yet again we need to stop and think. This time last season he was in and out of the Aberdeen team, was struggling with fitness and wasn’t rated by Del Boy so wasn’t in a good place.

He has come to us, a much bigger club with totally different expectations, has had to work hard on his fitness and is really a work in progress.

He needs time to develop and adapt. Look how long it took Tav, Barasic, Aribo, Hagi etc etc.

These threads are are as tedious as fu(k. We don’t have the money to buy the finished article. We have to develop players that is our business model. That will take time and patience.

Can tell there’s a few posters who’ve been absolutely desperate to jump into Wright, can’t you?
Yup, had their fill of Lundstrum now desperate for their next target. Absolute losers the lot of them, and its the same names as well with every player, they must hate everyone.

Wright and Barisic are next in line for the FF brain trust's whipping boy.

Yet again we need to stop and think. This time last season he was in and out of the Aberdeen team, was struggling with fitness and wasn’t rated by Del Boy so wasn’t in a good place.

He has come to us, a much bigger club with totally different expectations, has had to work hard on his fitness and is really a work in progress.

He needs time to develop and adapt. Look how long it took Tav, Barasic, Aribo, Hagi etc etc.

These threads are are as tedious as fu(k. We don’t have the money to buy the finished article. We have to develop players that is our business model. That will take time and patience.
You appear to be applying this as a general rule, that we sign a player with potential and he develops into a far better player.

Let’s see where he’s at after more games, it’s weird how Kent can play badly in a stretch of games & when that’s brought up posters get a ton of the brown stuff for it, but wright has one meh game then it’s open season on the guy

Yup, had their fill of Lundstrum now desperate for their next target. Absolute losers the lot of them, and its the same names as well with every player, they must hate everyone.

Wright and Barisic are next in line for the FF brain trust's whipping boy.
As the OP can I say this has nothing to do with targeting Wright. Just expressed an opinion that he still hadn't fulfilled the expectation I personally had for him. To me he disappears in games and like many who posted on here feel that he is at the moment an impact player. Nothing at all wrong though in saying we had hoped for more. It's all about opinions. You've made yours, I've stated mine but you shouldn't use the word "hate". I want him to be a rip roaring success story as I believe all fans do. Leave the "hate" word to those that run down our club. They are the enemy.

I got hammered on here earlier in the season saying Scott Wright needed to actually do something, step up and stand out so to speak. In terms of assists or scoring goals he brings nothing to the table.
Let’s be fair, how much game time has he had? He’s had a stop start season so far, give him a run of games and then judge, Kent has had a shit load more game time & has no been great so far, I know that can be applied to most of the players, but using yesterday as a baseline to cast an opinion as to wether wright is a player or not is very misleading

Last edited:
Great game first half, I think at times he's needing to conserve his energy as he's currently trying too hard and burning himself out in the game.
offered pace and wasn't afraid to take players on.

Dynamic runner but no end product, added to the frustration today
Well, alas, we have Kent, who is of the same ilk and end-product category, but only here for the best part of 4 years or something. For one reason or another, Kent can`t do anything wrong even if he offers little for long spells. But if someone like Wright or dare I say Jones and/or Barker get a game and produce anything immediately, they become next week`s whipping boys.

He`s been a fine impact player so far, Kent has been a regular and shown - by his own standards - very little to justify a starting place ahead of Wright, Sakala, Roofe or the like.

IMHO, what games like the one against Lyon or Motherwell needed were the creative spark and shooting willingess of Hagi behind a front three. I do wonder what actually holds up his return to Scotland, given that the 2 Lyon-Brazilians were allowed in despite not fully quarantined or whatever it was.

Well, alas, we have Kent, who is of the same ilk and end-product category, but only here for the best part of 4 years or something. For one reason or another, Kent can`t do anything wrong even if he offers little for long spells. But if someone like Wright or dare I say Jones and/or Barker get a game and produce anything immediately, they become next week`s whipping boys.

He`s been a fine impact player so far, Kent has been a regular and shown - by his own standards - very little to justify a starting place ahead of Wright, Sakala, Roofe or the like.

IMHO, what games like the one against Lyon or Motherwell needed were the creative spark and shooting willingess of Hagi behind a front three. I do wonder what actually holds up his return to Scotland, given that the 2 Lyon-Brazilians were allowed in despite not fully quarantined or whatever it was.
Difference being Hagi actually had COVID.

Iv

Ive got to say that Roofe was not near as good as that boy and not a word said about it, it's not our recent buys that's our problem it's the team that won us the league last season that's not turning it on and Stevie G is not one for dropping his favourites.
Therein lies the problem. Its early days granted but our recent buys don't seem to be at the level to dislodge any of the team from last season. If you haven't got competition for your place then it would be easy to slip into complacency.

I'd never really noticed him before we signed him. I assumed he was a bit of a punt, might come good, might not.
Still feel the same - he's got talent but is it the level of talent required?

Still early doors for Scott Wright IMO, he looks decent, and hopefully will improve by the end of the season. If not then I'll be a bit more critical of him, but too early just now.

Still early doors for Scott Wright IMO, he looks decent, and hopefully will improve by the end of the season. If not then I'll be a bit more critical of him, but too early just now.
Couldn't agree more. The whole team is struggling for consistency at the moment. Injuries, suspensions, the Euros,Covid, have all contributed to a disrupted pre season and start to the season.
Wright is still finding his feet as a Rangers player.

Scores that one over the top and this is a completely different thread, needs to work on his end product

Ryan Kent 9 games 4 assists in 725 mins of football.
Scott Wright 8 games 2 goals in 446 mins of football.

Kent bought for millions Wright came in for peanuts but aye he's the one not performing.

You appear to be applying this as a general rule, that we sign a player with potential and he develops into a far better player.
Some will some won't. Jordan Jones is a really good example of one that could have developed but didn't. Barker another. Jack one that did, Kamara, Barasic etc etc. What is for sure is you cant tell after a few months. We had hoards of posters wanting Barasic freed after half a season. They have ripped into Lundstram, then last week after a decent game he is now fine.

We have posters on here that just don't understand football, just watch the goals. Wright needs a bit of time, to early to say yet if he will make it with us or not.

Jordon Jones was a decent back up.
Jones, Windass etc were decent footballers. They had talent but didn't have the mental strength to play for a club with standards where you have to win every game. that is why they will have a decent career in the lower leagues.

Footballing talent isn't on its own enough. You need more than that you need the right mentality.

Back